Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports UFC patch version 1.02 is available now, which includes 3 new fighters (Takeya Mizugaki, TJ Dillashaw and Tyron Woodley) and quite a few fixes (as seen above).

EA Sports has also released a new trailer featuring the new fighters here.

Key Gameplay Updates:
  • Touch Gloves: Users will now have the ability to manually make their fighter touch gloves (or choose not to touch gloves) before beginning to fight by pressing L2 on PS4 or LB on Xbox One. This can be done at the start of every round, or anytime the ref stands the fighters up.
  • Finish the Fight: During a knockout, the attacking fighter can jump on their downed opponent and “finish the fight” by delivering extra strikes as the knockout occurs.
  • Sprawls: The defending fighter now sprawls when successfully defending against a power takedown.
  • Clinch Break from the Cage: Fighters now have the ability to break out of a clinch when pressed against the fence by pressing the L3 button.
  • Power Takedowns and Sweeps: Power takedowns and side control sweeps have been removed from fighters who would not normally have them.
  • Stamina: Stamina no longer regenerates if the user holds block. The user will also take a larger stamina penalty if hit while weak blocking.
  • Sweep Defense: The dominant fighter in the Full Guard position now has a larger window to reverse the Full Guard sweep to Mount.
Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Factzzz @ 07/22/14 04:05 PM
They also need to patch in walk outs for 3 round fights.

And fix some of the fighters attire, way too many plain ufc gear (I guess they need to add more brands, but even so, they should just put random brands on some fighters instead of nothing)

# 62 ManiacMatt1782 @ 07/22/14 04:37 PM
Spamming your league links is kinda frowned upon here, just giving you a heads up before the Mods end up paying attention to it.

# 63 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/22/14 04:39 PM
I didnt see it in the patch notes so assume its not in. Id like to see some small permanent stamina drain to guys who repeatedly attempt takedowns and are stuffed. Still run into guts now and then online who shoot like 10 or more a round. If im stuffing them all or most of them I should gain a stamina advantage imo.

# 64 aholbert32 @ 07/22/14 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
They also need to patch in walk outs for 3 round fights.

And fix some of the fighters attire, way too many plain ufc gear (I guess they need to add more brands, but even so, they should just put random brands on some fighters instead of nothing)
This. I was disappointed to see this wasnt touched at all. Fabricio Werdum wore a UFC tshirt as his walkout t-shirt his last fight. There is no reason why he should be wearing a plain black shirt. Same with Rousey.

# 65 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/22/14 05:21 PM
Is it a legal thing they wouldnt allow ppl the ability to edit fighters attire? Pretty sure you could do that in UFC 3

# 66 aholbert32 @ 07/22/14 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
Is it a legal thing they wouldnt allow ppl the ability to edit fighters attire? Pretty sure you could do that in UFC 3
Nah and if they say it is its bull****. The only reason I could see is some fighters have exclusive clothing deals. Its similar to NBA 2k where you cant give Lebron Reebok shoes. The problem with that in this game is pretty much every major fighter has a deal with one of these companies (Nike, Reebok, Tapout, Affliction, Torque, Jaco, Dethrone, Venum, Bad Boy, Fear the Fighter and Headrush). The only one of those that isnt in the game is Reebok. So there is no reason that 90 percent of the roster doesnt have accurate gear.

Now for the 10 percent who have sponsors not in the game like Hendricks or Barao, there is no reason why they cant give them UFC or EA Sports gear.

# 67 RyanLeaf16 @ 07/22/14 06:08 PM
Just got home from work and played on match. Woodley (me) vs MacDonald. It was a UD loss for me (29-28) on all cards. I personally thought I won. I scored 6 TDs and beat the hell out of Rory's face (covered in blood at the end of the fight), but, I think he may have scored the Win off of a Round 2 knockdown. Other than that though. I had him on the mat and just GnP the whole fight. WHICH I LOVED! I finally didn't feel like I needed to stand the whole fight. I was finally able to keep an opponent on the ground for extended periods of time.

I definitely noticed the change in stamina and I love it! The ground game seems to be better with regards to reversals as well. I also love the fact that you can not regenerate stamina if your blocking - makes striking and counter-striking much more tactical.

# 68 Swamp Swagger @ 07/22/14 06:13 PM
This maybe be just because I haven't played the updates version a ton yet but man is sure seems a lot more fun now. I got so sick of people just holding the block button and blocking nearly every single strike

# 69 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 07/22/14 06:53 PM
I have to say this is a pretty impressive patch. Now if they can just get the fighters to fight like their real life counterparts & add gameplay sliders then I might consider picking this game up.

# 70 Factzzz @ 07/22/14 07:00 PM
This is going to take some getting used to, before the patch i won 82 fights in a row online.

I moved to the red division (which is a great addition to online) and i went 8-2 and missed out on the red belt championship by one point.

It's easier to get off the ground now as well as escape clinch, which is why it's gonna take some getting used to for me because i'm so used to dominating on the ground and in the clinch.

# 71 aholbert32 @ 07/22/14 07:10 PM
AI Notes:

- Tooooooooo many superman punches thrown by the AI. Ive played three straight fights against Machida, Woodley and Barao and all three of them rely on the superman punch too much. You see a SP probably 2-3 times a fight TOPS. I'm seeing 3-5 a round.

- Seeing more lateral movement from the CPU but not enough. They seem to primarily move straight forward or straight back. Not enough circling.

# 72 azwethink @ 07/22/14 07:14 PM
the game online is too hard now, specialy against kick spammers

i hate this new stamina system

# 73 csamuelsvt @ 07/22/14 07:15 PM
any way to patch in more referees and improve buffers commentary show he shows more emotion at times during big fights?

Great patch so far! Glad to see animations etc can be added

# 74 aholbert32 @ 07/22/14 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwethink
the game online is too hard now, specialy against kick spammers

i hate this new stamina system
Why would it be to hard against kick spammers. The stamina system makes that ineffective.

# 75 Hiro1 @ 07/22/14 07:34 PM
Played about 7 fights with update online. I love, love love it. It almost feels like a totally different game. Strategies will definitely have to change. Getting into the 3rd round seeing both fighters with low stamina is so thrilling. (lol) It gets to a point where guys pick there shots more carefully. Ground game feels far more strategic than just a race f back in forth transitions.

# 76 Hiro1 @ 07/22/14 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Why would it be to hard against kick spammers. The stamina system makes that ineffective.
I was caught by a kick spammer, but it was totally my fault. I didn't dodge the 1st couple then gassed because I wasn't paying attention to my stamina.

# 77 azwethink @ 07/22/14 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
no, because kickers like Barao is too fast and the weak block consumes so much stamina, its impossible to defend and fight

# 78 aholbert32 @ 07/22/14 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azwethink
no, because kickers like Barao is too fast and the weak block consumes so much stamina, its impossible to defend and fight
Stop using weak blocks and use movement, sways and strong blocks to make them miss and gas out.

# 79 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/22/14 08:31 PM
Is stepping still a viable strategy to deal with spammers or are u being penalized stamina wise too?

# 80 tha_show256 @ 07/22/14 08:37 PM
Great work with the patch! That's the 1st thing...the next is i think the patch did a lot to add to the sim factor (at least for online, I can't speak to offline as I don't play that way). The only thing that really stands out to me now is, how quickly the ref stands you up!! WTF?!?!? It's ridiculous how fast the game stands you up, I was beating the hell out of guy and the ref stood us up!! This needs to be fixed ASAP! I mean it was pretty bad before, but now it just seems OVER THE TOP!! Otherwise, great job! Kudos to they guys at UFC ea!!, just get the stand up from the ground thing worked out.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.