Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released the top 5 quarterbacks for Madden NFL 15.
  • #1 Peyton Manning - 98 Overall
  • #2 Aaron Rodgers - 98 Overall
  • #3 Drew Brees - 96 Overall
  • #4 Russell Wilson - 93 Overall
  • #5 Tom Brady - 93 Overall
Here is a look at the release date schedule for the remaining ratings.
  • Mon, July 21 – Top 10 Overall Rookies (Released)
  • Tues, July 22 – Top 5 Overall QBs (Released)
  • Wed, July 23 – Top 5 Overall RBs
  • Thurs, July 24 – Top 5 Overall WRs/Top 5 Overall TEs
  • Fri, July 25 – Top 5 Overall OL Players
  • Sat, July 26 – Top 5 Overall DEs
  • Sun, July 27 – Top 5 Overall DTs
  • Mon, July 28 – Top 5 Overall LBs
  • Tues, July 29 – Top 5 Overall CBs
  • Wed, July 30 – Top 5 Overall Safeties
  • Thurs, July 31 – Top 5 Overall Special Teams
  • Fri, Aug 1 – Top 10 Overall Players/Full AFC & NFC North Ratings
  • Sat, Aug 2 – Full AFC & NFC South Ratings
  • Sun, Aug 3 – Full AFC & NFC East Ratings
  • Mon, Aug 4 – Full AFC & NFC West Ratings
  • Tues, Aug 5 – Ratings Recap

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 mrprice33 @ 07/22/14 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsurocksrule
I find it hilarious about the fans arguing against Wilson's rating. Most of you are fans against the teams that got beat and that could've/should've beaten the Seahawks.

"I can't believe Wilson's rating"
"Wilson won because of the team"
"Wilson's a terrible QB"

Well of course Seahawks haters will say that when Seattle wins. If you don't like his rating just change it when the game is released. I realize that as a Hawks fan myself people will think I'm biased but please, settle down. Some of your complaints are just... stupid.

Just my opinion. /end rant.

# 62 leathrneck34 @ 07/22/14 04:01 PM
They are all too muscular. I mean look at Peyton Manning his arms are freaking huge and we all know he aint that big in RL. Russell Wilson while being to dark and being the popular kid in school this year ratings wise looks the best.

And as far as ratings go.. After what 20 something years using rating they need to find a new way to decide how to recreate how good a player is without rating them.

# 63 MajorSupreme @ 07/22/14 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
He's not rated as an 83, though. He's a 93. It's an elite rating. It's 4th best among QBs. Could you argue for him ahead of Manning, Rodgers, or Brees?

You'd have the best argument to put him ahead of Brees, who's gotten sloppy with the ball the past couple of years, but he seems to be rated about where he should be, no?
Overall aside, yes ,his 99 awareness is well welcomed.

# 64 4thQtrStre5S @ 07/22/14 04:03 PM
Tom Brady is the product of the system he is in,,,Nothing more...Bilichick (sp?) is the key to the success, I hate to say, cause I can't stand him....Put Brady on any team Matt Casell ended up on and watch Brady fold just as Cassell did...

# 65 Bootzilla @ 07/22/14 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
For sure.

I think the way I look at it is this: the overall rating is the sum total of all of the player's capabilities. Even if we allow that Brady is the better passer than Wilson (which is almost impossible to say at this stage of his career, considering their respective workloads), Wilson is obviously the better athlete to such a ridiculous degree that it may make up for the difference. I think we'd agree that, at most, Brady is 1.5x as good of a passer as Wilson. He's definitely not twice as good, but probably better, right? How much better of an athlete is Wilson? 3x? 4x? The balancing out is pretty fair, then, when you consider what the rating represents.
I agree with this. It's kind of like the "Styles make fights" argument. Kaepernick and Wilson aren't better quarterbacks than Manning or Brady. However, against the Seahawks Kaepernick is better than Manning because of his athleticism and ability to match up physically to the Seahawks. Who was better? Manning in the Superbowl or Kaepernick in the NFC championship game vs the Seahawks? And no I'm not speaking of pure stats. I'm speaking of effectiveness, i.e. a tipped pass away from winning vs getting blown out.

Same can be said for Wilson. He was better against the Broncos in the Superbowl than Brady was vs the Broncos in the AFC championship game. Why? Because when Brady got pressured he was rendered pretty much helpless because he can't move. When Wilson got pressured vs the Broncos he escaped the pocket, bought a little extra time and converted several crucial 3rd downs.

# 66 MajorSupreme @ 07/22/14 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Tom Brady is the product of the system he is in,,,Nothing more...Bilichick (sp?) is the key to the success, I hate to say, cause I can't stand him....Put Brady on any team Matt Casell ended up on and watch Brady fold just as Cassell did...
I was waiting for this post. Surprised it came so late. Let's keep this on ratings, it's not a Brady-***** vs Brady-Defender thread.

EDIT: Tater (with an H) is a blocked word?

