Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released the top 5 quarterbacks for Madden NFL 15.
  • #1 Peyton Manning - 98 Overall
  • #2 Aaron Rodgers - 98 Overall
  • #3 Drew Brees - 96 Overall
  • #4 Russell Wilson - 93 Overall
  • #5 Tom Brady - 93 Overall
Here is a look at the release date schedule for the remaining ratings.
  • Mon, July 21 – Top 10 Overall Rookies (Released)
  • Tues, July 22 – Top 5 Overall QBs (Released)
  • Wed, July 23 – Top 5 Overall RBs
  • Thurs, July 24 – Top 5 Overall WRs/Top 5 Overall TEs
  • Fri, July 25 – Top 5 Overall OL Players
  • Sat, July 26 – Top 5 Overall DEs
  • Sun, July 27 – Top 5 Overall DTs
  • Mon, July 28 – Top 5 Overall LBs
  • Tues, July 29 – Top 5 Overall CBs
  • Wed, July 30 – Top 5 Overall Safeties
  • Thurs, July 31 – Top 5 Overall Special Teams
  • Fri, Aug 1 – Top 10 Overall Players/Full AFC & NFC North Ratings
  • Sat, Aug 2 – Full AFC & NFC South Ratings
  • Sun, Aug 3 – Full AFC & NFC East Ratings
  • Mon, Aug 4 – Full AFC & NFC West Ratings
  • Tues, Aug 5 – Ratings Recap

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ggsimmonds @ 07/23/14 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven78
Flacco was a 93 after Baltimore won the SB.
I'm a Ravens fan so let me just get that out of the way.

The difference between the two is that Flacco was coming off one of the greatest postseason performances in NFL history.

Now we all know he was overrated at 93 anyway, but that at least provides some context.

# 142 jmurphy31 @ 07/23/14 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Wasn't Brady about a 95 In Madden after his second season as a starter? I think Wilson is a better athlete overall. He's just as accurate. The only thing he lacks is elite arm strength. I'm sure when Madden 03 came out people were complaining how it was a travesty he was higher rated than a Brett Favre. If Russel Wilson lights the league on fire with his arm, I can't help but imagine the rating czar telling everybody I told you so.
Brady was an 84 in the Madden after they won their first super bowl.

# 143 JaymeeAwesome @ 07/23/14 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
I see a lot of people underrating Foles...it's ok, everyone in the media does too.

Still has yet to prove himself. This will the year where he will either be talked about with some of the big names, or fall by the wayside like Schaub and Cassel.

# 144 m1ke_nyc @ 07/23/14 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Nowhere near? Well thats a stretch. Sure Brady is better than Wilson but if Brady is elite Wilson is very good.
You have P. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees then everybody else. Those guys are just way ahead of the pack. Wilson is very good, but can he carry a team offensively ? If he and Brady swap teams I could see the Seahawks still winning the superbowl however I see the Patriots taking a couple more losses in those games Brady just went out and won them. Wilson is very very good. But theres very good, then theres elite, and there are 4 elite QBs in the NFL. Even with that I still dont think Wilson is the 5th best QB. I'd have to see him carry more of the load on offense first.

# 145 JaymeeAwesome @ 07/23/14 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuss
Russell Wilson 407 ATT 63.1 3,357 26 TD 9 Int

Tom Brady 628 ATT 60.5 25 TD 11 INT

Talent is not always displayed by stats. Plus Wilson had an offense to work with. Brady makes his teammates play better, Wilson's teammates make Wilson play better. I would love to see if Wilson was given the Patriots offense, what he would have done with it.

# 146 rkwittem @ 07/23/14 08:11 PM
Russell Wilson...93 OVR? Got to be a mistake. Nice player, great team. Not a 93 ovr QB. Doesn't put up the production to warrant that kind of rating. Luck would have been a more deserving recipient of that kind of love, IMO.

# 147 Cavicchi @ 07/23/14 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
Talent is not always displayed by stats. Plus Wilson had an offense to work with. Brady makes his teammates play better, Wilson's teammates make Wilson play better. I would love to see if Wilson was given the Patriots offense, what he would have done with it.
Wilson has an offense? Please tell me the fantastic offense Wilson has aside from Lynch?

# 148 JaymeeAwesome @ 07/23/14 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavicchi
Wilson has an offense? Please tell me the fantastic offense Wilson has aside from Lynch?

First off, having an effective running game will help any QB. Second, I would take a WR group of Balwin, Rice, and Harvin in a heartbeat over the ever so injured and inexperienced Patriots receivers of last year.

# 149 BBallcoach @ 07/23/14 10:07 PM
Wilson tied with Brady? get out ea... Wilson is the epitome of a game manager. He's a great leader, he's not an elite QB.He should be an 87 ovl

# 150 The JareBear @ 07/23/14 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Wilson tied with Brady? get out ea... Wilson is the epitome of a game manager. He's a great leader, he's not an elite QB.He should be an 87 ovl
Agree with your rating, 87-89 is my range for Wilson.

Disagree with game manager.

He isn't Trent Dilfer. He can make elite throws. As far as his ability he reminds me of Drew Brees except with wheels. He has a strong arm and can put excellent touch on the ball. Not saying he produces like Drew Brees with wheels, just saying, the way he can throw the ball reminds me of Drew and on top of that he is very fast/quick.

Just my opinion of course.

