Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

MLB 14 The Show patch 1.12 (PS4) and patch 1.17 (PS3) are available now for their respective consoles. Below are the patch details.
  • Online Gameplay stability (a lot of changes and improvements):
  • General online synching and stability.
  • Play results are now consistent on both users machines.
  • Fielder synching issues across two users online now fixed.
  • Batter desync when batter calls time.
  • Balks or balls in the dirt no longer cause hang.
  • Ball deflected collision on defensive players now consistent on both user screens.
  • Late fielding dives no longer cause the game to hang online.
  • Fielding decisions and throws are now consistent on both player screens.
  • Late Bunt (and bunts pulled back) and swing attempts now give the same game result
  • Check swing improvements to online gameplay
  • Challenge of the Week pitcher settings no longer carrying over from any other game mode.
  • Timing issues with pausing the game and guess pitching at the same time no longer cause issues.
  • Stealing home while batter takes strike 3 for the 3rd out issue fixed.
  • Ball 4 resulting in a walk on a wild pitch and trying to advance the runner on first issue fixed.
  • Fixed infrequent end of online game crash at closing on-screen-display graphic.
  • Fixed rare instance of on-screen bright color/black corruption affecting stadiums and players.
  • Fixed very rare corrupted player faces issue. This would show up as dark splotches and patches. This happened in certain player substitutions in Franchise mode Spring Training.
  • In Game Options for Camera changes are now saved when reloading the game.
  • Road to the Show crash when loading into Batting practice addressed
  • At-bat ambient Organ music addressed (wasn't playing when intended)
  • Custom Music applied to all players now properly working.
  • First HR in a Franchise game issue no longer stating "First Career HR" every time.
  • Umpire balls, strikes and 3rd strike audio calls now playing properly and consistently
  • With Music Mode on, stealing a base no longer skips the song track.
  • Andrelton Simmons face fixed!
  • Home Run Derby can now be entered during the install, once the needed assets are loaded.
  • Bernie Brewer now seen after a Home Run in Miller Park.
  • Addressed Strike Zone size on PS4 that cause ball/strike calls to appear very wrong.
  • Analog throw meter difficulty balanced on all levels.
  • Fixed issue with repeated jumping near a pop-up causing the runner to take off for the next base.
  • All Vault screens should now default to rating (no longer sorted by user name).
  • Diamond Dynasty> My Bids fix to prevent a crash when users have more than 500 transactions.
  • Online score posting fix to prevent lost online game scores and data.
  • Addressed a Login/Boot-up crash that would sometimes occur when logging in during peak hours.
  • Fixed Diamond Dynasty "vs cpu" pre-game line-up crash that could happen before proceeding into the game load.
  • The Show Live Double Header games now have crowds for both games.
  • Diamond Dynasty and The Show Live issue fixed where some players were showing Headley (PS4) and Jeter (PS3) heads on certain players.
Source - The Show Nation

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 WaitTilNextYear @ 07/18/14 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend

I did notice one minor glitch that I've never seen before. Angels (me) vs. Yankees (CPU) at Yankee Stadium, Quick Counts On: Josh Hamilton was at bat but the scoreboard showed Mike Trout, but on the next pitch the scoreboard switched to Hamilton. What's even weirder is that Pujols bats between those two, so it's not like it got stuck or anything. Weird.
No, this has been in there before the patch. The game has a bit of a lag in that it will usually require one pitch to the new batter before swapping out the video scoreboard picture of the previous batter.

# 122 aukevin @ 07/18/14 06:21 PM
In RTTS, infielders can get stuck prior to the pitch not allowing you to shift to your manager's request. This was happening before the patch and I hoped it would have been fixed because it does affect the gameplay causing you to play out of position. Drives me crazy because it happens pretty much every game.

# 123 Clarityman @ 07/18/14 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Here is another one just in case you want to try and say i wasnt on assist.

Wow, that's absolutely amazing. I literally just played a game and the glitch I'm describing was fully happening.

I want to really stress that I am NOT pressing the return button too late. Last game I played, it was a 2-2 count, I had Bogaerts up at bat with Holt on first. I sent Holt and Bogaerts lifting a lazy fly to right. The MOMENT i made contact I know it's an out so I'm selecting the runner and jamming the first base button but he refuses to return and slides into second for an easy force out. This used to work fine in every other version, and I've been playing since '08.

I know I'm not the only one having this issue. I've seen plenty of others post about it, including in this thread. I am inclined to wonder if maybe I really should completely reinstall the game if there are others who for real never have the problem. Although I'm more tempted to return it and just play '13, in which there were no framerate or baserunner issues, and PNC looked gorgeous and there were classic stadiums, etc........

# 124 HozAndMoose @ 07/18/14 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarityman
Wow, that's absolutely amazing. I literally just played a game and the glitch I'm describing was fully happening.

I want to really stress that I am NOT pressing the return button too late. Last game I played, it was a 2-2 count, I had Bogaerts up at bat with Holt on first. I sent Holt and Bogaerts lifting a lazy fly to right. The MOMENT i made contact I know it's an out so I'm selecting the runner and jamming the first base button but he refuses to return and slides into second for an easy force out. This used to work fine in every other version, and I've been playing since '08.

I know I'm not the only one having this issue. I've seen plenty of others post about it, including in this thread. I am inclined to wonder if maybe I really should completely reinstall the game if there are others who for real never have the problem. Although I'm more tempted to return it and just play '13, in which there were no framerate or baserunner issues, and PNC looked gorgeous and there were classic stadiums, etc........
When you have some people with the issue and some without then its not that easy of a fix. Im not saying its not an issue. Just trying to say it doesnt happen every time. When i was trying to get the video of it not happening i actually had it happen on an out.

