Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show patch 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) are available now for their respective consoles. Below are the patch details.
  • Online Gameplay stability (a lot of changes and improvements):
  • General online synching and stability.
  • Play results are now consistent on both users machines.
  • Fielder synching issues across two users online now fixed.
  • Batter desync when batter calls time.
  • Balks or balls in the dirt no longer cause hang.
  • Ball deflected collision on defensive players now consistent on both user screens.
  • Late fielding dives no longer cause the game to hang online.
  • Fielding decisions and throws are now consistent on both player screens.
  • Late Bunt (and bunts pulled back) and swing attempts now give the same game result
  • Check swing improvements to online gameplay
  • Challenge of the Week pitcher settings no longer carrying over from any other game mode.
  • Timing issues with pausing the game and guess pitching at the same time no longer cause issues.
  • Stealing home while batter takes strike 3 for the 3rd out issue fixed.
  • Ball 4 resulting in a walk on a wild pitch and trying to advance the runner on first issue fixed.
  • Fixed infrequent end of online game crash at closing on-screen-display graphic.
  • Fixed rare instance of on-screen bright color/black corruption affecting stadiums and players.
  • Fixed very rare corrupted player faces issue. This would show up as dark splotches and patches. This happened in certain player substitutions in Franchise mode Spring Training.
  • In Game Options for Camera changes are now saved when reloading the game.
  • Road to the Show crash when loading into Batting practice addressed
  • At-bat ambient Organ music addressed (wasn't playing when intended)
  • Custom Music applied to all players now properly working.
  • First HR in a Franchise game issue no longer stating "First Career HR" every time.
  • Umpire balls, strikes and 3rd strike audio calls now playing properly and consistently
  • With Music Mode on, stealing a base no longer skips the song track.
  • Andrelton Simmons face fixed!
  • Home Run Derby can now be entered during the install, once the needed assets are loaded.
  • Bernie Brewer now seen after a Home Run in Miller Park.
  • Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong.
  • Analog throw meter difficulty balanced on all levels.
  • Fixed issue with repeated jumping near a pop-up causing the runner to take off for the next base.
  • All Vault screens should now default to rating (no longer sorted by user name).
  • Diamond Dynasty> My Bids fix to prevent a crash when users have more than 500 transactions.
  • Online score posting fix to prevent lost online game scores and data.
  • Addressed a Login/Boot-up crash that would sometimes occur when logging in during peak hours.
  • Fixed Diamond Dynasty "vs cpu" pre-game line-up crash that could happen before proceeding into the game load.
  • The Show Live Double Header games now have crowds for both games.
  • Diamond Dynasty and The Show Live issue fixed where some players were showing Headley (PS4) and Jeter (PS3) heads on certain players.
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 101 baseballmad @ 07/18/14 01:12 PM
Oh well, with August just around the corner ,better let the dev's get started on MLB'15 (The Patch:... with all the bits we failed to fix in MLB'14)....and including all the bits we took out of 12 + 13, that you all enjoyed, but we didn't have enough time/memory for, but also including all the things you really want (and ask for repeatedly), on the 'New Generation', of all seeing, all dancing PS4.....

# 102 HozAndMoose @ 07/18/14 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballmad
Oh well, with August just around the corner ,better let the dev's get started on MLB'15 (The Patch:... with all the bits we failed to fix in MLB'14)....and including all the bits we took out of 12 + 13, that you all enjoyed, but we didn't have enough time/memory for, but also including all the things you really want (and ask for repeatedly), on the 'New Generation', of all seeing, all dancing PS4.....
What exactly did they take out of 12/13 that we all enjoyed?

# 103 countryboy @ 07/18/14 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Nope and the signage had the Orioles logo on it........in Oakland
I was thinking maybe the signage carried over from team with player but possibly showed the wrong logo.

That is weird and funny!

# 104 Clarityman @ 07/18/14 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Again what type of base running are you using? Ive done at least a hundred hit and runs. Not once has a player slid.
Really? Hundreds of times? As in you sent a man to steal second, made contact that found a whole, then decided to send him to third as soon as the ball broke through?

