Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

2K has announced Pharrell Williams will curate the soundtrack for NBA 2K15. The full soundtrack will be released later this summer. Billboard has stated songs from System of a Down and Strafe would be included and 2K confirmed it will be the largest soundtrack to date for the franchise.

Read the full press release below.

Grammy Award Winner Pharrell Williams to Curate NBAŽ 2K15 Soundtrack

Creative mogul and entertainment visionary to hand-select the most extensive and musically diverse soundtrack in NBA 2K history

2K today announced a new collaboration with internationally-renowned artist and producer Pharrell Williams to curate the most extensive and unique soundtrack compilation in NBA 2K franchise history for NBAŽ 2K15, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*. The partnership brings together one of music’s most creative minds with one of the most successful entertainment properties of the last decade.

“It was a cool experience. I tried to curate songs that were diverse but yet still proved to be motivational to gamers,” said Pharrell. “It was important to me that the music complemented the on-court action of NBA basketball in NBA 2K15. I hope everyone enjoys it.”

A renowned visionary across music, fashion, and design, Pharrell has served as a pop-culture force since his days as a founding member of N.E.R.D and the Neptunes to his latest venture with multi-media creative collective i am OTHER. His work includes producing tracks for some of the biggest albums of the decade, such as Kendrick Lamar’s “Good Kid, M.A.A.D City” and Frank Ocean’s “Channel Orange,” as well as hit singles "Happy," “Blurred Lines” with Robin Thicke and “Get Lucky” with Daft Punk.

“Pharrell’s passion and reputation as a visionary producer and expertise from working with the NBA will be evident in the largest and most eclectic NBA 2K soundtrack ever,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for 2K. “We really listened to our fans’ feedback on how we could improve their experience from a music standpoint, and we’re confident Pharrell’s collaboration in NBA 2K15 will impress players as much as it’s impressed us.”

Pharrell’s soundtrack selections will be revealed later this summer. Follow @NBA2K on Twitter and use the hashtag #YourTimeHasCome for the latest NBA 2K15 news.

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K studio, NBA 2K15 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K15 is scheduled for release on October 7 in North America, and on October 10 internationally for the PlayStationŽ3 and PlayStationŽ4 computer entertainment systems, the Xbox One all-in-one games and entertainment system and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft; and Windows PC.

NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NBA 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 NINJAK2 @ 07/15/14 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Really!? Wow, didn't know. I didn't think he was in his mid-20's but didn't think he was 40 either. Oh well, he looks young - and young can be relative
Jeesh 40 is not that old guys ..lol. Trust me the rumors about the grim reaper anxiously following you around
once you hit the big 4-0 is an urban legend..lol

on topic...Pharrell can arrange some great instrumentals so music should be solid

# 62 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 07/15/14 07:50 PM
Steve tweeted that Happy WILL NOT be on 2k15 soundtrack 👍😃

# 63 The 24th Letter @ 07/15/14 07:56 PM
Cool.

Didn't see why it was a big deal anyway,

# 64 spankdatazz22 @ 07/15/14 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Jeesh 40 is not that old guys ..lol. Trust me the rumors about the grim reaper anxiously following you around
once you hit the big 4-0 is an urban legend..lol

on topic...Pharrell can arrange some great instrumentals so music should be solid
I wasn't trying to imply 40 is that old - I'm still older than he is. I was just surprised that he might be close to 40; I've always viewed him as relatively young(er). Either way I agree the music should be pretty good. I think he's an awesome choice; imo 2K's always done a good job of staying ahead of the curve in allowing the game to have a "hip" feel and not grow stale.

Not sure why Happy being included was such a big deal either. While it wouldn't be appropriate as game introduction music, as part of a bigger/diverse soundtrack it shouldn't have been an issue. I'd guess if NBA draft picks were allowed to pick their own walk up music (similar to NFL draft picks a few months ago), a few of them might've picked Happy too

# 65 Mauer4MVP @ 07/15/14 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGboyswifT27
Pharell is a great producer and like some of the comments I've read in this thread, this should bring the soundtrack game up a lot like it used to be. His music would be diverse as well with Hip Hop, Alternative, etc he's very well rounded in the music industry.
Ugh, my least favorite word in the music industry. It's like they just got lazy naming genres, so they were like, "It's just too much work. Just take all of this stuff and name it random, or how about Alternative?! Yeah, lets go with that."

# 66 Ferweezy @ 07/15/14 10:28 PM
2K needs to step their cover art game up. I've seen custom covers wayyyy better then their super basic covers.

# 67 King_B_Mack @ 07/15/14 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I answered your question and you wanted to say something similar to that? So you were looking for a moment to stick up for 2K? Bruh, I see your ways on this forum. Attack the Live game. Defend the 2K game. I'm really not that guy. I'm on my chill.

But switching lanes - the reason for Barkley being omitted was unclear. Back to my original thought - 2K can find a deal to get Grammy winning producers to pick songs for their soundtrack but can't find a way to come to agreement to put NBA legends in the game.

You do know there is a thing called negotiations, right?

Edit: And I don't mind Pharrell being in the game - I'm a hip hop fan so its a win for me - except if they add 'Happy' ... seriously ....

