Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Check out the latest Madden NFL 15 trailer, featuring the new tackling mechanic and how it could change the way you play defense.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 OhMrHanky @ 07/15/14 07:02 AM
I think I'm the ONLY sim guy that loves the hard tackles! Lol. NOBODY likes the shoulder tackles? I know u rarely see that in real life, but it has been done. And, no, I don't want to see it EVERY tackle. But, for me, I love seeing my high hit power MLB thump some fool coming over the middle. Most of the time, I personally go for normal tackles, but when I see the play developing properly and time my spacing and positioning just right, I want to see the BLAST!! Lol. Btw, crank up fumbles and you'll see less hard hit tackles. I have CPU fumbles at 69, and I only see really hard hits a few times per game. So, for those that want more wrap up tackles, that CAN be adjusted. I definitely don't want to see the hard hits removed. Goodell is trying to remove them from the real game and that's fine, I understand real life injury concerns. But, as much as I want sim, I think this is the one area that I dig a little arcade style, WHAP!!! Got u, sucka!!! Whoooo, boy!!! How's that feel? I just hit that fool so hard, his momma died! But, I would hate seeing NFL blitz type tackles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 42 Motown @ 07/15/14 07:17 AM
I absolutely LOVE these kind of hits, & damn sure hope they're in 15...

# 43 kjcheezhead @ 07/15/14 09:01 AM
I just want physics based tackles or tackles that respect physics. I hate when a player gets hit square and still stumbles forward for 3-4 yards somehow. The shoulder tackles should throw a flag every now and then just like real life as well. It would be realistic and help curb abuse of it.

This was probably the best Madden 15 I've seen. The animations were smoother. I want to see it from the actual gameplay camera before I believe that's how it truly plays though.

# 44 K_GUN @ 07/15/14 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
Shoulder tackles happen in real life more often than you think so for those people who say it never happens please stop it
agreed.....they have also happened in other football games..ones that involve letters & numbers...

# 45 SageInfinite @ 07/15/14 10:27 AM
I don't have a problem with the flying shoulder tackles. I see those all the time. I have a problem with the shoulder charges in Madden. Where the defender runs the player over and then stands over him with his chest out. I don't see those in the NFL. The only way I could even see it happening is if another player already knocked the ball carrier off balance and then someone else came in to finish the tackle.

# 46 Matt Diesel @ 07/15/14 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
Shoulder tackles happen in real life more often than you think so for those people who say it never happens please stop it
They do but the defensive player doesn't suddenly become absolved from physics. That is, in Madden when he hits a dude with a forearm shiv the mass of the other player running at him full speed does not affect his balance in any way. Its like the offensive player runs into a brick wall.

# 47 roadman @ 07/15/14 10:51 AM
The majority of shoulder tackles are made with both players going down, but it does happen when only the ball carrier is the only one that goes down on occasion.

A majority of these hits were also before the No Fun League started giving out fines and the concussion era.

# 48 SageInfinite @ 07/15/14 11:11 AM
I love how the players seamlessly go from tackle into the celebrations. If they keep building towards seamless animations like that the game will start to look really good in motion.

# 49 NDAlum @ 07/15/14 12:27 PM
Video looks pretty good to me. Agree some over the top hard hit animations need to go.

I don't nitpick every detail so it appears to be heading in a positive direction for me. I don't mind the different tackle options. I'll be that boring guy who uses X all the time.

# 50 hanzsomehanz @ 07/15/14 12:29 PM
Within the highlights of this feature clip I am seeing some solid trench imteractions that I have yet to see in previous hands on gameplay vids.

Look closely in the background and you will see a double team pass block between guard and center that knocks the defender to the ground. I am also seeing the atackles drop to 6 yards of depth opposed to 2 or 3 and the edge rushers who are CPU controlled look to be getting into their bend in a hurry like a user would.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 51 The JareBear @ 07/15/14 12:38 PM
I just hope we eventually transition from the "Hit Stick Era" into a "Big Hits Happen Depending On Context, Ratings, Physics, And Realistically Era."

As others have said, for me it's not just about taking animations out as much as it's about when they happen, who can trigger them against who, etc.

