Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports will be releasing NHL 15 screenshots from every NHL arena over the next few months. Today they have released screenshots of American Airlines Center and Rogers Arena.

Quote:
The power of the next-gen consoles finally allows the NHL franchise to capture every detail of an NHL arena. Unique arena elements such as 19,000+ seat capacities, dynamic lighting, player entrance tunnels and much more are all captured with a level of detail not possible on the previous generation. This summer, NHL 15 will make home games will truly feel like home.

Previously released arena screenshots:Your thoughts?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Morry83 @ 07/13/14 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Apparently he has not. Place was PACKED when I last went. Even in the upper deck.
There's been so many jokes about our attendance after they released the screenshot. Just a bunch of people who have no idea what they're talking about.

# 22 bwiggy33 @ 07/14/14 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83
There's been so many jokes about our attendance after they released the screenshot. Just a bunch of people who have no idea what they're talking about.
I agree it's an ahole thing to joke about, but you guys do have the worst % in the league for attendance. You average 14,658 a game which fills up 79.1% of your arena. Only Florida and Arizona get less fans per game but their % is a tad higher than Dallas. As crappy as it is for people saying that, they aren't necessarily wrong if they aren't saying it out of ignorance. Plus if the Stars weren't as good as they were this year, the percentage would be far less. It probably would have been much closer to their numbers in 2011-12.

# 23 speels @ 07/14/14 12:42 PM
I admit that it is a little dark, but I have attached a picture of teh ACC during a game and the upper bowl crowds are not very bright even IRL. And the crowd is way to big in the EA pic.

# 24 TecmoZack @ 07/14/14 01:56 PM
AAC looks legit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 25 hogfanhw81 @ 07/14/14 03:21 PM
Quote:
Ohhh, get outta here. Have you even been to a Stars game recently?
I now live in Arkansas but lived in the area of Dallas that wasn't Addison, Plano or Richardson 5 years ago (during last playoff stint). Didn't make it back to Dallas this year for a game, but did the previous season and still watch on Fox Sports Southwest.

# 26 hogfanhw81 @ 07/14/14 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Apparently he has not. Place was PACKED when I last went. Even in the upper deck.
I ask in all fairness (not trying to create an unnecessary argument), was it the night that Modano's jersey was retired? Because that night would be what I would like every night to be at the AAC.

# 27 hogfanhw81 @ 07/14/14 03:28 PM
Quote:
I do know what I'm talking about. I'll give you an example. I was in attendance at the game where Brendan Morrow tore up his knee against the Blackhawks. I had just gotten back from the Stars Shop where I bought one of the new (at the time) Dallas road sweaters with his name and captaincy patch.

# 28 drog1602 @ 07/14/14 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
I already suggested this is the likely reason. Apparently people would rather the game run at 30 FPS so they can bitch about that instead.
And yet, MADDEN15 can show 40-60,000 fans, 22 players, 8 officials, sideline benches and players, and can do this with the upper decks visible(unless its a night game).

# 29 Blue12 @ 07/15/14 02:14 PM
I brightened up AAC a little just to see what it would look like. I did it on my phone with a cheap photo app so it's probably not great.
Attachment 79320

# 30 drog1602 @ 07/15/14 09:44 PM
Quote:
Have you played madden? Most of the off field action is blurred during gameplay, again for frame rate reasons. Seriously what kind of hardware do you believe is in these consoles? While the specs on the whole are obviously better than PS3/360, they still are not even close to the level of a high end pc by any means.
Yes, they use a blur effect and I would take that over a completely dark arena. These screen shots EA keeps showing are not during gameplay anyways, so there should not be any framerate issues if it was lighter. Are the Arenas dark now on an old console? No, so why should it be on the new next gen?
Again, its not during gameplay that we see these shots. So, what other excuse can you use for EA?

# 31 Blue12 @ 07/15/14 10:40 PM
How can madden render an entire stadium with more crowd models? I know they do the blur thing, but how is that any different?

