Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports is hosting a livestream of Madden NFL 15 with Creative Director Rex Dickson, as he goes over gameplay features.

If it gets archived or captured, we'll update this post for those of you that miss it. If the embedded stream doesn't work, click here.

UPDATE: Here is a link to the livestream, if you missed it.

UPDATE #2: Just updated the embedded video of the livestream, courtesy of SimFBallCritic. Thanks JP.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Danimal @ 07/18/14 05:13 PM
I have to admit, This is impressive so far.

# 22 m1ke_nyc @ 07/18/14 05:13 PM
Have to say im liking this.

# 23 jpdavis82 @ 07/18/14 05:14 PM
Do you guys see what I'm talking about with how Rex goes so far in depth about football terminology? I may be wrong but I don't remember other devs in the past talking the way he does in football terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 24 TTD71 @ 07/18/14 05:14 PM
These guys really seem to be talking alot about what's ruined online and H2H play...that's exciting for me to hear...along with the pass rush, hot reads, defensive adjustments...definitely like what I'm hearing, though the offline guys are probably not going to like it as much...

Disguised D now on the stream I am watching...that should add a lot of variablility to playing D...sounds nice

# 25 wordtobigbird @ 07/18/14 05:15 PM
"How much time you have in Madden should be how much time you have in the NFL"

"I suggest you understand the concept of a hot read"

Another big issue for me in M25 was that OP pass blocking. Could literally stand in the pocket for 10+ seconds on a regulard basis. NFL average is under 3. Now let's see if they really force people to start making pre-snap reads. Even a weak pass rush will get the the QB in under 5 seconds in most situations.

# 26 Machima_Hunter @ 07/18/14 05:15 PM
I'm loving what I've seen so far. The tools on defense is exciting.

# 27 wordtobigbird @ 07/18/14 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTD71
These guys really seem to be talking alot about what's ruined online and H2H play...that's exciting for me to hear...along with the pass rush, hot reads, defensive adjustments...definitely like what I'm hearing, though the offline guys are probably not going to like it as much...

Disguised D now on the stream I am watching...that should add a lot of variablility to playing D...sounds nice
Yo they are really going feature to feature on things they've added to stop unrealistic H2H play. I've got to say that is a pretty huge based on all the debates we've had here about who they are really catering to with Madden.

For example, putting QB contain to one button is great for me. I use to have to switch to both ends and manually hot route them to contain to stop over scrambling users and if he snapped the ball quickly I was screwed. One of the major headaches to playing online solved simply.

# 28 zmonkey @ 07/18/14 05:19 PM
Every time they try to show a "great defensive improvement" the offense ends up winning the play. At least we know they aren't choreographing anything.

# 29 wordtobigbird @ 07/18/14 05:21 PM
He's describing how they compared NFL stats to gameplay to balance it.

Soooo you're doing what many of us have been doing in the slider forum here for how many years? Wasn't so hard was it guys? Seriously.

# 30 Senator Palmer @ 07/18/14 05:22 PM
So, every skill level has been tuned individually instead of just tuning everything on All-Pro.

My anticipation for the demo has gone up. I don't know how everything is going to eventually play out, but I like the approach they are taking so far with some of this stuff.

# 31 LBzrule @ 07/18/14 05:23 PM
I don't know how this game is going to turn out, BUT, I like what I've HEARD with some of these features. I might prefer some things being another way, but at least it's in the game. For instance, I'd prefer the coverage disguises to be on the fly and not an actual play you call, but, at least show 4 cover 2 is in the game so a person can work around with stuff. Blitz bluff seems to be pretty cool.

# 32 TTD71 @ 07/18/14 05:23 PM
LOVED THAT too many hot routes = penalties....THANK YOU...

The replay value of that play mechanic - try to jump versus avoid procedure calls...awesome

# 33 m1ke_nyc @ 07/18/14 05:25 PM
Nice double hit tackle on the return there.

# 34 wordtobigbird @ 07/18/14 05:26 PM
They ran one deep route and both WRs were yellow fatigue on the next play. I wonder if autosubs/fatigue have been tweaked or improved.

# 35 zmonkey @ 07/18/14 05:27 PM
I have to say I'm fairly impressed with the pre and post play presentation stuff.

# 36 wordtobigbird @ 07/18/14 05:29 PM
"I wouldn't call it a gang tackle but a 3 man tackle. We still have a lot of work to do with the gang tackling". Looked good to see 3 man collision, 3 defenders and ball carrier too to be specific.

# 37 mestevo @ 07/18/14 05:29 PM
Sounds like this will be fun to watch later when I'm not in training :-p

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 38 juduking @ 07/18/14 05:31 PM
Offensive receivers can bat the ball down? I'm really looking forward to this years game more and more

# 39 wordtobigbird @ 07/18/14 05:31 PM
Whoa whoa whoa they just said you can swat the ball away on offense. Something we were discussing in the player sense 2.0 thread. Something I would've definitely assumed wasn't in this years game.

"I didn't want the offensive user to feel completely helpless when the ball was going to the defender. Click to WR, hold R1 and WR will swat the ball down."

# 40 Machima_Hunter @ 07/18/14 05:31 PM
It's good to seen that the jump the snap feature doesn't guarantee you blow by the linemen to the qb.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.