Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has released another Madden NFL 15 War in the Trenches 2.0 blog, which includes some new screenshots. If you missed out on the War in the Trenches 2.0 video and first blog on the subject, click here.

Quote:
Pass rush moves are contextual, and the game automatically chooses the pass rush animation based on the player and what move is best suited to the situation. Madden NFL 15 features hundreds of new pass rush animations. If the move exists in the NFL, you will see it in the game.

The moves range from rips, swims, push pulls, bull rushes, speed rushes, counter moves, clubs to everything in between. You can also steer a blocker using the left stick to hold gaps, clog up running lanes and get opposing linemen off balance to set them up for a move.

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jpdavis82 @ 07/21/14 02:14 PM
Beat me to it😜

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 2 munky1307 @ 07/21/14 02:25 PM
I've been critical/skeptical in the past but it really seems like this team "gets it". They are shoring up past issues and really building a foundation that is leading more to the sim side. Sure there are issues with player movement and tackle animations but its a lot of steps in the right direction.

I'm just hoping they fixed formation subs....

# 3 DeuceDouglas @ 07/21/14 02:32 PM
I'm wondering how some of these guys are getting so dirty playing on field turf. Not complaining because it still looks good, just a little odd.

They keep talking about how the jump snap mechanic makes the fake snap viable but I only see that being true if it's user v. user and the person you're playing is using a rusher. Hopefully, the CPU will start to clue in if you don't use the fake snap and start getting off the snap perfectly every time so that it forces you to use it. And if false starts are still tied to the fake snap then you could just not use fake snap and never get called for them. Not overly worried about it and we shall see soon.

# 4 therizing02 @ 07/21/14 02:35 PM
Hellllllll.......YES! Loved seeing Brees step up in the pocket. Jacked for the game to come out.

# 5 The JareBear @ 07/21/14 02:39 PM
The pocket forming, which was supposed to be in M25, seems to actually be happening in M15. Like seeing that.

# 6 oneamongthefence @ 07/21/14 02:42 PM
All these new features sound great and I'm excited. But I feel like they should say right out what features made it into last gen. Hopefully they'll have a blog about it soon. I would rather be bummed now rather than later lol.

# 7 Aggies7 @ 07/21/14 02:51 PM
I have yet to see a bad blog this year However I don't think I have seen one in the past years either and it been bad when released. So I will stay cautiously optimistic.

A good blog though. Just hope it lives up to what they are saying.

# 8 The JareBear @ 07/21/14 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Sounds spectacular like usual, just worried about a few things. For instance, what if I do not wish to user the D line, but I have a team with 4 absolute studs up front. Will those stud pass rushers utilize these mechanics on their own to get pressure, or do I have to user them to see any of it? By not making the AI perform these moves renders my other 10 players nearly useless if they are not utilizing the same tools as I would. In the presentation, it was stated that we could depend on our AI controlled players to do their job, but does that include players on the D line or anyone playing at the line of scrimmage?
Great question and something I will be looking for in any future gameplay streams. I really want to use a team with a great front four in my offline CFM this year and I like to user the safety to I really hope the CPU (on BOTH sides of the ball) utilizes their pass-rush/d-line abilities to the fullest

# 9 Junior Moe @ 07/21/14 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by munky1307
I've been critical/skeptical in the past but it really seems like this team "gets it". They are shoring up past issues and really building a foundation that is leading more to the sim side. Sure there are issues with player movement and tackle animations but its a lot of steps in the right direction.

I'm just hoping they fixed formation subs....
My thoughts exactly. Madden hasn't been a steaming pile of poo, but it really hasn't been a good game for me the past few years. Just ok, good enough for me to get my NFL fix for a few months. I'm not expecting any miracles. But, Rex and his team have me optimistic about Madden, this year and beyond. As always, the end product will ultimately tell the story. But I respect (and will support) the effort by this team to fix Madden and hopefully deliver the NFL experience we have been craving in time. Good stuff the past few days!

