Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports posted the newest NHL 15 trailer today (and 4 more screenshots), showing off the new physics in this years game. In the trailer, we see that not only are the players getting a physics overhaul but the puck itself is getting new physics. The game will feature physics which see the puck interacting with the ice in ways we've only dreamed of up until this point.

What do you think of the trailer?

NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Majingir @ 07/18/14 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retropyro
It would be awesome if they just released it for beta test now or two months ago.
Video games really need to have better game testers. I remember watching something on a TV show from around 15 years ago where one person went inside a video game place, and they showed how it was one guys job to play the game and see what possibly bugs and glitches he encounters and then the developers go and fix it before the game is released.

Doesn't seem like that happens much anymore today in many games because so many games, people encounter problems that if even the developers played for like 20-30 minutes,they'd easily find abunch of stuff too.

# 62 Money99 @ 07/19/14 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majingir
Video games really need to have better game testers. I remember watching something on a TV show from around 15 years ago where one person went inside a video game place, and they showed how it was one guys job to play the game and see what possibly bugs and glitches he encounters and then the developers go and fix it before the game is released.

Doesn't seem like that happens much anymore today in many games because so many games, people encounter problems that if even the developers played for like 20-30 minutes,they'd easily find abunch of stuff too.
You mean, like this, haha:

Don't tick off this referee! He can fell you with his mind!

"Brum, brum brummm!"

"The power of Christ compels you!"

# 63 loso_34 @ 07/19/14 01:46 PM
Am i the only one disappointed in them selling a feature ea should have had since 2007?

Realistic puck physics is not new due to the 2k series and shouldnt be some great feature. Again goalies are very disappointing.

http://youtu.be/TDAFDnYR9Pw

How the hell in 2013 were pucks fallinng on goaltenders shoulders and helmets?

This is without goalies keeping their eyes on the puck! My god at this goalie ai. Puck physics and goalie a.i need some love.

As for me no nhl game this year. Pathetic bow they are behjnd the 2k series in both goalie a.i and puck physics.

# 64 drog1602 @ 07/21/14 11:15 AM
Let me say first that I like the idea of real puck physics and I just hope the puck physics and players collisions are not overdone, as every previous NHL Series feature has been. These new puck physics also better mean that there are loose pucks and not pucks that still somehow wind up on the other teams stick every time I make a good defensive play.

So far here is my worries and predictions for what we will/might see at release (yes I might be "that" person over analyzing/ thinking and being overly critical, but it needs to be put out there as a concern).

- A ton of breakaways, due to the AI d-man pinching up at the blue line and pucks hopping sticks.

- humans creating player picks, creating collisions between the AI players and allowing easy paths to the net.

- old goaltender animations that do not know how to handle the new puck physics. Already in the current game, if you bounce a puck off the boards and through the crease, goalies put on a comedy show. It will only get worse. Also goalies currently have issue trying to cover a puck inches in front of them. How bad will it be with bouncing pucks?

-I also predict the new tactic will be crashing the net, in hopes to push the goalie out of the crease with player pile ups.

- OTP with be a grievers paradise with same team player collisions the new weapon of choice.

I predict the first (and only) patch will remove or greatly reduce player collisions and reduce puck bounce.

I really hope I am wrong, but previous track records would say my concerns are validated. From the limited videos I have watched, my hair stands up.

Keeping fingers crossed. X

# 65 alextheplayer @ 09/03/14 07:13 PM
I just hate when people say these games aren't scripted, in a bid to keep casuals (and just weak gamers in general) sticking around and therefore perhaps maybe investing some cash into Ultimate Team, when they clearly are...

It is so blatant...

The scripting isn't even subtle a helluva lot of the time...

Their corporate business strategy quite literally screams at you though the gameplay... So much so that it's impossible for me to think of these games as a recreation of sports.

The game shouldn't have me feeling like I'm playing some corporate business thing.

I even have this Madden 09 ad to further back up my argument... Hit "Madden TV Spot (Leon)" into Google search...

They clearly have IQ balancing in there that essentially makes that Ultimate team mode a huge scam.

And its bid to balance things (and encourage unpredictability) by scripting it will quite often make the person who has the aids ver near unstoppable, smashing the physics and common sense all logic along the way...

They aren't voted worst company in America for nothing, you know.

# 66 alextheplayer @ 09/03/14 07:17 PM
***And in its bid to balance things (and encourage unpredictability) by scripting it will quite often make the person who has the aids ver near unstoppable, smashing the physics and all common sense logic along the way...

They aren't voted worst company in America for nothing, you know.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.