Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just revealed the top 5 wide receivers and tight ends in Madden NFL 15. New screenshots can be seen here.

Top 5 Wide Receivers
  • Calvin Johnson - Overall 99
  • Brandon Marshall - Overall 96
  • Andre Johnson - Overall 95
  • A. J. Green - Overall 95
  • Dez Bryant - Overall 94
Top 5 Tight Ends
  • Jimmy Graham - Overall 97
  • Rob Gronkowski - Overall 96
  • Vernon Davis - Overall 94
  • Jason Witten - Overall 93
  • Greg Olsen - Overall 88
Here is a look at the release date schedule for the remaining ratings.

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 The JareBear @ 07/25/14 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcd9583
It's an outrage that josh Gordon is not on the list especially after playing with weeden and Hoyer lmao and missing 2 games like c'mon man maybe he is ranked high but they not showing him because of the pending suspension.
This has to be the case.

# 62 friscob @ 07/25/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcd9583
It's an outrage that josh Gordon is not on the list especially after playing with weeden and Hoyer lmao and missing 2 games like c'mon man maybe he is ranked high but they not showing him because of the pending suspension.
I saw that hes rated 91 ovr. Maybe madden created a player discipline attribute for cfm this yr and thats bringing him down

# 63 BezO @ 07/25/14 12:23 PM
I'm cool with both list for the most part.

But do they not consider blocking for the TE's overalls? 97 for Graham with him being the worst blocker on the list? I'm all for him having the best receiving ratings, but he plays TE. Probably not a popular opinion, but I wouldn't mind seeing at least Gronk over him.

Seeing all these top 5 ratings reminds me how much they need to either chuck or redo overalls.

# 64 The JareBear @ 07/25/14 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

But do they not consider blocking for the TE's overalls? 97 for Graham with him being the worst blocker on the list? I'm all for him having the best receiving ratings, but he plays TE. Probably not a popular opinion, but I wouldn't mind seeing at least Gronk over him.

Seeing all these top 5 ratings reminds me how much they need to either chuck or redo overalls.
Yeah, for sure.

I think blocking is a factor, which is why Julius Thomas (the worst blocking TE I have seen in years) isn't on the list, probably.

# 65 Iceman87GT @ 07/25/14 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
Erm...the awkward moment when he has.

This is what I mean ago being understated. He has been an elite WR but people forget about him because he isn't a big name.
945 is less than 1000

# 66 ABR173rd @ 07/25/14 12:57 PM
Quote:

Grahams blocking has improved- don't forget he played the majority of last season with a torn plantar fascia. I believe Gronk is also used more as an actual blocker versus Graham. I don't really advocate one over the other but my perspective is Graham is a better overall WR than Gronk, Gronk is a better overall blocker.

As far as Josh Gordon goes I believe when players are suspended for the whole season Madden removes them from the game. Maybe I'm wrong on this but I don't believe Josh Gordon will even be in the game if he's suspended all season. Not that I agree with that.

# 67 Matt Diesel @ 07/25/14 01:32 PM
Free Josh Gordon

# 68 raiderphantom @ 07/25/14 01:59 PM
That's not a bad top 5 in my opinion. I'm curious though what 6-20 or so is though. Gordon was great but it was one year. There's a lot of factors involved. How much do you weigh stats vs impact vs surrounding talent vs longevity etc.

As long as Gordon is in the top 10 I think that's acceptable. There's a lot of good talent to squeeze in there though. I'm more interested about other positions. I remember ratings being solid the past couple years although I don't know if I really looked last year.

# 69 Iceman87GT @ 07/25/14 02:13 PM
Quote:

I think it should factor in more but the role of TEs has changed. Unlike FBs they are still part of the offenses without being asked to block.

I do feel like Madden puts too much weight on receiving, making blocking TEs lower rated even when used in a system that utilizes blocking TEs

# 70 BezO @ 07/25/14 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABR173rd
Grahams blocking has improved- don't forget he played the majority of last season with a torn plantar fascia. I believe Gronk is also used more as an actual blocker versus Graham. I don't really advocate one over the other but my perspective is Graham is a better overall WR than Gronk, Gronk is a better overall blocker.
Hard not to improve, but equally hard to tell. He's on the sidelines for most run plays. I think his back-up was in on more run plays then he was.

For my taste, stictly as a TE, I'd take Gronk. But this is why I don't see the need for overall ratings. What does it really mean? What formula are they using. How are individual ratings weighted? Until they explain this, I don't see how overall ratings are useful.

IMO, the beauty of comparing players is that they're all different. They all excel in different areas and none are perfect. Why try to quantify this other than to release top 5 lists?

# 71 BezO @ 07/25/14 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman87GT
I think it should factor in more but the role of TEs has changed. Unlike FBs they are still part of the offenses without being asked to block.