LMAO. Yes because there isn't documented proof on this site of me calling out 2K when it's warranted. Keep the other game out of here because it has nothing to do with anything. Your answer sucked because it omitted the fact that the only legends that anybody cares about not being in the game are Barkley and Reggie who don't want to be in the game. Furthermore you don't even know how much Pharrell is getting paid and what that price is in relation to what some random legend may be asking for his likeness to appear in the game. For all you know, it costs more for a legend's likeness as opposed to Pharrell slapping a couple songs on a piece of paper for them to go get.

But whatever bruh, I've spent too much time on this already.

# 68 Mintsa @ 07/15/14 11:45 PM
They should get some region specific covers going. They did it with nhl 2k and the show doesn't know. They should get demar Derozan on the cover for Canada, gasol/Rubio for Spain etc.

# 69 SPRINGS03 @ 07/16/14 01:49 AM
^What does that have to do with the soundtrack?

Yeah, the more recent 2k soundtracks have been more meh, IMO. i feel like 2k10 was one of the last ones with a mix of a lot of underground stuff. BUT, pharrell is a solid choice, and i get that some of ya'll feel like 2k has gone more mainstream/generic with music. But pharrell isn't just some pop artist, he's a really damn great producer and he's done all kinds of styles of music. I guess some of you guys only know about "happy"(which really isn't a terrible song) but if that's the case, you really don't know much about pharrell, he's done MUCH more than that.

Either way, this is one of the last things i really care about for 2k15. The soundtrack could consist of farting noises and i wouldn't care if they addressed issues with the actual game lol.

# 70 LoSoisNiCEx414 @ 07/16/14 03:00 AM
Im hoping Tit for Tat by Fabolous is on there. Produced by Pharrell. Old but still my ish, & Pharrell killed the beat breakdown at the end

# 71 ShogunTake @ 07/16/14 04:08 AM
Not to disrespect, but this cover looks amateur as hell. It honestly looks like a fan edit.

# 72 CaCHooKa Man @ 07/16/14 06:41 AM
LAHOMA CITY = LA HOME A CITY

Durant to Lakers in 2016 confirmed

# 73 franzis @ 07/16/14 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCHooKa Man
LAHOMA CITY = LA HOME A CITY

Durant to Lakers in 2016 confirmed
You are wrong
2k15 = He will force a trade to LA before 2016

# 74 AirJordanFan93 @ 07/16/14 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
They should get some region specific covers going. They did it with nhl 2k and the show doesn't know. They should get demar Derozan on the cover for Canada, gasol/Rubio for Spain etc.
Wasn't Live doing that for years.

# 75 Mckinley Cash @ 07/16/14 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
You are wrong
2k15 = He will force a trade to LA before 2016
Durant to DC in '16.

# 76 Clappington @ 07/16/14 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
Durant to DC in '16.
I could see that happening lowkey.

# 77 Mckinley Cash @ 07/16/14 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clappington
I could see that happening lowkey.
The "all-knowing" Stephen A. Smith said that somebody in KD's circle claims the only other place he would play, besides OKC, is DC.
KD grew up in DC, so it seems likely.

That team would be deadly.

The Washington Post via http://teamstre.am/W79fkr

# 78 JerzeyReign @ 07/16/14 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunTake
Not to disrespect, but this cover looks amateur as hell. It honestly looks like a fan edit.
It does. Speaking of fans - especially since this is the final - they might as well pick the player and let the fans make/vote on the cover. Winner gets a free copy of NBA 2K15 on the console of their choice.

# 79 Clappington @ 07/16/14 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckinley Cash
The "all-knowing" Stephen A. Smith said that somebody in KD's circle claims the only other place he would play, besides OKC, is DC.
KD grew up in DC, so it seems likely.

That team would be deadly.

The Washington Post via http://teamstre.am/W79fkr
Lol one thing I can say about Stephen A Smith he do be calling things on point before it happens I gotta give him credit on that.

# 80 kolanji @ 07/16/14 10:37 AM
Am not impressed with marketing at 2kSports, to think of it I never was, I always bought their products from merits and familiarity...

Their work overall is good but selling the product to the consumers, yea...... not so good...

Why announced ''Pharrell Williams to Curate NBA 2K15 Soundtrack'' with so minimal info.... you see what it causes with an already divided 2k community in this thread???? It raises more questions than excitement or interest

Why? 2k has s habits of announcing announcements , and this clearly irritates more than excites their users

Now we have information as 'most songs ever' over shadowed by ''I hope happy isn't on that list''

How could this had been avoided? Just release more complete information, u don't have it now, then wait until you do and for gosh sake don't release an announcement about .''We have awesome announcement coming soon'' so thank you 2k for not taking that route with this one

But still this announcement could have waited for track list and more details to be available and released at the same time...Ronnie2k and Chris Manning am looking at you bros , don't over hype announcements of announcements you did us wrong last year, and we didn't appreciated it, so most of us are still a bit bitter, but we are still around so that is saying something

As for me soundtrack is not that of a big concern to me if I like a track, cool if I don't I turn it off, simple so Jay Z, Pharrell, Lebron its all good to me

Ps I had to Google the meaning of CURATE
Game On

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.