Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Madden NFL 15 is available now for digital pre-order on the PlayStation 4. You will be able to pre-load on August 24th, so you can start playing the game on release date August 26th, at 12:01 AM EST.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 FBall Life @ 07/29/14 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Effort? Really? Quality or reviews don't matter? Quite the corner you've painted yourself into.
Corner? Huh? The argument I was making was that EA doesn't put as much effort into their games, as evidenced when you compare disc space against other sports games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Tiburon could easily fill the remaining free disc space of the 50GB Blu-Ray with NFL Films footage. The game would have a larger disc footprint than any game you listed then. Would this really be emblematic of more effort? I would say "absolutely not". By your argument however, it is. It's a nonsensical position.

More disc space filled is not emblematic of effort or quality.
Your point doesn't work here. NBA 2K14 and MLB The Show 14 aren't filled to the brim with video content. They're full of tons of animations, great commentary, textures, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Nope, you pretty clearly framed the argument as install size above all else.

And we're on the verge of derailing the thread early on, so I'm going to back out of this one now.
You're right, that is the crux of my point. They could have used all that extra space just sitting there and they didn't. More textures? More commentary recordings? More alternate jerseys? More crowd models? More...anything? Nah, we're good.

Other sports games utilized a lot more of that space at their disposal. Only the EA Sports games sit at under 20GBs.

# 22 CM Hooe @ 07/29/14 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBall Life
Your point doesn't work here. NBA 2K14 and MLB The Show 14 aren't filled to the brim with video content. They're full of tons of animations, great commentary, textures, etc.
And the smaller game, FIFA, still was seen better critically than either NBA 2K or The Show.

What we're left with is one of two things: either making great video games does not require great effort from the developer (because FIFA reviewed great and was a smaller game) or the size of a game doesn't have any bearing to the effort put into it and the quality of the final product. Drawing from my first hand experience working at an independent video game studio and making video games in clubs and on my own for the past decade or so, along with the fact that great games developed years which fit on megabyte cartridges are still great today by virtue of great game mechanics, I can tell you that the first of those two assertions is absolutely false.

# 23 brent3419 @ 07/29/14 06:48 PM
didnt people complain last year smh..back on the thread after reading this im weighing my options to go digital with madden or go with the physical so i dont want to wait

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 24 RyanLaFalce @ 07/29/14 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent3419
didnt people complain last year smh..back on the thread after reading this im weighing my options to go digital with madden or go with the physical so i dont want to wait

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk
People will complain no matter how good or bad anything is.

# 25 FBall Life @ 07/29/14 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
And the smaller game, FIFA, still was seen better critically than either NBA 2K or The Show.

What we're left with is one of two things: either making great video games does not require great effort from the developer (because FIFA reviewed great and was a smaller game) or the size of a game doesn't have any bearing to the effort put into it and the quality of the final product. Drawing from my first hand experience working at an independent video game studio and making video games in clubs and on my own for the past decade or so, along with the fact that great games developed years which fit on megabyte cartridges are still great today by virtue of great game mechanics, I can tell you that the first of those two assertions is absolutely false.
*sigh*
You are completely missing the point.

1) FIFA was already great on the previous generation of hardware. And I think it's clear that Madden and Fifa were both ports from last gen. Meaning Fifa is not only great, but now has that nice next gen sheen to it to boot. Fifa didn't have to add much to be great, because it already was great. We are NOT talking about quality here. Nothing of my posts on this thread has had anything to do with quality!

2) MY ENTIRE POINT IS THIS: EA Sports games are all under 20Gbs with plenty of room to add things that could really make the games better. Like I said before, more commentary, uniforms, animations, etc. The big non-EA Sports games are all almost double the size, managing to utilize all that extra room on the disc to give us as much content as possible.

Wouldn't you WANT to see EA use more of that disc space to give us more content? That's my point.

# 26 kongemeier @ 07/30/14 06:50 AM
Hmm, didn't see it on the EU PSN. Why do we have to to get everything later!? The big movies now have world wide premier dates. Time to do the same for us gamers!!

If we can pre-download I'll go digital for sure. Especially if the move it back to Aug. 26th instead og Aug. 28th which is the date it's set to release over here.

# 27 Skyboxer @ 07/30/14 07:48 AM
Really thinking about doing the digital route. I've always said I wouldn't for sports games but not having to run out at midnight is a plus.

# 28 Skyboxer @ 07/30/14 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
It actually makes the most sense for sports games since you play all year until the next iteration comes out. And by then, you're getting little to zilch for the trade anyways.
I always trade in with coupons/promotions etc.. Never gotten less than 20.00 for a past sports game.
Just knowing I would have Madden 16 and Madden 15 as a digital and I'd never play it again bothers me when I could have at least gotten 20.00 towards something else.
We'll see..

# 29 Jershy88 @ 07/30/14 09:16 AM
So what happens if I do day 1, and my ps4 takes a poop? Will it still be available for download? What if I fill my HD and delete it, can I download it again later? Thanks, I'm new to the digital copy thing.

# 30 Skyboxer @ 07/30/14 09:18 AM
Once you buy it, it's tied to your psn account so yes you can redownload it whenever you want.

# 31 Jershy88 @ 07/30/14 09:25 AM
Huh...probably not a bad way to go. Thanks guys!!

# 32 Glenn33 @ 07/30/14 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I always trade in with coupons/promotions etc.. Never gotten less than 20.00 for a past sports game.
Just knowing I would have Madden 16 and Madden 15 as a digital and I'd never play it again bothers me when I could have at least gotten 20.00 towards something else.
What he said...

# 33 Glenn33 @ 07/30/14 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
From the looks of it, ALL digital downloads not just games, are in your library. So you can download something and it'll go into your library for future use without charge. (At least this is what it LOOKS like). I'm not 100% confirmed on this.
I can tell you definitively - You are 100% correct. On the PS3 I downloaded/deleted/redownloaded games repeatedly.

On a side note - this is why I download EVERY free game you get on PSN each month. Even if it's not your cup of tea - once it's in your library you can delete it and come back to it if you have a change of heart. You may never come back to the game - but at least it's in your library so the option is there.

# 34 Mauer4MVP @ 07/30/14 10:24 AM
I trade most of my games in if I can get 20 bucks for it. I also like getting the hard copy, so I just can't bring myself to get the digital version.

# 35 greenegt @ 07/30/14 11:05 AM
Nice. I really want this functionality on XB1 as I plan to buy most games digitally, going forward.

# 36 Nerox23 @ 07/30/14 11:52 AM
Just bought it But Do we get to download it Eastern time even if im central? So that would be 11:01 my time.

# 37 slappymancuso @ 07/30/14 12:38 PM
So you can preload this game. I knew that Sony had supposedly enabled it, by own experience and a lot of Googling didn't yield anything like the official PSN store link posted here.

Now I have to decide if I want to cancel my Amazon preorder and go digital. It's pretty tempting. I am one of those people who likes to have a physical copy of my games, but I have been using Steam to preload PC stuff for a long time now.

# 38 Cowboy008 @ 07/30/14 12:43 PM
I have never done digital before and will probably be getting a physical copy of Madden 15.

# 39 RyanLaFalce @ 07/30/14 12:51 PM
Digital is so worth it. I've gone all digital since this gen began.

# 40 azdawgpound @ 07/30/14 12:57 PM
I may go digital.... not sure yet I useally keep my copys of games anyways just wouldn't have a disc is all for 15.

not to count if I got it I could still play tech on the 25th.... since im on west coast... it will be ready 9:01 pm since were 3 hr's behind everybody.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.