Home
EA Access News Post

EA has just announced EA Access, exclusive for Xbox One users.

Here are a few things that it will offer:
  • EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play.
  • Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store.
  • Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.
You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE. It is in beta right now, but should be rolling out for Xbox One users very soon.

Read the full press release below.

Announcing EA Access for Xbox One: The Best Way to Play EA’s Games

Today we’re revealing a new way for gamers to play more EA games. This is something we’ve never done before and we’re excited to share it with you.

We have partnered with Microsoft to deliver EA Access, an all-new monthly (or annual) membership for gamers exclusively on Xbox One that starts at just $4.99 a month. The service is being rolled out in beta to a limited number of players today, but it will launch for everyone on Xbox One soon. At EA, we are always looking for new ways to make it easier for gamers to play more EA games across all platforms, and we are excited about what EA Access will offer to players on Xbox One.

EA Access membership unlocks The Vault, a collection of EA’s biggest games on Xbox One ready for you to download and play. During the beta, gamers will have unlimited access to four great EA games: FIFA 14, Madden NFL 25, Peggle 2 and Battlefield 4™, with more titles being added soon. That’s over $100 worth of games for $4.99 a month. You can play these EA favorites as much as you want with the click of a button.

EA Access is a totally new way for you to play more of the games you love, for less. Here’s a rundown of the additional benefits EA Access members will get:

Awesome Value – Besides the great games in The Vault, EA Access members will save 10% on purchases of EA digital content for Xbox One offered through the Xbox Games Store. From full digital-download titles like the upcoming Dragon Age™ Inquisition or NHL®15, to additional membership services such as Battlefield 4 Premium or even FIFA Ultimate Team points, it’s all 10% off for members.*

Play First – Membership in EA Access lets you experience trials of new EA games up to five days before the release date.* It starts with Madden NFL 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, NBA LIVE 15, and Dragon Age: Inquisition, but more are on the way. If you decide to buy the game, your progress will carry over so you can pick up right where you left off.

You can join EA Access for just $4.99 per month, or you can purchase an annual membership for $29.99 per year on Xbox LIVE®.

Soon, fans of GameStop will be able to purchase their EA Access membership in local retail stores. GameStop and Amazon will also carry EA Access memberships for Xbox One gamers across Europe, as well as EB Games in Canada.

Excited to check it out? EA Access will launch on Xbox One soon. You will find more information on the program at the EA Access website. Be sure to follow EA Access on Facebook and Twitter as well.

Stay tuned!

*Conditions, limitations and exclusions apply. See www.ea.com/eaaccess for details.

UPDATE: EA just added their FAQ.

UPDATE #2: Here is the official response from Sony.

Quote:
We don’t think asking our fans to pay an additional $5 a month for this EA-specific program represents good value to the PlayStation gamer."

Game: EA AccessHype Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 461 kehlis @ 08/17/14 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion523
From what I've just read, the phrase "full game access for five straight days" pretty much answers it. On top of that Season Ticket was never, ever timed and I had it from day one. I just can't see EA attempting to pull a bait and switch on the gaming public just days before their biggest release season of the year, not only is that underhanded, it's bad business. I expect nothing less than full access to Madden 15 sometime on Thursday right on thru to Tuesday, that's my story and I'm sticking too it
Right, I agree with you.

But as I mentioned, full access for five straight days doesn't answer the question concretely.

Yes, it seems pretty clear but it would be easy for that to turn into you have two hours to allocate between any of those five days.

I think people are just concerned because this ea access which includes games that aren't just sports game's has already set the precedent of a two hour play time so it's vastly different than ea ticket ever was.

# 462 kiing 360 @ 08/17/14 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
And that to me is the problem mate
People, honestly cmon. Why in the world would there be a "time restriction" on the game. Who conjured up the theory that EA sports would for some reason put a timer on the game any shorter than the 5 day period that they already stated. Its silly to even think that. If you had any previois EA sports tickets in the past 3 years you would know that there is and was, no time constraints or restriction other than MUT with in the trial period of 3 days. EA access is an upgraded version of EA sports ticket. There will be no "Time limit" other than you have 5 days to play. Lol cmon

# 463 kehlis @ 08/17/14 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiing 360
People, honestly cmon. Why in the world would there be a "time restriction" on the game. Who conjured up the theory that EA sports would for some reason put a timer on the game any shorter than the 5 day period that they already stated.
EA did by announcing it as fact.

That's why some are questioning it and it has yet to be answered concretely.

Again, I agree that I believe it will be fully playable. What not just say it at this point?

# 464 kiing 360 @ 08/17/14 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
EA did by announcing it as fact.

That's why some are questioning it and it has yet to be answered concretely.

Again, I agree that I believe it will be fully playable. What not just say it at this point?
Yes, for other games, not for madden

# 465 kehlis @ 08/17/14 06:59 PM
Quote:
You asked why people are questioning it.

That's why, they've done it for other games and have said nothing one way or the other with regards to Madden.