# 10 roadman @ 07/21/14 03:26 PM
I'll say it again about this team of Rex, Clint and the rest of the gang, they seem to talk the talk.

That interview from November I asked if them if they will create a feature and take it out the next year and Rex stated, those days are gone.

Looks like they are holding to that at this time.

# 11 khaliib @ 07/21/14 04:04 PM
Will any info be released for folks still on Current Gen Consoles (vid's, any differences between current and Next Gen)?

Just curious as to how things will look/run on current Gen consoles.

Other than visuals, will the concepts presented in this and other Next Gen info releases be "Exactly" the same?

If not, what differences can we expect.

# 12 StefJoeHalt @ 07/21/14 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I just went back to watch a couple pass plays from the stream and I notice that while the Tackles do seem to dropping back deeper to form a better pocket, it doesn't seem to be effecting the drop back depth of the QB, forcing them to utilize or step up in that pocket. So my question is, considering what they stated about having "wide" dline calls have defenders attack the outside shoulder, shouldn't that theoretically apply on pass plays or be tuned to?

So when playing someone that has a habit of dropping back outside the of the pocket, not just rolling out of it, shouldn't that wide attack by the end rushers be made to easily get around blockers to make the sack and deter deep drop backs or no?

Big I been thinking this and saying it..but u wrote it much better then I have ever..my belief is there is NO explosion off the line by DE and OLB's..it's all one speed

# 13 MAGboyswifT27 @ 07/21/14 04:27 PM
Good blogs so far but I've seen these types of blogs in the past. I hope that all the moves listed will be in the game and not just a few of them.

# 14 StefJoeHalt @ 07/21/14 05:01 PM
So based on that info..you have to play DL to set edge..that is a let down

# 15 The JareBear @ 07/21/14 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
So based on that info..you have to play DL to set edge..that is a let down

Yeah, not to be all Doom and Gloom, but that is a little disappointing. That would add a lot to the immersion for me seeing CPU players set the edge like they should.

Oh well, maybe it will come in along with all-22 true step next year

# 16 MajorSupreme @ 07/21/14 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Yeah, not to be all Doom and Gloom, but that is a little disappointing. That would add a lot to the immersion for me seeing CPU players set the edge like they should.

"Next year." Man, I've never hated and loved two words more.
"Yay! Christmas and my birthday comes next year."
"EA didn't have ______________ this year, hopefully next year along with _________." Man that hurts.

# 17 mestevo @ 07/21/14 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Well that's odd, that's the main thing LBz, Bezo, etc have been harping on for forever, engaged player movement, so don't really see why CPU/AI "steering" would be left out. A User can only control 1 dlineman, so the other engaged defenders will be stuck in the usual patty cake?

Would be great to get further details on this, if possible, not to harp on it but to at least find out if adding this for CPU/AI is an immediate intention.
I think the missing piece is the line playing as a unit, rather than individual units dealing with the player in front of them. OL/DL play isn't a trench, it's a bunch of 1 vs n battles to get to the ball. Perhaps the next step is the defense better working together (only seen previously to my knowledge last year or the year before when they'd pass players to other defenders in zone coverage, even had an animation for it?) and the entire line playing more defined role in any given play, rather than an individual with the only options being cover another player, play contain (so really a little zone to the side and stare at the QB on a pass) or just go crush the QB - with some more tools for that last bit this year.

That make sense?

# 18 therizing02 @ 07/21/14 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear

Makes sense, but in the developer Twitch didn't they show a Saints DE set the edge to stop D Williams on a sweep, or was that a replay of a USER controlled action?

# 19 sarlndr @ 07/22/14 02:06 AM
I never knew uniforms could get so dirty playing on rubberized grass.

# 20 therizing02 @ 07/22/14 09:15 AM
Since we know the devs are "always reading", the next question will have to be whether or not the CPU takes advantage and uses all of the new pre-play adjustments, play calling, and lineman moves added to the game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.