Because every time in this version, the runner slides into 2nd and IGNORES the call to run to third, no matter how many times you prompt him otherwise. This is, of course, not at all true to life.

I have it on Assist, of course. Like to push the basrunners if I see an opportunity. Can't wrap my mind around playing on Auto, which I assume is your setting since it's the only other option and the only way to avoid this problem.

# 105 HozAndMoose @ 07/18/14 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
Really? Hundreds of times? As in you sent a man to steal second, made contact that found a whole, then decided to send him to third as soon as the ball broke through?

Because every time in this version, the runner slides into 2nd and IGNORES the call to run to third, no matter how many times you prompt him otherwise. This is, of course, not at all true to life.

I have it on Assist, of course. Like to push the basrunners if I see an opportunity. Can't wrap my mind around playing on Auto, which I assume is your setting since it's the only other option and the only way to avoid this problem.
Yepp. On Assisted base running. EVERY single time he slides. Not sure what game i am playing then.

# 106 DGuinta1 @ 07/18/14 02:42 PM
Can't believe the lighting wasn't fixed. It's dark out there in Pittsburgh. Geez!

# 107 Turbojugend @ 07/18/14 02:42 PM
Very happy to hear about the organ music. I played a bit this morning but had the sound turned way down as to not wake the missus.

Frame rate cutscenes seem exactly the same, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of optimization that needs to go into improving that. Maybe next year...

I did notice one minor glitch that I've never seen before. Angels (me) vs. Yankees (CPU) at Yankee Stadium, Quick Counts On: Josh Hamilton was at bat but the scoreboard showed Mike Trout, but on the next pitch the scoreboard switched to Hamilton. What's even weirder is that Pujols bats between those two, so it's not like it got stuck or anything. Weird.

# 108 HozAndMoose @ 07/18/14 02:45 PM
Here is another one just in case you want to try and say i wasnt on assist.

# 109 Jr. @ 07/18/14 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman

Yeah I haven't seen this issue either. I've only had maybe 10-15 successful hit and runs (meaning I didn't pop it up, miss the pitch, or hit a fly ball) and I've never had a problem sending the runner to the next base.

My guess, and maybe I'm wrong but it's the only thing I can think of that would be causing this, is that you're too late with attempting to advance the runner. Whenever I'm sending a guy to the next base, I try to make sure I'm pressing L1, or the button for whichever base I want him to advance to, before he reaches the grass cut around the base (usually about 2-3 steps before reaching the base). If you press it just before the runner attempts a slide, obviously the animation takes over and you cannot advance him.

Again, I could be wrong, but that's my main guess. The other is that you're using analog hitting and pre-loading the slide as a result of moving the stick up for your swing and holding it there once the screen cuts to the fielding view. I don't use analog myself, so I'm not sure if this is even an issue, but just another guess.

# 110 Armor and Sword @ 07/18/14 03:47 PM
Quote:
What exactly did they take out of 12/13 that we all enjoyed?
Full batter routines before/during of them getting into the box. On 13 they were back (as they were in 11) as 12 cut them out. Well they cut them out for the most part again in 14.

real Time presentation was elimated (I liked turning that on sometimes for a change of pace...no cut scenes).

The ability to turn off the HR cam. I loved the pulled back camera on no doubters. Not the behind the catcher shot the HR cam produces. Now they patched the pull back back in and it is supposed to be triggered 75% of the time....but it is not so. I am seeing about a 2-1 ratio of HR cam to the pulled back cam. I am pretty certain they give us the toggle again for 15 to turn off the HR cam.

Organ music while pitchers warm up. In 11 and 12 I loved that. In 13 they did the rock music. And while I got used to it and like it now (and they lowered it down to an ambient level for 14) I miss just hearing the organ music playing while a pitcher warms up.

Also for 15 I would love to see the return of the umpire crew being announced. I loved that small touch and that is how a real broadcast is to this day. I know I can go to the game log to see what crew I am playing with (as I know certain umpires tendencies) but having that feature was cool and made it feel authentic.

