Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports UFC patch version 1.02 is available now, which includes 3 new fighters (Takeya Mizugaki, TJ Dillashaw and Tyron Woodley) and quite a few fixes (as seen above).

EA Sports has also released a new trailer featuring the new fighters here.

Key Gameplay Updates:
  • Touch Gloves: Users will now have the ability to manually make their fighter touch gloves (or choose not to touch gloves) before beginning to fight by pressing L2 on PS4 or LB on Xbox One. This can be done at the start of every round, or anytime the ref stands the fighters up.
  • Finish the Fight: During a knockout, the attacking fighter can jump on their downed opponent and “finish the fight” by delivering extra strikes as the knockout occurs.
  • Sprawls: The defending fighter now sprawls when successfully defending against a power takedown.
  • Clinch Break from the Cage: Fighters now have the ability to break out of a clinch when pressed against the fence by pressing the L3 button.
  • Power Takedowns and Sweeps: Power takedowns and side control sweeps have been removed from fighters who would not normally have them.
  • Stamina: Stamina no longer regenerates if the user holds block. The user will also take a larger stamina penalty if hit while weak blocking.
  • Sweep Defense: The dominant fighter in the Full Guard position now has a larger window to reverse the Full Guard sweep to Mount.
Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 161 DaveDQ @ 07/25/14 12:01 AM
I don't understand how there can be such high tolerance for throwing special punches and kicks. I understand the reality of how a punch that misses takes more stamina than one that hits, but irrespective of that, if a guy throws spinning kicks over and over, he should be gassed and knocked out in no time.

While the patch shows the stamina bar draining, the game still favors high output punches and kicks with little immediate consequence.

# 162 Motown @ 07/25/14 08:32 AM
Is it me or is swelling non existent in this game? I see nice cuts & very little bruising...but swelling...ain't seein' it.

# 163 aholbert32 @ 07/25/14 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Is it me or is swelling non existent in this game? I see nice cuts & very little bruising...but swelling...ain't seein' it.

I'm not seeing that. Fought a 5 rounder with rousey last night and she had a swollen right eye with a mouse under it.

# 164 jeremym480 @ 07/25/14 09:06 AM
They need to add in hematoma's like these

Spoiler

Of course, they should be extremely rare, but it would be awesome to see every now and then.

# 165 mtoo22 @ 07/25/14 11:02 AM
I think it speaks volumes on the direction of the team working on this game that they not only have one but two devs here to pick our brains. Thanks for your hard work!

# 166 davidbix @ 07/25/14 03:25 PM
ThinkingOfRobots:

- The AI gets up from dominant positions way too much. Not that it should happen much at all, but it's especially noticeable with wrestlers and BJJ fighters.

- How conscious is the AI of something like the addition of the sprawl?

- Similarly, so it's easier to make suggestions, could you give us a better idea of how the "recorded human button presses" aspect of the AI works? Just how much can the AI adapt to fundamental changes in the gameplay? Do you record new human gameplay or am I misunderstanding the explanation of MMAI from the review guide?

# 167 Aintgottime4datShhhh @ 07/25/14 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
I don't understand how there can be such high tolerance for throwing special punches and kicks. I understand the reality of how a punch that misses takes more stamina than one that hits, but irrespective of that, if a guy throws spinning kicks over and over, he should be gassed and knocked out in no time.

While the patch shows the stamina bar draining, the game still favors high output punches and kicks with little immediate consequence.
Well said my thoughts exactly

# 168 fballturkey @ 07/26/14 12:06 PM
I actually thought cuts had been toned down after my first two post-patch fights but my third I and the other guy got opened up pretty good.

The stamina changes are really good. Honestly right now the only thing that is going to have to change for me to give the game an enthusiastic thumbs up is fighter AI. There are a few other non-gamebreaker things that will probably have to wait till the next game, but AI remains as the one big mark against it for now. Glad to hear it's on their radar though.

# 169 biatch0 @ 07/27/14 04:34 AM
Quote:
Fixed issues with framerate during gameplay.
Not sure about others, but for me, framerate (stuttering in particular) has become much worse during training (in career mode). It doesn't make things impossible, but it does get annoying - the stuttering strangely tends to happen when new instructions for combos appear on the screen, which sometimes causes the first set of button presses to be ignored. The game then picks up the second set of button presses, which gives you a red/fail for the combo set, and you need to start over. Getting a black belt/completing all the combos usually isn't an issue but then again I did just start a new career, so most of the combos are still fairly simple - I vaguely recall the conveniently timed "stutters" being quite annoying almost to the point of making you get a brown belt if they hit you a couple of times in a row towards the end of my last career.

EDIT: Just got to the "use movement and counter" training - the stuttering completely screws up this training.

Second thing I need to vent about is the career damage - How exactly is this calculated? As I've mentioned in another thread, I seem to end my career on 40 fights regardless of how I fight - defensive, or robot sock 'em style.

# 170 LingeringRegime @ 07/27/14 08:46 AM
I think ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTS TIME!!!!!!!! (Bruce Buffer Voice)

To add Anthony "Rumble" Johnson to this roster.

# 171 The JareBear @ 07/27/14 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biatch0
Not sure about others, but for me, framerate (stuttering in particular) has become much worse during training (in career mode). It doesn't make things impossible, but it does get annoying - the stuttering strangely tends to happen when new instructions for combos appear on the screen, which sometimes causes the first set of button presses to be ignored. The game then picks up the second set of button presses, which gives you a red/fail for the combo set, and you need to start over. Getting a black belt/completing all the combos usually isn't an issue but then again I did just start a new career, so most of the combos are still fairly simple - I vaguely recall the conveniently timed "stutters" being quite annoying almost to the point of making you get a brown belt if they hit you a couple of times in a row towards the end of my last career.

