Home
EA Access News Post

EA has just announced EA Access, exclusive for Xbox One users.

Here are a few things that it will offer:
  • EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play.
  • Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store.
  • Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.
You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE. It is in beta right now, but should be rolling out for Xbox One users very soon.

Read the full press release below.

Announcing EA Access for Xbox One: The Best Way to Play EA’s Games

Today we’re revealing a new way for gamers to play more EA games. This is something we’ve never done before and we’re excited to share it with you.

We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

Awesome Value – Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*

Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

Excited to check it out? EA Access will launch on Xbox One soon. You will find more information on the program at the EA Access website. Be sure to follow EA Access on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Stay tuned!

*Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. See www.ea.com/eaaccess for details.

UPDATE: EA just added their FAQ.

UPDATE #2: Here is the official response from Sony.

Quote:
We don’t think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer."

Game: EA AccessHype Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 trey2k198003 @ 07/29/14 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
Exclusivity is so dumb in the gaming industry. It's nice that more games have things exclusive to ps4, but I'd rather everyone get everything at the same time.
WORLD dont work like that pimp xbox got get there money over pS4 this is the first time since i bought a PS4 that i have a lil bit wish i had a XB1 lol but im still not going to get one lol. and no matter how much game companies and developers say and we want them to do things for us the consumer bottom line is they gotta eat and they'll do stuff to where they can get MONEY!

# 22 SmashMan @ 07/29/14 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
True. BUT when it comes to Madden, X1 will get it first. That's the main point I was trying to convey.
Okay, but that still has nothing to do with the topic. This is just an EA/Microsoft deal.

---

As a PS4 owner, I say to this. Sounds like a nice deal, but I didn't get the Season Ticket last-gen and I probably wouldn't get this if given the opportunity, just because my gaming time has gone down lately and I wouldn't have the chance to take full advantage.

# 23 trey2k198003 @ 07/29/14 02:15 PM
FAIR IS A PLACE WHERE THEY JUDGE PIGS LADIES AND GENTS hahahaha good for microsoft lol ill wait till the 26th on my ps4 its all good lol

# 24 jbd345 @ 07/29/14 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Xbox/Microsoft coughing up a lot of money for this exclusive feature.
Doubt they'll break even, depending on how much they had to give up. But not sure how many people will go for this since it seems only sports titles are in the mix first. Now if battlefield was one of the early access titles then that would be a different story. This doesn't sound like a smart move IMO.

# 25 IrOnKoBe @ 07/29/14 02:16 PM
when is this going to be released i want this now !! glad i got both systems

# 26 jeremym480 @ 07/29/14 02:17 PM
So this is why the ended the Season Pass? Disappointing

And even as a big 360 guy this still not enough to make me want to buy a XB1.

# 27 SVCbearcat10 @ 07/29/14 02:19 PM
I'm not sure if this is really that good of a deal. For those who typically play sports game a year behind, this is great value. However, this is almost exactly like the Season Ticket they got rid of. With your paid subscription, you get new games early and discount on DLC. The difference is getting old games for free (that you could pick up very cheaply by the time they are added to the service). Battlefield 4 being on there is nice, but how long would it take Hardline to be added? Also, how long will some of these games be available? Will EA be constantly rolling over their catalog of games or once availabe, it's on there forever? There are so many questions that will ultimately determine if it's worth it or not.

Today it's games are valued at over $100 in the beta. When this service drops, you could easily pick up all those games on eBay for $30 total and have the ability to resell for a few bucks (or keep forever).

# 28 The JareBear @ 07/29/14 02:20 PM
Hasn't EA been "buddy buddy" with MS for awhile? I echo Aholbert, really glad I own both. Will game on my PS4 but will enjoy early access on my One for sure. This is definitely a nice notch on the belt for One users.

# 29 atc43 @ 07/29/14 02:20 PM
So..I pay $30 a year for access to old games and then get a $5 discount for new ones. And the purchases have to be digital which I cant resell or put towards another game? Yea no thanks not for me, but I see how it could be appealing for people who buy all digital and purchase a bunch of EA games yearly.