The video looked pretty good, animations looked alright.

# 52 The JareBear @ 07/15/14 12:44 PM
Also, for the couple posts I saw criticizing the graphics. Most of the real time gameplay in the vid was shown zoomed out with the defensive cam. Just like M25, where zoom cam changed the way I looked at the gsme, the default cam for M15 (a zoom cam) will look a lot better than the zoomed out cam. I think the video, graphics wise, looks great as usual.

# 53 MAGboyswifT27 @ 07/15/14 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHTJ
No, its possible its me. I worked 15 hrs today and thought the tackle animations were all slightly different. I'm used to 5–6 animations repeating all game and they didn't stick out to me, then again much of it didn't look lime ACTUAL gameplay footage to me either.
Good points bro, I'll watch again though ha

# 54 NicVirtue @ 07/15/14 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
Don't see anything wrong with the shoulder tackle as it seems they are relegated to the hitstick only. Plenty of hard hitters use this type of tackle in the nfl.
I think the point is context. You won't see Patrick Willis laying out Marshawn Lynch like he's some kind of child, like it was shown in this trailer.

# 55 GoToledo @ 07/15/14 05:32 PM
I don't mind the shoulder tackles as much as some do here, but I would love to see the ball fly out like in that video instead of straight down all the time.

# 56 wordtobigbird @ 07/15/14 06:21 PM
Quote:
No but it's a video game. Atleast it's not a CB laying the wood. If you want realism then I guess you will have to use the safe tackle button...
At least not a CB but in Madden a CB can do it too. Size and weight and strength don't matter at all. Which is why QBs end up trucking LBs and stuff like that.

# 57 wordtobigbird @ 07/15/14 06:26 PM
Btw here's a video of Lance Briggs laying the shoulder and standing over top.

http://youtu.be/a0l-r_HVM6k

But look at the context. LB ready and waiting for a WR running right into him. He used the WRs momentum more than his own and planted his feet and shoulder charged him. This would NEVER happen if a ball carrier was actually looking at Briggs and already had the ball because he obviously wouldn't run direction into a waiting LB. CJ was running his route though and got laid out. This should happen when people start abusing slants, LBs should cheat out and lay WRs out like this.

# 58 SageInfinite @ 07/15/14 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Btw here's a video of Lance Briggs laying the shoulder and standing over top.

http://youtu.be/a0l-r_HVM6k

But look at the context. LB ready and waiting for a WR running right into him. He used the WRs momentum more than his own and planted his feet and shoulder charged him. This would NEVER happen if a ball carrier was actually looking at Briggs and already had the ball because he obviously wouldn't run direction into a waiting LB. CJ was running his route though and got laid out. This should happen when people start abusing slants, LBs should cheat out and lay WRs out like this.
Totally agree. It's all about the context and the way they look and how they occur. I shouldn't be running head on with Frank Gore or Lynch and get rocked by a corner who just turned around or just got block and then levels me.

With that said 15 looks alot better than 25. This is still the best I've seen 15 look.

# 59 NicVirtue @ 07/15/14 06:33 PM
Quote:
No but it's a video game. Atleast it's not a CB laying the wood. If you want realism then I guess you will have to use the safe tackle button...
I'm about tired of that excuse being used. They are touting simulation, so things should be judged based on that. Is it too much to ask for weight and size to actually matter more so than just animation? In 2014, I think not.

# 60 wordtobigbird @ 07/15/14 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Totally agree. It's all about the context and the way they look and how they occur. I shouldn't be running head on with Frank Gore or Lynch and get rocked by a corner who just turned around or just got block and then levels me.

With that said 15 looks alot better than 25. This is still the best I've seen 15 look.
This goes back to "do physics/ratings actually matter?". I would love to see a twitter response to this. Personally, I can safely say the answer is no with last gen M25. Haven't played PS4/X1, but on 360 I just stopped using the hit stick because I was literally laying out everyone with anyone. I could use nickleback or a DT and lay the same huge hit on any RB. The ratings matter but only if you make 20+ point differences. A 5'9 180lb CB could lay just as big of a hit as a 6'4 300lb lineman and it's one of the things that takes you out of the immersion immediately.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.