# 32 drog1602 @ 07/15/14 10:48 PM
Quote:
... How do you think they get the screen shots to begin with? Do you think they magically create them out of game assets? Come on, stop being ridiculous. How is it an excuse? The hardware isn't anything to really write home about, is that EA's fault or Sony and MS's fault for not wanting to have to charge 1000 bucks for a console that no one would buy since at that price they may as well get a decent PC instead? Think man, THINK!

There's a reason you never saw the crowd in NBA2k14 consist of more than a handful of rows, for example. Developers need to make concessions to keep a high frame rate. If these sports games ran at 30FPS people would take a hissy fit about their 400 dollar consoles not able to do any better than 30FPS. There's a reason Xbone games run at lower resolutions and often less detail than their PS4 counterparts, the ram in the Xbone is a much lower clock speed. But hey I bet all of that is also EA fault too.

Why not just come out and say "Hey I judge games based on the publisher name on the box" and be done with it.
This is in "replay" mode. There is less cpu usage to playback then during live gameplay. Think about it a little before you get in a hissy.

You still have not answered why its light on xbox360, ps3, yet for some reason it can't be done on a new more powerful machine? If this is the case, they really need to rethink these crowds. So we should be going more towards Madden using blur, than blackout. Besides, it looks like blur is used in NHL when you look at the pics. So...

If have no issue with EA, so lets not try and play that card.

# 33 drog1602 @ 07/15/14 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue12
I brightened up AAC a little just to see what it would look like. I did it on my phone with a cheap photo app so it's probably not great.
Attachment 79320
This is how it should be! Nice work

# 34 bwiggy33 @ 07/16/14 03:33 AM
Quote:
Wasn't having a hissy, it's just pretty ridiculous to see all the spew at EA when it's something they can't fix. They didn't design the hardware.

I missed that question, they're likely still using the old crowd assets for the last gen skus I've no doubt. Replay mode is still IN game, IN engine, and they want to keep a consistent frame rate. That's really all there is to it, and they're not the only studio that has to make those concessions. Forza for example doesn't even run at 60 fps because the Xbone just can handle the visuals and the speed of a racing game smoothly at 60fps so it's locked at 30 instead.

You should be mad at Sony and MS for this, not EA. Your anger is misguided.
Who in the hell is blaming EA as a company for for all this stuff you speak of? Don't make this a company thing. Nobody is calling out EA as a company. People are talking about the questionable developer decisions they have made. I just don't get why you continue to bring up the constant hating on EA as a company to this forum. I don't think a damn person on this website cares who makes an NHL game (or any other game) as long as it's good. The reason why it may seem people hate on EA is because obviously people are unsatisfied with their games. If they didn't make so many lack luster games and weren't the only sports video game company it would be a completely different story. That hate or praise would be spread throughout numerous NHL games not just EA's version. Nobody else is making a hockey game so what other NHL games should people go and "bash?" One from 4 years ago that got plenty of it then and still gets some of it now whenever the game is brought up on this forum? I just don't get where you have this idea that people hold grudges on EA. You talk like we all want EA to fail at everything they do. If EA fails we will basically only have The Show and NBA 2k left. I doubt too many people want that. Then again though I'm probably wrong just like everyone else on this forum who brings up something wrong with the game.

# 35 bwiggy33 @ 07/16/14 12:14 PM
Quote:
Um I'm not the one bitching about the upper bowls being too dark over and over and over. I mean hell bwiggy, I think the better question is what won't people nitpick about in an EA game?

Complaining about the lack of neutral zone pressure is one thing, that's gameplay, and a valid as hell complaint. Complaining that the lighting is too dark every time they release a new arena shot? Take it up with MS and Sony.

Or my personal favorite so far, the fabric of the numbers should be different than the jersey itself
What does any of this have to do with my post? I asked why you continue to make it out to be that everyone has some grudge on EA and just hates on EA for everything that they do. You continuously make people complaining to be a shot at EA the company, when really it's a comment/suggestion/concern for the devs. Also we all know your stance on nitpicking. You've explained it in just about every thread on here where you draw the line of nitpicks and the real changes that need to be made. However, you continuously belittle the things that people mention that are important to them. I don't get why you can't just let people have their opinion and leave it at that. You respond to every little thing you don't like and go on and on about the technology of the systems. You said you hate all the complaining on here, well you're adding to it by responding to just about everything.