EDIT: Just got to the "use movement and counter" training - the stuttering completely screws up this training.
I'm glad someone else posted this. I've had this issue since day one and still after the patch. I thought it was just me and maybe something was wrong with my PS4/hard drive because I didn't see it mentioned anywhere else.

I get random "lag spikes," or I guess "slowdown/stuttering" is a better term for offline play. I can't tell if it is a framerate issue or if it is an issue with streaming information from the hard drive (juddering).

It happens a lot in career mode training, and occasionally in fights. Not all the time, but randomly like sometimes if the ref stands the fight up and right when we are about to go again it gets choppy for a second on two the goes away.

I'm really paranoid about having faulty hardware, it happened on my stock hard drive, on my hybrid drive, and on my current standard 1.5tb drive. Maybe my systems RAM is failing?

# 172 biatch0 @ 07/27/14 12:36 PM
I'm on the stock hard drive.

Weirdly, the frame rate stuttering/jerk/pause (insert whatever you want to call it here) is much, much worse during training... when it "should" be worse during an actual match since there's much more going on. I really doubt it's anything to do with loading anything off the drive/RAM unless the "images" for the combos you need to do are 5GB for each button.

Also, during the "movement and counter" training, there aren't any "press this button" prompts... so technically there shouldn't be ANY stuttering here.

I really have no idea what it is... maybe it's just the PS4 getting too hot? I'll take closer note the next time I play career (I think I'll take a break for now - just got through my 3rd for experimentation on the career damage and created a spreadsheet just for it) and try to find a relation between the stuttering and approximate PS4 temps (or rather time the PS4 has been on). I should mention that I live in a tropical climate - so I'm guessing the PS4 starts out hot and just goes to melting point after awhile.

# 173 DaveDQ @ 07/27/14 10:39 PM
I think there should be an added animation to where, if someone throws excessive modified hits and misses, they should put their hands on their knees, bend over and gasp for breath. Thereby making them susceptible to an open attack.

Also, and this is very similar to FNC, it seems like you get stuck in mud when you stun someone and try to finish them off. It's almost as if they can move faster being stunned than you can.

# 174 Mr. Miyagi @ 07/28/14 01:15 AM
Finally made it to red belt division. Honestly never thought I would. I usually go 5-5 in black belt. I've played over 300 matches so the patch is a win in my book.

# 175 Mr. Miyagi @ 07/28/14 01:36 AM
Just beat the 36th best in the world on ps4. What the hell is going on?

# 176 tha_show256 @ 07/28/14 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
Just beat the 36th best in the world on ps4. What the hell is going on?
Everyone takes a L every now and again...

# 177 sportsfan8812 @ 07/29/14 01:22 AM
Devs,

This is a little bit off topic and I understand that you can't say much which I totally respect but I just wanted to ask a more broad question. Hopefully you will be able to answer...

Is it possible to patch in new game modes? And if so, what is the likelihood of something like that to happen?

It's obviously wishful thinking but I would love to see an event mode make it into the game at some point.

# 178 aholbert32 @ 07/29/14 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan8812
Devs,

This is a little bit off topic and I understand that you can't say much which I totally respect but I just wanted to ask a more broad question. Hopefully you will be able to answer...

Is it possible to patch in new game modes? And if so, what is the likelihood of something like that to happen?

It's obviously wishful thinking but I would love to see an event mode make it into the game at some point.
They cant discuss future modes or anything outside of Gameplay or AI.

# 179 sportsfan8812 @ 07/29/14 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
They cant discuss future modes or anything outside of Gameplay or AI.
Yeah i'm not looking for a definitive answer. More just if such a thing is even possible.

# 180 ThinkingOfRobots @ 07/29/14 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbix
ThinkingOfRobots:
- The AI gets up from dominant positions way too much. Not that it should happen much at all, but it's especially noticeable with wrestlers and BJJ fighters.
I'm looking into keeping the guys that want to be on the ground, to work to a dominant position and stay there.

Quote:
- How conscious is the AI of something like the addition of the sprawl?
For each new feature like touch gloves & sprawl we need to add logic for the AI. There wasn't too much required wrt the sprawl in particular; the decision to do a power take down which has a bigger stamina and health hit vs risking getting caught in the sprawl.

Quote:
- Similarly, so it's easier to make suggestions, could you give us a better idea of how the "recorded human button presses" aspect of the AI works? Just how much can the AI adapt to fundamental changes in the gameplay? Do you record new human gameplay or am I misunderstanding the explanation of MMAI from the review guide?
The recorded human button presses are part of a system called Real AI (started out as an acronym R.E.A.L. and changed over the years). Essentially, while the designers are playing, the game is recording them. The situation in which a certain combo or set of actions happens is also recorded. When the AI sees a similar situation, it can play back that same combo. Different fighters get different sets of combos. The 'situation' as I mentioned is one component of how the AI can adapt over the course of the fight.

Say a certain recorded sequence has a parry, followed by two strikes. If the parry is successful, and the two strikes land, then that was a good combo, and might make sense to try again. If on the other hand, the parry missed, or both strikes whiffed, then maybe that was not as good an idea. The game is shipped with a large set of these what we call sequences, but we also have the ability to add new ones through patching. There are several other adaptation components at work, but hopefully this answers your question assuming it's in relation to the button presses. There are also a bunch of systems that work in parallel with Real AI...the Real AI component gives a more human look to the actions.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.