I do feel like Madden puts too much weight on receiving, making blocking TEs lower rated even when used in a system that utilizes blocking TEs
I agree that the role is changing. And it's been changing. From the 1st pass catching TEs to now, they are becoming more valuable in the passing game. But most TEs are still asked to block on a significant number of plays. From the looks of the overalls, yeah, blocking should be factored in more.

I'm still stuck on what the overall rating means. I think I remember a dev explaining that they're a quick & easy way for casual gamers to compare players. But I think it hurts as much as it helps. Is Graham a 97 on the Seahawks or 49er? Is he a 97 when his team is up by 7 with 2 minutes remaining?

# 72 Iceman87GT @ 07/25/14 08:42 PM
Quote:
I agree that the role is changing. And it's been changing. From the 1st pass catching TEs to now, they are becoming more valuable in the passing game. But most TEs are still asked to block on a significant number of plays. From the looks of the overalls, yeah, blocking should be factored in more.

I'm still stuck on what the overall rating means. I think I remember a dev explaining that they're a quick & easy way for casual gamers to compare players. But I think it hurts as much as it helps. Is Graham a 97 on the Seahawks or 49er? Is he a 97 when his team is up by 7 with 2 minutes remaining?
I would love to see a split of ratings: Receiving, Blocking, and Balanced all being categories for TEs. Graham would be a 97 receiving TE but a terrible blocking TE and an average balanced TE. This would be awful for ratings reveals such as this but excellent for devising strategy in the actual game. It would also be helpful in devising offenses, setting formations where you designate a specific type of TE as opposed to it being arranged by depth chart. I mean the poachers have had as many as 5 TEs on their roster because we have plays simply for blocking TEs (Finley being a receiving TE, Quarless being more balanced but more if a receiver, and everyone else being blockers). I know we kind have this already but it is based entirely on the players their still of okay which requires adjustment depending on the roster you use our if you were to trade a player or acquire one. This applies to roles across the board (Defense has even more specialization). Anyways that's my 2 cents, I don't want to get too far off topic.

# 73 Greenblood60 @ 07/25/14 09:04 PM
Dez should be number 2.

# 74 DrYCeLL @ 07/25/14 10:01 PM
Player A:

109 Rec, 1407 YD, 5 TD, 87.9 Y/G, 421 YAC

Player B:

92 Rec, 1430 YD, 14 TD, 89.4 Y/G 718 YAC

Which one is Andre Johnson, which one is Demaryius Thomas?

I mean yeah, Andre put up some numbers, but he is regressing. I think Madden overrates players that are about to hit a wall. Andre Johnson is 33 now, and if I simulate a couple seasons in Madden, he's still going to be a beastly old man. If they're so quick to put Russell Wilson at Brady's level, how is Andre Johnson able to hold a top 5 spot over the breaking out Demaryius Thomas?

Also, to those that say "Thomas is a Manning product", I invite you to watch the only truly beautiful Tim Tebow pass in existence, where DT takes it to the house to beat the Steelers in OT a few years back. Demaryius' career was slow out the gate due to an achilles issue, not because he's a Manning made receiver.

# 75 PacMan3000 @ 07/25/14 10:22 PM
If Donny didn't feel Josh Gordon deserved top 5 rankings, fine. But I would just like to hear why. I really hope a pending suspension isn't affecting how he gets ranked for his on field performance. If that's the case, then guys like Aldon Smith and Von Miller better take a hit, too.

# 76 DeuceDouglas @ 07/25/14 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
If Donny didn't feel Josh Gordon deserved top 5 rankings, fine. But I would just like to hear why. I really hope a pending suspension isn't affecting how he gets ranked for his on field performance. If that's the case, then guys like Aldon Smith and Von Miller better take a hit, too.
If I had to take a guess I would say he probably is rated top five in the game, he is just omitted because of the suspension stuff.

I really hope that he is in the game out of the box too.

# 77 evanreyes @ 07/26/14 03:03 AM
Josh Gordon should be number 2.

# 78 bg43 @ 07/27/14 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Still no Fitz though lol this man is bound to redeem hinself in the Madden ranks.

I would normally vote Hakeem Nicks and Reggie Wayne in as top ten talent too but I will wait and see how these two bounce back.

Jordy is underrated. DJax and AB are vertical threats and not much else so I do not consider them top pound for pound talent albeit they are the tops in their skillset.

Colston is a solid slot receiver but I would not put him in top ten either for same reason as Djax and AB.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk
Antonio Brown is a vertical threat but is known for and makes his highlights with his catch and run game, speed and agility. Therefor your wrong about him and he should have dez bryants #5 spot

# 79 BigBadTom @ 07/28/14 01:00 PM
Assuming that Gordon is off the list because of suspension because he is a significantly better receiver than Dez

# 80 YourHazard216 @ 07/28/14 01:52 PM
Why does EVERYONE seem to forget about Josh Gordon? He is EASILY in the top 5. I can tell his overall in Madden still will be to low. I would give him a 94-95

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.