Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 trailer, featuring the new tackling mechanic and how it could change the way you play defense.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 hawley088 @ 07/14/14 07:52 PM
even with just the defensive camera angle it will feel like a breath of fresh air to the series

# 22 RickyAC @ 07/14/14 08:04 PM
Okay, I'm confused after this video. I've been waiting since Madden 12 for a game worth buying, especially now that I have disposable income.

In Madden 13, they added the ragdoll tackling and falling system.

In Madden 14.25 they added the fancy new running back control scheme.

In this trailer, I don't seen that either of those are present anymore. Am I missing something?

I also don't see how the cone will work with multiple defenders for gang tackling.

# 23 friscob @ 07/14/14 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyAC
Okay, I'm confused after this video. I've been waiting since Madden 12 for a game worth buying, especially now that I have disposable income.

In Madden 13, they added the ragdoll tackling and falling system.

In Madden 14.25 they added the fancy new running back control scheme.

In this trailer, I don't seen that either of those are present anymore. Am I missing something?

I also don't see how the cone will work with multiple defenders for gang tackling.
Hopefully 'the fancy new running back control scheme' got scrapped.

Trailer looks good, really liked the tackle where he wrapped up the ball carrier and rolled with him to the ground. Excited to get my hands on this game

# 24 BEARYChi @ 07/14/14 08:40 PM
i know im reaching, But what are they looking at @ :47 LOL

# 25 JHTJ @ 07/14/14 09:29 PM
Ive seen actual gameplay and I have to say, 90% of that did not look like actual gameplay. CG maybe? Also, the canned tackle animations we've been dealing with forever, the same animations weve seen in what little bit of gameplay that's been released was nearly MIA in that video. Forgive my scepticism, but it smells funny.

I'll reserve judgement for the new concept on execution. I think there might be some potential if its executed properly. Don't know how much longevity it may have though. Strikes me as the type of thing that will be gone come Madden 17.

# 26 MAGboyswifT27 @ 07/14/14 09:34 PM
Maybe my eyes are bad and I missed something but I thought the tackle animations looked the same. I'll check the video out again to double check but I wasn't really feeling the tackles..

# 27 24 @ 07/14/14 09:36 PM
Much better than years past. Finally some progress is being made. I would be impressed but the fact that EA has taken this long to get proper tackling animations boggles my mind. This is a step in the right direction for the franchise and hopefully they will continue to improve.

# 28 SageInfinite @ 07/14/14 09:42 PM
The tackle at about the :38 mark looked pretty organic. The way the ball carrier got flipped and the other texan came in and his legs got rolled over. That was certainly my favorite part of the video.

Next year they really have to add head tracking for the ball carriers. It really stands out on the Ertz tackle.

# 29 wordtobigbird @ 07/14/14 09:42 PM
Personally I never had a problem tackling. If you just run into defender you pretty much do what they calling a conservative tackle now. the problem was people thought the button was a tackle button when it was really a dive button. Now its actually a tackle button.

I'm all for Madden adding more control options though. Now will the ratings matter? If I use a weak tackler or a CB on a RB and try to be aggressive will I get rightfully punished? That's what I want to know.

# 30 wordtobigbird @ 07/14/14 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
The tackle at about the :38 mark looked pretty organic. The way the ball carrier got flipped and the other texan came in and his legs got rolled over. That was certainly my favorite part of the video.

Next year they really have to add head tracking for the ball carriers. It really stands out on the Ertz tackle.
Good catch. You definitely see see the beginning of some good tackles based on momentum and not just an animation from that. Just a matter of cycling out all the old tackle animations? Not really sure.

# 31 SageInfinite @ 07/14/14 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Good catch. You definitely see see the beginning of some good tackles based on momentum and not just an animation from that. Just a matter of cycling out all the old tackle animations? Not really sure.
Yeah it's just getting rid of that old crap. I'd rather them remove the unrealistic stuff and have the game be a little repetitive, than have some of these shoulder charges. You usually end up seeing the same animations over and over anyway the way Madden cycles animations, so why not just remove the unrealistic ones?

# 32 JHTJ @ 07/14/14 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGboyswifT27
Maybe my eyes are bad and I missed something but I thought the tackle animations looked the same. I'll check the video out again to double check but I wasn't really feeling the tackles..
No, its possible its me. I worked 15 hrs today and thought the tackle animations were all slightly different. I'm used to 5–6 animations repeating all game and they didn't stick out to me, then again much of it didn't look lime ACTUAL gameplay footage to me either.

