Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

The free agency moves over the weekend did change the basic structure of the Eastern Conference, with more than one team now looking to have an inside track on the possibility of competing for a shot at the NBA Finals.

It looks as if Chicago, Cleveland, and Indiana will all at least be good enough to challenge for an eastern conference title -- and Miami could certainly be in the mix as well if the final few chips fall their way this offseason.

However, the one thing that hasn't changed is that the Western Conference still has the better crop of teams from top to bottom, and the Eastern Conference still has a long way to go before matching the west in power.

Carmelo didn't move west. LeBron didn't either. Pau Gasol is now in the East. It's time we see the Eastern Conference put forth more than one or two serious competitors for the NBA Championship -- and we could finally have that going into this year.

Has the change in balance in the Eastern Conference made it more appealing to play in NBA 2K15? Do you suspect more big changes are coming to the Eastern Conference this offseason?

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 snc237 @ 07/14/14 02:58 PM
The east has more quality now but it still no where near the west in skill. Ask this question in 2-3 years and I think the league powers will be swung in the east's favour with all the aging stars in the west.

# 2 burter @ 07/14/14 03:24 PM
I really believed that if my Suns were in the east last year we would have easily gotten to the ECF. Miami probably would have beaten us as they seem to have own us the last 2 years, but other than that the east just is not good. I would have put pacers up there, but after they just totally sucked it up the last 2 months of the season, I just can't put them up there. My Suns just owned them bad this past year. Rose has to be healthy or it won't matter in chicago. Great defense but they just can't score enough to do anything against the west teams. Lebron might get the cavs to the ECF but they won't beat a west team.

Now the wizards might actually get to the finals. Depending on how paul pierce works out, it could give them a push to get passed everyone else in the east. Wow can't believe I just said the wizards and finals in the same sentence lol. Don't yell at me wiz fans! I like your team a lot!

# 3 DBMcGee3 @ 07/14/14 03:55 PM
If Rose stays healthy, the Bulls should probably make it to the Finals. They will be paying Gasol and Mirotic about a combined $13 mill/yr, which is almost $4 mill less than Boozer was making alone. They just got Hinrich back on the cheap, McDermott and Snell have both looked great in summer league, and most importantly, the 'Heatles' have disbanded. The team is beginning to look a lot like the Spurs......tons of depth, lots of shooters, and a great defensive game plan night in and night out.

C'mon Derrick, the time is now.

# 4 MAGboyswifT27 @ 07/14/14 09:22 PM
There has been some great off season moves to help the East out BUT it'll still be a while til the East catches up. We'll have our typical teams from the East do well but very far behind the West. I can't wait til both conferences are balanced because I miss the excitement, competition, and entertainment like the 90's NBA period where both conferences were really good!

# 5 Gramps91 @ 07/15/14 06:02 AM
It's definitely more balanced out now I think. Hyped already for next season. Still pushing for Spurs to win though.

Go Spurs!

# 6 Jarbeez @ 07/15/14 01:09 PM
I would say I'm intrigued to see how some of these things shake out in real life, but I don't think it impacts my interest in NBA 2k15 at all. Some of the stuff I'm eager to see just can't be portrayed in a video game. Kind of like the teams with top defenses in the NBA are not portrayed correctly, some things just don't lend themselves to making a video game more intriguing.

# 7 nigel36r @ 07/16/14 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
I really believed that if my Suns were in the east last year we would have easily gotten to the ECF. Miami probably would have beaten us as they seem to have own us the last 2 years, but other than that the east just is not good. I would have put pacers up there, but after they just totally sucked it up the last 2 months of the season, I just can't put them up there. My Suns just owned them bad this past year. Rose has to be healthy or it won't matter in chicago. Great defense but they just can't score enough to do anything against the west teams. Lebron might get the cavs to the ECF but they won't beat a west team.

Now the wizards might actually get to the finals. Depending on how paul pierce works out, it could give them a push to get passed everyone else in the east. Wow can't believe I just said the wizards and finals in the same sentence lol. Don't yell at me wiz fans! I like your team a lot!
This east west conference debate has been overblown just like all the Miami bandwagon hate comments. Yes the west is a better conference, but to a certain extent. For instance the top teams in the east and even some of the bottom feeders played way better defense the last year when compared to the high scoring west teams. Teams like suns and twolves complain that they could have made a huge playoff run in the east but ironically lost their playoff positions to eastern teams. Nets, raptors, wizards all dealt them blows and those are the same teams that would also beat a lot of west playoff teams in a slower paced playoff game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.