Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just revealed the top 5 running backs and fullbacks in Madden NFL 15. New screenshots can be seen here.

Top 5 Running Backs
  • Adrian Peterson - Overall 98
  • LeSean McCoy - Overall 97
  • Jamaal Charles - Overall 97
  • Matt Forte - Overall 95
  • Marshawn Lynch - Overall 95
Top 5 Fullbacks
  • John Kuhn - Overall 93
  • Mike Tolbert - Overall 92
  • Marcel Reese - Overall 92
  • Anthony Sherman - Overall 90
  • Jerome Felton - Overall 88
Here is a look at the release date schedule for the remaining ratings.
  • Mon, July 21 – Top 10 Overall Rookies (Released)
  • Tues, July 22 – Top 5 Overall QBs (Released)
  • Wed, July 23 – Top 5 Overall RBs (Released)
  • Thurs, July 24 – Top 5 Overall WRs/Top 5 Overall TEs
  • Fri, July 25 – Top 5 Overall OL Players
  • Sat, July 26 – Top 5 Overall DEs
  • Sun, July 27 – Top 5 Overall DTs
  • Mon, July 28 – Top 5 Overall LBs
  • Tues, July 29 – Top 5 Overall CBs
  • Wed, July 30 – Top 5 Overall Safeties
  • Thurs, July 31 – Top 5 Overall Special Teams
  • Fri, Aug 1 – Top 10 Overall Players/Full AFC & NFC North Ratings
  • Sat, Aug 2 – Full AFC & NFC South Ratings
  • Sun, Aug 3 – Full AFC & NFC East Ratings
  • Mon, Aug 4 – Full AFC & NFC West Ratings
  • Tues, Aug 5 – Ratings Recap

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 HingleMcCringleberry @ 07/24/14 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Tom Brady's was a top 5 QB his last 2 seasons (we can all agree that like AP he had a down year in 2013) but are you really going to say 2012 and 2011 he wasn't a top QB?

2012 - completions 5th, yds 4th, TD's - 4th, QBR - 6th
2011 - completions 3rd, yds 2nd, TD's 4th, QBR - 3rd

So again why did one bad year matter for Tom Brady but not for AP? I honestly don't care that much I edit everyone's ratings myself but the hypocrisy is hilarious from the "czar" sometimes.
The fact that he took the depleted Pats team to the AFC Championship/Super Bowl 3 Years in a row shows me that he is just as dominant as ever, if not more. Unfortunately, he's pretty much asked to carry that entire team by himself. But hey, it's easy to hate on Tom. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens with Russell when everyone jumps onto the next bandwagon.

And RBs are not put under nearly as much criticism as QBs. That's my guess as to why AP hasn't been dealt the same cards this time around. Either way, both are deserving of top spots.

# 82 Iceman87GT @ 07/24/14 01:07 PM
Quote:
Tom Brady's was a top 5 QB his last 2 seasons (we can all agree that like AP he had a down year in 2013) but are you really going to say 2012 and 2011 he wasn't a top QB?

So again why did one bad year matter for Tom Brady but not for AP? I honestly don't care that much I edit everyone's ratings myself but the hypocrisy is hilarious from the "czar" sometimes.
The fact that we know his rating means he is a top QB in the game.

Another big difference between APs down year and Brady's is that there were no RBs who stepped in and asserted themselves as the best RB, meanwhile Brady wasn't the best QB heading into last season. Manning further cemented his spot ahead of Brady, Rodgers had a fantastic year before and after his injury, Brees also stepped his game up.

# 83 Iceman87GT @ 07/24/14 01:19 PM
Quote:

Also:
2011 - at best 3rd best QB behind Rodgers (not debatable, one of the best seasons a QB has ever had), and Brees.
2012 - statistically the 4th best QB
2013 - not in the top 5 statistically or in the eye test.

Statistically 2013 was a anomaly in that there was a huge dropoff, but not because his level of okay dropped.

The numbers you provide make a case for him being in the top 5, which he is. So I don't see the need for the complaint.

# 84 Iceman87GT @ 07/24/14 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I believe it's how easily (quickly)you can run left,right with the left stick alone. Or something of that nature
Slipping tackles, ability to run laterally is affected by multiple ratings (speed, acceleration, agility: running laterally is no different than regular running, the tough part is changing direction). Elusiveness determines how elusive you're back is, ability to slip tackles, how difficult it is to wrap you up, etc.

# 85 Gagnon39 @ 07/24/14 03:06 PM
I see Madden is still going with the enormous and non-accurate stripes on the Bears jerseys. Sheesh, that looks awful.