# 67 charter04 @ 07/22/14 04:05 PM
So his last 8 games in the regular season he was

209-321 65% 2519 yards 7.8 ypa 16 tds 5 int Rating of 99.1(I use a rating calculator http://www.primecomputing.com/

Once the young receivers started figuring things out he looked like the old Brady.

# 68 Indyboy180 @ 07/22/14 04:06 PM
WILSON IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS TOM BRADY

*double take*

WHAT?

# 69 charter04 @ 07/22/14 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsurocksrule
I find it hilarious about the fans arguing against Wilson's rating. Most of you are fans against the teams that got beat and that could've/should've beaten the Seahawks.

"I can't believe Wilson's rating"
"Wilson won because of the team"
"Wilson's a terrible QB"

Well of course Seahawks haters will say that when Seattle wins. If you don't like his rating just change it when the game is released. I realize that as a Hawks fan myself people will think I'm biased but please, settle down. Some of your complaints are just... stupid.

Just my opinion. /end rant.
So many SMH things in one comment. I love "If you criticize my team your a *****" guy. Plus calling things we say "Stupid"

Sounds like your more a Seattle homer than anyone being a *****. LOL

I didn't realize (H ater) was a blocked word. LOL

# 70 4thQtrStre5S @ 07/22/14 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I was waiting for this post. Surprised it came so late. Let's keep this on ratings, it's not a Brady-***** vs Brady-Defender thread.

EDIT: Tater (with an H) is a blocked word?
OKay, Brady's ratings are way over inflated....He lost to Eli Manning in not one, but 2 Super Bowls...

# 71 charter04 @ 07/22/14 04:13 PM
Quote:
I couldn't disagree any more. Look as what all those other coaches that took the "system" with them did. Brady is the system. Bledsoe wouldn't and didn't do the same. Also it's funny how crazy his numbers got with Moss. Moss had two very bad years before he got with Brady. Of course any great player has the coaches and supporting cast to thank but, I can't believe anyone who watches or knows football could have the opinion you just posted. It's mind blowing really.

# 72 MajorSupreme @ 07/22/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
OKay, Brady's ratings are way over inflated....He lost to Eli Manning in not one, but 2 Super Bowls...
I'm gonna need warning on this guy, he's instigating arguments for no apparent reason, bringing up random statements that have no correlation to ratings of this season and is being just obscene.

# 73 charter04 @ 07/22/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
"He" lost? LOL didn't realize it was boxing or MMA

# 74 charter04 @ 07/22/14 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorSupreme
I'm gonna need warning on this guy, he's instigating arguments for no apparent reason, bringing up random statements that have no correlation to ratings of this season and is being just obscene.
Sorry for adding to it. Back to the Madden rating debate.

# 75 MajorSupreme @ 07/22/14 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Sorry for adding to it. Back to the Madden rating debate.
You're all good, you were kinda furthering my point lol.

# 76 mrprice33 @ 07/22/14 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
The only stat that really matters is .775 winning percentage! Brady wins games albeit: half the team being injured, no WRs and lots of drops, brand new cast of characters, fumbles, poor D, ect. We all saw what happens when you add a few weapons around Tom Brady in 07. Tired of hearing that Brady and Manning have fallen off or have taken a step back lol; how do you throw 55td passes, 5500yds if you have fallen off? Mannings throwing power is a bit low too at 86; how about 90.
If we were going by winning % then Russell Wilson's team won the most games last year, including the most important one. So obviously he's a 99 across the board, right?

# 77 Haze88 @ 07/22/14 04:53 PM
How Brady is ranked below Wilson is absurd. He should be easily Top 2. Looking at the trash he brought to the AFC Championship he is obviously better than Russell, Brees, and Rodgers who are surrounded by much superior talent and I wont get into Brady vs. Manning the head to head battles speak for themselves

# 78 hanzsomehanz @ 07/22/14 05:02 PM
Graded on QB Ability alone: Brady wins

Graded on OVR Ability: Wilson tightens the gaps w/ his athleticism

If QB Accuracy and AWR is weighed heavier this year as touted then hopefully Brady measures out better in arm performance.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 79 DeuceDouglas @ 07/22/14 05:05 PM
I wouldn't put Wilson anywhere near the top-5. You could probably take 20 different QB's and the Hawks would have still been virtually the same team. Take Brady or Manning of their respective teams and those teams go straight down the hole.

Looking at the QB's it's hard to find a pure fifth candidate given that Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees are the top four. You kind of get into that middle area with Stafford, Romo, Rivers, Ryan, etc. But I think looking at those guys you've got four top level, high-90's QB's in the first group and then more high-80's guys in the second group. I don't feel as if there is really anybody near the level of Brady, Manning, Rodgers, or Brees though and certainly not Russell Wilson. Sherman is a lock for 99 now and who knows how many more they'll have which is just a ridiculous thought.

# 80 MajorSupreme @ 07/22/14 05:19 PM
Was watching Skip and Stephen A. rant today about Jaws' rankings. Roethlisberger going 27 touchdowns to 0 interceptions in the red zone these past two seasons?! How is that not 5? Wilson shouldn't be in the top five, top ten maybe.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.