# 36 bigwill33 @ 07/16/14 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
What does any of this have to do with my post? I asked why you continue to make it out to be that everyone has some grudge on EA and just hates on EA for everything that they do. You continuously make people complaining to be a shot at EA the company, when really it's a comment/suggestion/concern for the devs. Also we all know your stance on nitpicking. You've explained it in just about every thread on here where you draw the line of nitpicks and the real changes that need to be made. However, you continuously belittle the things that people mention that are important to them. I don't get why you can't just let people have their opinion and leave it at that. You respond to every little thing you don't like and go on and on about the technology of the systems. You said you hate all the complaining on here, well you're adding to it by responding to just about everything.
Let him go, man. He obviously has his own agenda and cannot see things any other way. He riled me up the one day as well. It is not worth it. My biggest fear was that people come here and take his word as gospel because that is all they see as he pedals it in every other post, but all he is spewing is conjecture and speculation. But I realized that if people do that then they are not worth trying to educate or point out things to in the first place.

I will continue to post my true feelings and observations on the series. I will do so in a blunt and straight forward manner with the beliefs that the developers from any gaming company are trying to do their best and what is right for the game and consumer. When I post these short comings it is in the hopes to raise awareness and to fix the issues plaguing our beloved sports games. Not to pile on or nag. And when I point out that it is too dark in a screenshot that a company is touting as authentic (when that is the only thing we have to go off as far as media from said company) then it is nothing more than stating my opinion. And when it gets fixed in a year or two I can sit back and say "hey, I am glad I said something as it looks much better now."

In the interim it is probably just best to ignore people like this as arguing with them will get you nowhere. Because even when you do state valid arguments with data and examples to back it up they ignore it all anyway, so just return the favor and ignore them altogether. You will be a much happier person in the long run.

# 37 bwiggy33 @ 07/17/14 10:51 PM
Quote:
Actually I am all for criticism about gameplay, like neutral zone pressure and AI in general, its the total nitpicky stuff that people like to focus on that drives me crazy when they don't hold the same standard to other publishers.
They don't? I must be seeing things then because I can go on The Show forum and see people asking for better/realistic looking uniforms and other suggestions as well. You can also go on there and see people mentioning that the OF lighting in some stadiums were too dark. Guess what? The Show devs fixed that in a patch released today. I've barely played much of NBA 2k but I have been on those forums and some of the same things that are supposed "nitpicks" are said in that forum as well. That's not even mentioning the people who went balistic on 2k for their Next Gen effort. So there you have it, two non EA publishers and people are asking for the same things or getting angry at them for making poor decisions. The thing is though, those developers seem to add or fix those "nitpicks" where as EA has supposed bigger and better things to do. You should probably look on those forums before making a statement like people not holding other publishers to the same standard as EA. That's just flat out ludicrous. The only thing people want is a solid product. They couldn't care a less who it comes from, just as long as it's good.

# 38 Madwolf @ 07/18/14 11:26 PM
I think NHL is a pretty good game. It has some problems, but I don't think it detracts too much from the overall game.

The upper lighting in the arenas, and the people in the upper deck mean very little to me. As long as the arenas look as close to real is possible is all I care about.

# 39 landrews98 @ 07/20/14 03:17 PM
Rogers Arena looks really good, very realistic. Does anyone know if the Ring of Honour will be included?

# 40 bwiggy33 @ 07/20/14 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveone
Me too, Im getting worried because they havent shown a screen of it yet. Does anyone know if it will be in?
If they don't I'd be shocked. I don't think they'd finally get the rights to SAP, TD Garden, and MSG only to not get the rights to the UC. If they weren't going to have rights to one arena they may as well not have wasted their time and money to get those other three. My guess is they are saving the UC for one of their last arena screen shots.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.