# 86 Iceman87GT @ 07/24/14 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MossMan84
This is where the madden ratings really show their ugliness: John Kuhn is on par with Tom Brady too! If it wasnt bad enough that Wilson was on par with Brady now he is competing with FBs. Your rating shouldnt go by position and I dont think it does? If Brady is a 93 by Maddens ratings then Kuhn should be closer to 80 and Wilson closer to 85. The ratings are broken in the sense that when you turn up a certain ability for a position it inflates their overall too much! Like I imagine if you crank up run blocking for your FB it makes your overall go up more than it should and this happens with most positions. Just like if I turn my kickers kick power and accuracy up to 99s he is a 99! My kicker should not be a 99 and the best rated player on my team! Even if I have the best kicker in the league I would still only expect him to be 85ish. There could be exceptions if you had a kicker that was kicking 10 plus 65 yard FGs a season, carrying the team on his back kicking 4 or 5 FGs per game, hitting the game winner week in and week out! Then maybe we give him a 90 rating. Im not saying that any position is better than any other but the best players should be rated the highest regardless of position and a lot might go into determining that but what I have stated is irrefutable if common sense is involved.
Rating players by position makes perfect sense. Kickers are not expected to do anything but kick, if they can tackle that is a bonus but the hope is that you would never need them to tackle anyone. It makes no sense to rate a kicker with 99 Kick Power and Accuracy, as well as 99 Awareness as anything but a 99 OVR, if you line him up at any other position then his rating will drop fast.

The only way your proposal makes sense is if players were divided by role: OL, DL, LB, DB, etc. Even then you'd still like to see how much better they stack up at different positions so position ratings would still be needed. I feel that doing this would make things simpler in determining who is the better Offensive Lineman/Defensive Lineman, but would be useless in determining whether or not they would work at a certain position along the Offensive or Defensive line, DT are very different from DEs, OT are different from OG, which are significantly different from Centers. Basically you are arguing for a simplistic rating system that doesn't actually do anything to improve how players are evaluated. Football is full of specialized position which really limits the ability to rate players as though they are all equal.

I would be in favor of toning down ratings (i.e. FIFA), they had toned down players at the beginning of Ultimate Team this year and it really made you focus on your strategy (you had to consider chemistry because you couldn't just stack the OL and run on them, at least not at the beginning). But even in that situation a Kicker with 99 in the 3 categories that they have for measuring Kicking ability should be a 99 Overall.

# 87 Ueauvan @ 07/24/14 05:05 PM
surprised a Miller isnt there

# 88 Mauer4MVP @ 07/24/14 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packers4U
That Iverson or Wright play was with the team's entire season on the line? If Kuhn doesn't get that block on Peppers, Bears win division and make the playoffs.

Of course, this is simply one small sample of Kuhn's greatness at the fullback position. Key blocks at crucial moments.

KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHN!

Sorry, I guess I should have posted a video of David Tyree

# 89 DeuceDouglas @ 07/24/14 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Sorry, I guess I should have posted a video of David Tyree
Jump Rating: -7

# 90 Packers4U @ 07/24/14 06:33 PM
[quote=Mauer4MVP;2046417338]Sorry, I guess I should have posted a video of David Tyree

Yep, at least that would have been relevant.

Although no one ever considered Tyree one of the best at his position. He never caught more than 19 passes in a season...ever. He did make the Pro Bowl one year for special teams.

# 91 Birdman85 @ 07/24/14 11:03 PM
Forte has been overrated for so long now.

# 92 Sheba2011 @ 07/25/14 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HingleMcCringleberry
The fact that he took the depleted Pats team to the AFC Championship/Super Bowl 3 Years in a row shows me that he is just as dominant as ever, if not more. Unfortunately, he's pretty much asked to carry that entire team by himself. But hey, it's easy to hate on Tom. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happens with Russell when everyone jumps onto the next bandwagon.

And RBs are not put under nearly as much criticism as QBs. That's my guess as to why AP hasn't been dealt the same cards this time around. Either way, both are deserving of top spots.
Again I could really care less because I edit it every one down so 90+ players are few and far between. But the Brady/Patriots hate is always good for a laugh.

# 93 HingleMcCringleberry @ 07/25/14 08:35 AM
Quote:
Again I could really care less because I edit it every one down so 90+ players are few and far between. But the Brady/Patriots hate is always good for a laugh.
I do the exact same thing with the ratings. And I believe that in order for Madden to become the "simulation" game it claims itself to be, they should consider doing the exact same thing. They rate half the players in the league as if they are all-pros, which in turn makes a lot of players and teams feel exactly the same as one another. Not only that, but everyone in Madden is soooo fast. It's stuff like this that ruins the game for me. And I doubt that I am the only one who feels this way.

# 94 underdog13 @ 07/25/14 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman85
Forte has been overrated for so long now.

# 95 Demoncrom @ 07/25/14 09:49 PM
Forte finally getting his due. The man WAS the Bears offense since he first suited up with the team up until last year and even then with the emergence of a passing game he just missed 2000 all purpose yards. People saying he was a surprise obviously know NOTHING about football and surely never look at the stats Dude is just consistent and one of the last all around workhorse backs in the league. Run, Catch and Block , Matt does it all.

Now lets see those wideouts. If they look at the yds then Alshon Jeffery should be 6th in the league. If not then by Receptions Brandon Marshal is 5 and Alshon is 10 on the list. BEAR DOWN!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.