# 151 underdog13 @ 07/23/14 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Remember Guys speed inflates the qb's OVR.
Brady has better passing attributes. Wilson is only tied because of his speed,agilty. With Brady speed I would say Wilson is an 87-88

# 152 TecmoZack @ 07/23/14 10:29 PM
Wilson is Waaaay to high at 93. He is very good and does not make many mistakes but I think an 84-86 sounds about right. IMO Big Ben, Rivers, Romo, Luck, and Cutler should all be in the 87-90 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 153 Hoops737 @ 07/23/14 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
Because the highest rating is 99. And no player in the NFL is perfect. Glad your not doing the ratings.
Is this serious about Manning?

Best player should get the best rating. 5-Time MVP says hello

# 154 stiffarmleft @ 07/24/14 12:39 AM
I know fantasy rankings don't account for intangibles, I'm not even sure what intangible ratings Madden has. Because it's mostly a numbers game, I thought I would just post a list of the top 15 fantasy quarterbacks from last year (CBS). It's as good an indicator of production as anything. Obviously Aaron Rodgers was hurt and would have been near the top. I'm not saying this is how they should be ranked in Madden but it's a starting point.

Peyton Manning
Drew Brees
Matthew Stafford
Philip Rivers
Andy Dalton
Cam Newton
Andrew Luck
Tony Romo
Ben Roethlisberger
Matt Ryan
Russell Wilson
Tom Brady
Colin Kaepernick
Nick Foles
Alex Smith

# 155 Bat @ 07/24/14 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
Funny thing is they said the same thing about Brady in his first few years. Awesome D, run the ball. Game manager.

Don't confuse what is asked of him because of the talent around him and what he is capable of.

# 156 HingleMcCringleberry @ 07/24/14 03:00 AM
I'm sorry but Wilson is no Brady... 2nd Year Brady on last year's Seahawks team could quite possibly have gone 18-1 or even 19-0.

I'd rank Wilson somewhere in the middle of the pack as far as starting QBs go. maybe in the 13-15 range. but ahead of Brady, Luck, Ben, Rivers, and others of that nature? not a chance.

And Brady should be top 3 at least.

# 157 Bat @ 07/24/14 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HingleMcCringleberry
I'm sorry but Wilson is no Brady... 2nd Year Brady on last year's Seahawks team could quite possibly have gone 18-1 or even 19-0.

I'd rank Wilson somewhere in the middle of the pack as far as starting QBs go. maybe in the 13-15 range. but ahead of Brady, Luck, Ben, Rivers, and others of that nature? not a chance.

And Brady should be top 3 at least.
Eye roll... Brady didn't throw over 4K till his 5th season. Wasn't much higher yards wise, and Td's are very similar, Wilson has a better ratio. More importantly since Brady started being the focus they haven't won a Superbowl. Brady is awesome, but don't over look Wilson.

Just for the record I would rate Wilson a 91. I'd rank him around the 5-6 overall qb, trending up. I think he will be Tom Brady 2.0. I have no Issue with Peyton, Brady, Brees, Luck being over him. The rest is a toss up IMO.

# 158 Cavicchi @ 07/24/14 12:30 PM
Quote:
First off, having an effective running game will help any QB. Second, I would take a WR group of Balwin, Rice, and Harvin in a heartbeat over the ever so injured and inexperienced Patriots receivers of last year.
So how many games did Rice and Harvin play last year during regular season?

# 159 vrtkolman @ 07/24/14 01:20 PM
Quote:
Rice barely played last year and Harvin only played in 1 regular season game. Golden Tate was Seattle's top WR last year which says a lot about the lack of receiving options Seattle had to work with. Wilson also didn't really have a receiving threat at tight end as Zach Miller is a blocker at this point of his career.

Brady is a better QB than Wilson yeah, but if Brady were on Seattle last year he would have been on IR after week 2. Seattle's offensive line was that bad and their receivers had a really hard time getting separation.

I think Wilson's rating is deserved. Wilson pulled a bunch of wins out of his *** by keeping plays alive with his legs. They played a lot of top 10 and even top 5 defenses last year and Wilson still managed to keep his rating above 100.

To the comment where he can't carry a team, that's a load of bull. He completed 75% of his passes and had over 300 yards passing against Carolina, had 230 yards and 3 TD's at Arizona, and in maybe the biggest regular season game of the year had over 300 yards and 3 TD's against New Orleans. All three of those teams were top 5 defenses last year (or right around there).

# 160 charter04 @ 07/24/14 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
I agree with this. It's kind of like the "Styles make fights" argument. Kaepernick and Wilson aren't better quarterbacks than Manning or Brady. However, against the Seahawks Kaepernick is better than Manning because of his athleticism and ability to match up physically to the Seahawks. Who was better? Manning in the Superbowl or Kaepernick in the NFC championship game vs the Seahawks? And no I'm not speaking of pure stats. I'm speaking of effectiveness, i.e. a tipped pass away from winning vs getting blown out.

Same can be said for Wilson. He was better against the Broncos in the Superbowl than Brady was vs the Broncos in the AFC championship game. Why? Because when Brady got pressured he was rendered pretty much helpless because he can't move. When Wilson got pressured vs the Broncos he escaped the pocket, bought a little extra time and converted several crucial 3rd downs.

I'm not sure if you can make those assessments based on how player A played agains a team versus how player B played against that same team. Every week is different. For example Romo had 506 yards and 5 TDs against that Denver D. That doesn't mean he's better than Brady. So much can change from game to game.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.