Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports is currently livestreaming Madden NFL 15, detailing the presentation and graphics. (Note: As of 3:30 PM EST, the stream has now ended. We'll effort an archived version soon!)

UPDATE: Click here to watch the archived stream. (It takes some time to load...)

Here are some thoughts on the stream today:
  • The halftime show is definitely improved and of good quality. The problem will be most will find it perfectly skippable, but there aren't any real cases where a halftime show is must-see TV, even in real-life. It's sponsored by Verizon, so there's that.
  • Commentary was ok, you didn't hear much of it due to the dev commentary over the gameplay, but it seemed to flow a bit better. We won't know anything about that until a later date.
  • Coaches have unique body types and head models, so they do look better. Coaches we saw today (Reid, Tomlin mainly) were definitely a step up.
  • Celebrations and such definitely are smoother/more aware of the context they're happening in since they happen within the gameplay itself and not a loaded cut-scene. Still some wonky instances but overall better.
  • The developers talked about equipment a bit. The new uniforms for each team are going to be in, and uniform/helmet degradation are in as well.
  • Switching of cameras was very smooth, definitely a huge improvement there.
  • Sidelines are much busier now, more people on them, etc. They still don't look perfect, but from where we were to where we are now, huge improvement.
  • Overall the presentation is quite good in-game this year, it definitely has a new layer of polish on it that wasn't there last year. It's not perfect, but clearly its taken yet another leap ahead this season.
What did you think of the stream?

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 csamuelsvt @ 07/30/14 02:55 PM
Choosing day games again....why are they avoiding night games?

# 42 Mos1ted @ 07/30/14 02:57 PM
I wish they would play on a slower gameplay speed. I want to see if the game animates more fluidly at the slower settings.

# 43 canes21 @ 07/30/14 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
Choosing day games again....why are they avoiding night games?
They chose 4:15. It should definitely get dark quick.

CPU movement in the pocket is nicer.

# 44 bxgoods @ 07/30/14 03:02 PM
That shady mccoy run for the TD was a thing of beauty

# 45 TDKing @ 07/30/14 03:06 PM
Are penalties turned off? Lol....

# 46 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/30/14 03:06 PM
I noticed when they just let the CPU control the defense line, the defensive line gets no pass rush on it's own at all.

# 47 Cowboy008 @ 07/30/14 03:06 PM
Nice injury animation

# 48 DNMHIII @ 07/30/14 03:10 PM
The colors outside of the helmets look so flat.

# 49 rudyjuly2 @ 07/30/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
-Despite all of the new cameras and replays, the post play cameras are still kind of ugly. For example you still get that same Madden zoom in on the ball after an incompletion. More of a small complaint, but it gets older after it being that way every year.
I agree. M12 was still the best in terms of angles and post-play looks from my memory. I personally love the press box/wide angles where you can see the whole passing play. Why not show those at least some times? Close ups of QBs and WRs do nothing for me on passing plays. Mix it up please.

Part of the problem with presentation in football is that football is the king of replays between plays. True TV style presentation would include replays along with commentary from the announcers. Most people probably wouldn't want their game interrupted that much and it's also clear that on the fly commentary of plays isn't a strength for EA right now.

# 50 bad_philanthropy @ 07/30/14 03:12 PM
Let's see if they bring up a snow game to see if camera men and crowd are still wearing shorts in the freezing cold!

# 51 TDKing @ 07/30/14 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
The colors outside of the helmets look so flat.
I was thinking the same thing. They look washed out to me.

# 52 Cowboy008 @ 07/30/14 03:13 PM
Didn't they say that the CPU punters would try corner kicking the ball? When the CPU punted the ball it was the same as usual right in the middle of the field

# 53 The JareBear @ 07/30/14 03:18 PM
Shadows seem to look pretty nice

Edit:

Nevermind.

# 54 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/30/14 03:19 PM
These DBs and LBs look clueless on passing plays....I thought they said they improved the DB and LB AI on passing plays ?

# 55 WakeUp_YoureDreaming @ 07/30/14 03:20 PM
Why are the black uniforms so grey? The black colored player equipment is black, but the Steelers and Jags uniforms are grey. As good as the rest of the color and lighting looks, this sticks out like a sore thumb.

# 56 The JareBear @ 07/30/14 03:22 PM
I have only seen a couple minutes of the stream, I hope it is archived so I can see the whole thing. What difficulty is this on? I haven't seen any of the "new defense" at all. I see a guy picking the same five wide play and the out route is open every time, hitch before that didn't seem covered very well at all. Not saying every play needs to have perfect defense, but if I watch the whole stream will I see some of the defensive upgrades or does it look pretty much the same?

# 57 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/30/14 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I have only seen a couple minutes of the stream, I hope it is archived so I can see the whole thing. What difficulty is this on? I haven't seen any of the "new defense" at all. I see a guy picking the same five wide play and the out route is open every time, hitch before that didn't seem covered very well at all. Not saying every play needs to have perfect defense, but if I watch the whole stream will I see some of the defensive upgrades or does it look pretty much the same?
All Pro is what they are playing on.

# 58 mr_dukes @ 07/30/14 03:24 PM
Just started watching the stream I see its in the afternoon does the lighting change as the game progress?

# 59 Gotmadskillzson @ 07/30/14 03:24 PM
Every pass play I am seeing 2 and some times 3 players WIDE OPEN.

# 60 jbd345 @ 07/30/14 03:24 PM
What teams are being used?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.