# 33 bcruise @ 07/14/14 09:54 PM
Quote:
Personally I never had a problem tackling. If you just run into defender you pretty much do what they calling a conservative tackle now. the problem was people thought the button was a tackle button when it was really a dive button. Now its actually a tackle button.

I'm all for Madden adding more control options though. Now will the ratings matter? If I use a weak tackler or a CB on a RB and try to be aggressive will I get rightfully punished? That's what I want to know.
X (on PS4) was basically a wrap tackle button last year too - since the AI controls your player while holding it down you'd just home in on the ball carrier and attempt to bring him down. Was the square button a dive no matter what your position last year, or was it just a stronger tackle when done at close range?

As for the bold, If they do, it won't be because of the cone. It's the same for all players and is merely a visual aid for the user. It's not like it's tied into player awareness like the QB vision cone was. I doubt the underlying game mechanics are going to change a whole lot with the cone addition.

# 34 whosgotcha @ 07/14/14 09:58 PM
Tackles and hits in this video look like Madden 25 (PS4) to me. The only difference I see is that there is a cone. Do I like the cone and extra button mechanics? Only if they really make a difference. If they don't, then its all fluff. Further regarding the hit and tackle animations, the truth (for me that is) is they have a long way to go in comparison to what NFL 2K5 achieved visually.

# 35 wordtobigbird @ 07/14/14 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Yeah it's just getting rid of that old crap. I'd rather them remove the unrealistic stuff and have the game be a little repetitive, than have some of these shoulder charges. You usually end up seeing the same animations over and over anyway the way Madden cycles animations, so why not just remove the unrealistic ones?
I guess because they don't see them as unrealistic. I mean they wouldn't be if they happened in a lot less often and only in situations like.

But like you said even the hitter falls in this one. I could see a LB/safety laying the shoulder on a smaller player coming across the middle. Guys like Giovonni Bernard and Trindon Holliday should be the recipients of them. Now, Marshawn Lynch and Frank Gore get shoulder charged as much as any other player. Which goes back to the ratings and size actually determining outcome properly.

# 36 wordtobigbird @ 07/14/14 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
X (on PS4) was basically a wrap tackle button last year too - since the AI controls your player while holding it down you'd just home in on the ball carrier and attempt to bring him down. Was the square button a dive no matter what your position last year, or was it just a stronger tackle when done at close range?

As for the bold, If they do, it won't be because of the cone. It's the same for all players and is merely a visual aid for the user. It's not like it's tied into player awareness like the QB vision cone was. I doubt the underlying game mechanics are going to change a whole lot with the cone addition.
It was a dive but then they added the heatseeker tackling if you held the button. I would still play friends and they would just be diving left and right trying to "tackle".

Oh of course, the cone is purely visual. It's just helping people aim their ball carrier and square up when they tackle. I don't think the mechanics will change BECAUSE of the cone but if those are the changes they usually don't advertise. Mostly because that's admitting that they knew the ratings were broken in the first play.

# 37 SageInfinite @ 07/14/14 10:09 PM
Quote:
I guess because they don't see them as unrealistic. I mean they wouldn't be if they happened in a lot less often and only in situations like.

But like you said even the hitter falls in this one. I could see a LB/safety laying the shoulder on a smaller player coming across the middle. Guys like Giovonni Bernard and Trindon Holliday should be the recipients of them. Now, Marshawn Lynch and Frank Gore get shoulder charged as much as any other player. Which goes back to the ratings and size actually determining outcome properly.
Yeah even with the big hits like that, more often times than not both guys are on the ground. I have no problem with hard hits and big hits, but just make them look realistic.

These guys make a football game for a living. The NFL is their life and their job. I only watch football and I know those hits in the game don't happen, lol. How is it that I can notice it but not them? I know it's a videogame, but these guys are preaching sim. Those hits belong in an arcade mode, or maybe restricted to the gauntlet.

# 38 Skyboxer @ 07/14/14 11:31 PM
I'd leave 2K out of the thread. Been warned already in multiple threads.

# 39 grodbetatted @ 07/15/14 12:22 AM
Shoulder tackles happen in real life more often than you think so for those people who say it never happens please stop it

# 40 StefJoeHalt @ 07/15/14 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
Shoulder tackles happen in real life more often than you think so for those people who say it never happens please stop it

I believe the point to that is shoulder tackles aren't the normal "Madden" kind we see in game..also when 180 CB shoulder tackles larger player who is running directly at said 180 CB and CB "wins" is an issue as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.