# 466 mestevo @ 08/17/14 07:02 PM
Quote:
They actually have yet to be that specific.

# 467 StL_RamZ @ 08/17/14 08:54 PM
wonder if we can download M15 on Thursday at 12:01AM

# 468 IUxHOOSIERS @ 08/17/14 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StL_RamZ
wonder if we can download M15 on Thursday at 12:01AM
My guess it's going to be either that or Wednesday at 6pm EST.

Also, I wonder how the process of downloading the early release is going to work. It was easy to do last year and I've yet to see a menu where we are supposed to go once it's time.

# 469 Flightwhite24 @ 08/17/14 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
My guess it's going to be either that or Wednesday at 6pm EST.

Also, I wonder how the process of downloading the early release is going to work. It was easy to do last year and I've yet to see a menu where we are supposed to go once it's time.
I'm gonna say Wed @ 1pm

# 470 ChampIsHere42 @ 08/17/14 09:50 PM
Ok so it will be the complete game, and you dont have to reinstall it when you get your copy. No one knows if there is a time limit on it for the first 5 days? And say I pay $5 to get it early and go to get a copy Tuesday. When my month is over am i going to have to reinstall the game? Will i lose all of my saves, stats, and achievements?

# 471 Beardown @ 08/17/14 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
Ok so it will be the complete game, and you dont have to reinstall it when you get your copy. No one knows if there is a time limit on it for the first 5 days? And say I pay $5 to get it early and go to get a copy Tuesday. When my month is over am i going to have to reinstall the game? Will i lose all of my saves, stats, and achievements?
All your saves and stats will be there, you will not lose them.

# 472 kiing 360 @ 08/17/14 10:05 PM
Quote:
Ok so it will be the complete game, and you dont have to reinstall it when you get your copy. No one knows if there is a time limit on it for the first 5 days? And say I pay $5 to get it early and go to get a copy Tuesday. When my month is over am i going to have to re-install the game? Will i lose all of my saves, stats, and achievements?
No, once the 5 day trial has expired you will not loose any data, achievements or save game progress. Once you get the retail version all data will be transferred over.

# 473 cam780 @ 08/18/14 12:18 AM
Quote:
I could be wrong so do not hold me to this but if there isn't a reason for you to get a physical copy, you could download the digital version of Madden through the store and get the 10% discount that comes along with EA Access which would essentially make up the cost of the first month (and a little more) and you would not have to worry about it.

# 474 vagrantwade @ 08/18/14 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I could be wrong so do not hold me to this but if there isn't a reason for you to get a physical copy, you could download the digital version of Madden through the store and get the 10% discount that comes along with EA Access which would essentially make up the cost of the first month (and a little more) and you would not have to worry about it.
This is correct. You get ~$7 off depending on state taxes and only pay $5. EA gets you to buy a digital copy you can't trade in or sell to someone else losing them a sale. Win/win sort of.

# 475 Sigma4Life @ 08/18/14 02:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUxHOOSIERS
Again, if the 3 day Early Release last year came out on Friday, then I think it's safe to assume that the 5 day release this year will be out by Wednesday.
I hope you're right. That makes a lot of sense. It seems EA considered Friday as the download / install day, with Sat, Sun, Mon being the actual 3 days in advance. That way the customer can get a FULL 3 days of access, not 2.5 days after download.

The concern is that EA doesn't need to do that model anymore since the new consoles have better support for pre-loading. Maybe Madden will pre-load on Wednesday and be available to play Thursday at 12:01 AM EST.

# 476 Jet Sufferer @ 08/18/14 03:40 AM
I would imagine Madden has to be Wednesday night/Thursday morning because if it was Thursday daytime that would be technically less than 5 days right?

# 477 ChampIsHere42 @ 08/18/14 05:11 AM
For the people considering doing the EA Access, are you buying the digital download too? I might just pay $5 for the one month plus buy the game which should come out to about what I would pay at the store for the game, then when my month is up, purchase the yearly subscription for $30 and then i can get te game early again next year.

# 478 aceoye @ 08/18/14 05:33 AM
Xbox One does not preload right now. The first games to do that will be Forza Horizon 2 I believe.

# 479 Analyzer52 @ 08/18/14 07:32 AM
I have the EA early access but buying the game from Best Buy because it's a better deal. I have a $5 reward certificate and they give you an additional $10 certificate for the preorder. That's $15 off plus digital content. I will use the $10 certificate to get NBA 2K15.

# 480 orion523 @ 08/18/14 07:54 AM
Quote:
For the people considering doing the EA Access, are you buying the digital download too? I might just pay $5 for the one month plus buy the game which should come out to about what I would pay at the store for the game, then when my month is up, purchase the yearly subscription for $30 and then i can get te game early again next year.
I'm basically using the EA Access as a glorified demo, if I like Madden, I'll purchase it, but for PS4. Not sure if I'm going the digital or physical route though yet.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.