# 125 Pandetta @ 07/18/14 07:25 PM
I've experienced an error, especially in franchise but also while editing rosters, that crashes the game.

In franchise this often manifests itself when you navigate to the 'contracts' screen. I believe error CE-34878-0, which I've seen mentioned but nothing with the patch.

I couldn't really determine from notes/manual searching if this was addressed (using my phone).

# 126 WaitTilNextYear @ 07/18/14 07:49 PM
The CE-34878-0 blue screen of death is not specific to the Show. It's a PS4-wide issue that appears on a number of games, so a Show patch ain't gonna fix it unfortunately. It would have to come in a PS4 system update, but I'm not sure when--people have been getting this since PS4 launched last year.

# 127 saintjimbo1885 @ 07/18/14 08:04 PM
Re. the baserunning problems:

Probably a daft question but if you are using pure analog, you have made sure that you have set the sliding decisions to on??

# 128 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/18/14 09:23 PM
Cant you just use R1 to return the runner to 1st on a lazy fly ball?

# 129 @legendm0de @ 07/18/14 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
They catered to you then LOL. But that is unlike SCEA. They usually leave in the little things. It is what gives this game it's undeniable charm.

X button is your friend. But some of us love to take it all in and have the option to speed along when we want. I hope they bring back the 'little things" like mentioned above that make this baseball game so great year after year.

Don't get me wrong. 14 is by far my favorite version. I just want it all.
They are the only title in all sports games so far that strip their game of its presentation, pace and intentionally generate an arcadish, rapid pace of play that is forced onto all users. I don't understand the thought process on this at all. Especially in a sport like baseball, where there easily is no other sport with more need to present things, but they don't even present batters as they walkup to the plate.. & while going through their at bat.

Plus the fact that this PS4 debut was largely about showcasing the new recreated ballparks and ballpark atmosphere, sounds, organs, etc, yet the game doesn't even remotely play in real time. Obviously I personally came into this year thinking that elements like this were going to be a massive part of this franchise, only to find it all but non-existent.

Compare this to the status of other major sports titles, it is difficult to understand how far this edition has strayed from those kind of aspirations. Even racing titles are even allowing you to take formation laps, and hold 24 hr races leaving no stone unturned on the gameplay preferences of everyone that could pick up the title.

# 130 Nate99 @ 07/18/14 11:48 PM
I was wondering if they plan on fixing the cpu lineups when starting a franshise with a fantasy draft. A lot of cpu controlled teams have a 1 to 2 person bench for the whole season. This bug has been there since last year. The only thing that fixes it is simulating one year but I don't really want to. I like to start playing with the team I built in the first year.

# 131 CujoMatty @ 07/19/14 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
When you have some people with the issue and some without then its not that easy of a fix. Im not saying its not an issue. Just trying to say it doesnt happen every time. When i was trying to get the video of it not happening i actually had it happen on an out.
For me not every time but easily 95 percent of the time he slides into second.

# 132 BrandH @ 07/19/14 01:11 AM
Just experienced a soft freeze on PS3 after a balk. So I guess that isn't really fixed.

# 133 Clarityman @ 07/19/14 04:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
Re. the baserunning problems:

Probably a daft question but if you are using pure analog, you have made sure that you have set the sliding decisions to on??
Actually I do use pure analog for hitting. Maybe this is part of the problem?

I'm tempted to say if some are experiencing the problem and others aren't, the glitch might be somehow tied to batting preference,

Anyway, yes, I use analog hitting, and the Sliding Decisions setting is on default Auto. Should I be switching it to On? Would that alleviate the problem? The description says "When ON, the CPU will automatically slide for the user's runner"... seems like that would just make things worse.

# 134 AnEternalEnigma @ 07/19/14 05:20 AM
Online alphabetic vault sorting is still broken. Color me not surprised in the slightest.

# 135 Dude731 @ 07/19/14 05:41 AM
Yeah, andrelton simmons face is still an abortion. No change was made.

# 136 Mrmagoo @ 07/19/14 05:45 AM
Smh..... Sadly not close to a day one purchase anymore, may just take a break from this series to see how things might pan out.

# 137 LastActionHero @ 07/19/14 08:40 AM
Great:
Custom camera fix
Analog throwing sensitivity adjusted
Organ music playing
Catcher sign hand doesn't morph through his gear anymore----scratch that it still happens.

Not so great:
When taking a stride and letting the ball pass the batter still goes in some sort of double stride re-take sometimes
Still no stamina/confidence bar in the quick menu or select menu
Chalk not degrading during the game
Graphic that comes out of the scorebar now and then still blocks the analog pitching meter

# 138 unBEARable @ 07/19/14 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuinta1
Can't believe the lighting wasn't fixed. It's dark out there in Pittsburgh. Geez!
Same with Wrigley and a few others. It's a shame as it really makes night/floodlight games look not to great and one of the selling points this year was the stadiums.

I also noticed the bug report regarding stadium lighting is longer appearing. It was #12288.

If you put http://theshownation.com/bug_reports/12288 it just takes you to the home page. Strange.

# 139 Pandetta @ 07/19/14 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
The CE-34878-0 blue screen of death is not specific to the Show. It's a PS4-wide issue that appears on a number of games, so a Show patch ain't gonna fix it unfortunately. It would have to come in a PS4 system update, but I'm not sure when--people have been getting this since PS4 launched last year.
Thank you. I was somewhat aware of this as a PS4-wide issue, however seeing specific menus causing problems, I was hoping against hope.

# 140 swanton @ 07/19/14 12:44 PM
Has anyone had the problem with the fielder running in the opposite direction of where you want him to go? It made me lose a no hitter yesterday and I'm upset that this wasn't fixed.

Also the laggy frame rate that happens sometimes.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.