# 111 Armor and Sword @ 07/18/14 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneomac
Are these changes for the ps3 version as well?
Yes. They are patched for PS3 as well.

# 112 HozAndMoose @ 07/18/14 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Full batter routines before/during of them getting into the box. On 13 they were back (as they were in 11) as 12 cut them out. Well they cut them out for the most part again in 14.

real Time presentation was elimated (I liked turning that on sometimes for a change of pace...no cut scenes).

The ability to turn off the HR cam. I loved the pulled back camera on no doubters. Not the behind the catcher shot the HR cam produces. Now they patched the pull back back in and it is supposed to be triggered 75% of the time....but it is not so. I am seeing about a 2-1 ratio of HR cam to the pulled back cam. I am pretty certain they give us the toggle again for 15 to turn off the HR cam.

Organ music while pitchers warm up. In 11 and 12 I loved that. In 13 they did the rock music. And while I got used to it and like it now (and they lowered it down to an ambient level for 14) I miss just hearing the organ music playing while a pitcher warms up.

Also for 15 I would love to see the return of the umpire crew being announced. I loved that small touch and that is how a real broadcast is to this day. I know I can go to the game log to see what crew I am playing with (as I know certain umpires tendencies) but having that feature was cool and made it feel authentic.
More than i thought they did. I usually skip that stuff so i didnt notice.

# 113 Armor and Sword @ 07/18/14 03:56 PM
Quote:
More than i thought they did. I usually skip that stuff so i didnt notice.
They catered to you then LOL. But that is unlike SCEA. They usually leave in the little things. It is what gives this game it's undeniable charm.

X button is your friend. But some of us love to take it all in and have the option to speed along when we want. I hope they bring back the 'little things" like mentioned above that make this baseball game so great year after year.

Don't get me wrong. 14 is by far my favorite version. I just want it all.

# 114 HozAndMoose @ 07/18/14 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
They catered to you then LOL. But that is unlike SCEA. They usually leave in the little things. It is what gives this game it's undeniable charm.

X button is your friend. But some of us love to take it all in and have the option to speed along when we want. I hope they bring back the 'little things" like mentioned above that make this baseball game so great year after year.

Don't get me wrong. 14 is by far my favorite version. I just want it all.
I agree. The sooner they drop support for PS3 the sooner that kind of stuff will come back i think. They can still do it while making a PS3 version. Just feel like we wont get an MLB The Show that takes full advantage of the PS4 until they do.

# 115 vinny_pizza @ 07/18/14 04:45 PM
Played a game last night and today and I'm psyched that the custom camera held, but I don't hear organ music. Played at Citi Field and then Wrigley, didn't hear it at all. Sound is up, settings are at full, but nada. Weird.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

# 116 Ivawoody @ 07/18/14 04:56 PM
What about the double play take out slide glitch? Does the runner headed to 1st still slide into the bag everytime?

# 117 ShowTyme15 @ 07/18/14 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivawoody
What about the double play take out slide glitch? Does the runner headed to 1st still slide into the bag everytime?
That's not a glitch. When hitting into a double play you are actually controlling the runner going to first rather than the runner headed to second. So when you move the stick to slide (thinking you are the runner going to 2B) that's why the runner headed to first slides when it's close. Don't move the stick and the runner won't slide into 1B.

# 118 hogfanhw81 @ 07/18/14 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
I still saw this in my saved Franchise game.

But could it be because I was playing in a game that I saved from last night?
Just hit a home run with Daric Barton of the A's on a franchise started today post-patch and it said first career home-run, so apparently this was not fixed.

# 119 forme95 @ 07/18/14 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
This patch really didn't hit any of the big things I was looking for. I was sort of underwhelmed when I saw the notes...
Ya, but now the organ music works..... isnt that all that matters SMH lol

# 120 WaitTilNextYear @ 07/18/14 06:07 PM
Just fired up the PS4 for the first time today and my custom pitching camera DID NOT HAVE TO BE RE-MADE. Love that custom cameras are actually saving now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.