# 30 rkocjay @ 07/29/14 02:23 PM
i think it would come to ps4 if not thats ok i guess

# 31 Khanchus @ 07/29/14 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
so does this mean Madden on the 21st? I need to know what day to take off work. ha.
lol hahaha amen to that one!

# 32 friscob @ 07/29/14 02:28 PM
Wow, this is a no brainer. Besides the sports titles you'll have Battlefield, Battlefront, Mirrors Edge, Mass Effect, and so on.

And it's $5 a month or just $30 for the year. Absolute steal. Only thing better would be if it didn't have to be digital. If you could preorder, pay it off completely without the possibility of cancelling, and then download the full game for 5 days early access until you get your physical disc. That would be too good to be true

# 33 aholbert32 @ 07/29/14 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc43
So..I pay $30 a year for access to old games and then get a $5 discount for new ones. And the purchases have to be digital which I cant resell or put towards another game? Yea no thanks not for me, but I see how it could be appealing for people who buy all digital and purchase a bunch of EA games yearly.
You also get early access to new games.

# 34 jbd345 @ 07/29/14 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Wow, this is a no brainer. Besides the sports titles you'll have Battlefield, Battlefront, Mirrors Edge, Mass Effect, and so on.

And it's $5 a month or just $30 for the year. Absolute steal. Only thing better would be if it didn't have to be digital. If you could preorder, pay it off completely without the possibility of cancelling, and then download the full game for 5 days early access until you get your physical disc. That would be too good to be true
Didn't realize those titles were availible too. Hopfully psn will have something like this. At least season ticket was for both 360 and ps3

# 35 mestevo @ 07/29/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
Doubt they'll break even, depending on how much they had to give up. But not sure how many people will go for this since it seems only sports titles are in the mix first. Now if battlefield was one of the early access titles then that would be a different story. This doesn't sound like a smart move IMO.
More than just the sports titles, the new Dragon Age is included in early access.

With them breaking from the sports - themed program we could conceivably see every EA title available early at some point.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

# 36 Benz87 @ 07/29/14 02:44 PM
A little disappointing this isn't offered on the PS4, but then again, i'm sure Microsoft paid EA a ridiculous amount of money for exclusive rights to this.

# 37 TOmuch81 @ 07/29/14 02:48 PM
Per Major Nelson's blog, sounds like this may only be a timed preview, maybe only as much as 2 hours

http://majornelson.com/

# 38 LBzrule @ 07/29/14 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benz87
A little disappointing this isn't offered on the PS4, but then again, i'm sure Microsoft paid EA a ridiculous amount of money for exclusive rights to this.
They already have a long standing partnership with EA and the NFL so I'm not surprised with something like this.

Edit: Nevermind that last part. Just saw on Major Nelson it is Xbox Exclusive.

# 39 LBzrule @ 07/29/14 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOmuch81
Per Major Nelson's blog, sounds like this may only be a timed preview, maybe only as much as 2 hours

http://majornelson.com/
Knew it sounded too good. So really you get to play for 2 hours then have to wait until release day. Take that back. The Vault would be something good to look into. I want more than two hours though. I know it reads "at least" two hours but they need to set a number. They should give people five hours with the game. Five Days; Five Hours; Five Dollars. Come on MS and EA do that.

# 40 brandon27 @ 07/29/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
It sucks for those who only own a PS4. It's like throwing money away if you ask me. People with PS4's would buy this, why cut yourself off from that income source.
Well, I'm sure EA factored that "lost income" from PS4 users into whatever they charged MS for the apparently exclusivity of this.

That being said, I'm definitely going to do this. Not sure if I will do it for the $30 yearly, or just two months. Ideally I'd like to use it for Madden and NHL, but that's about it. The rest doesn't really appeal to me, but we shall see.

EDIT: If it's true it's only a 2 hour trial... then there's no way I'd be paying for that.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.