Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports is currently livestreaming Madden NFL 15, detailing the presentation and graphics. (Note: As of 3:30 PM EST, the stream has now ended. We'll effort an archived version soon!)

UPDATE: Click here to watch the archived stream. (It takes some time to load...)

Here are some thoughts on the stream today:
  • The halftime show is definitely improved and of good quality. The problem will be most will find it perfectly skippable, but there aren't any real cases where a halftime show is must-see TV, even in real-life. It's sponsored by Verizon, so there's that.
  • Commentary was ok, you didn't hear much of it due to the dev commentary over the gameplay, but it seemed to flow a bit better. We won't know anything about that until a later date.
  • Coaches have unique body types and head models, so they do look better. Coaches we saw today (Reid, Tomlin mainly) were definitely a step up.
  • Celebrations and such definitely are smoother/more aware of the context they're happening in since they happen within the gameplay itself and not a loaded cut-scene. Still some wonky instances but overall better.
  • The developers talked about equipment a bit. The new uniforms for each team are going to be in, and uniform/helmet degradation are in as well.
  • Switching of cameras was very smooth, definitely a huge improvement there.
  • Sidelines are much busier now, more people on them, etc. They still don't look perfect, but from where we were to where we are now, huge improvement.
  • Overall the presentation is quite good in-game this year, it definitely has a new layer of polish on it that wasn't there last year. It's not perfect, but clearly its taken yet another leap ahead this season.
What did you think of the stream?

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 jpdavis82 @ 07/30/14 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bifflefan30
I'm sure they have a little time to polish up the half-time show before it goes gold.
I'm good with the half time show now, they just need to make sure it's contextually aware of league happenings for CFM.

# 122 Cowboy008 @ 07/30/14 06:52 PM
The halftime show was better than what we saw before. Not a lot of dead air now.

# 123 HozAndMoose @ 07/30/14 06:54 PM
You cant complain about colors in a stream. We have no idea what their settings were. And it will always look better on your TV straight from the console when video isnt being compressed.

# 124 Richardcg @ 07/30/14 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
The banners that provide stats don't stay up long enough. I barely have time to read what's on them.
I thought i was the only one that noticed this. I commented on this before but no one said anything about. Ifigured it was early build so it might fixed. Cause i never tat banners pop up and go away that fast on a real broadcast. You dont even get time to see it.

# 125 MajorSupreme @ 07/30/14 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm good with the half time show now, they just need to make sure it's contextually aware of league happenings for CFM.
The half time show should be the LAST thing they work on. So much that's needs fixing.

# 126 bxgoods @ 07/30/14 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
You cant complain about colors in a stream. We have no idea what their settings were. And it will always look better on your TV straight from the console when video isnt being compressed.
That's what I don't understand, how are people making color and lighting judgements from a stream when the video quality is degraded.
I don't see how anyone can make a accurate review of colors from a stream on twitch. Maybe if it was a ign or gamespot stream where the quality of the video is HD.
But twitch streams make graphics of any game look grainy.

# 127 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/30/14 07:21 PM
Quote:
No..this is called reaching lol .. $60 once a year isn't breaking anyone here....I think
If $60 a year is breaking someone, they probably shouldn't own a PS4 or Xbox One lol.

Anyways, the halftime show actually looked great for a first year attempt.

I like what I saw, but CFM news needs to hurry.

# 128 iLLWiLL @ 07/30/14 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxgoods
That's what I don't understand, how are people making color and lighting judgements from a stream when the video quality is degraded.
I don't see how anyone can make a accurate review of colors from a stream on twitch. Maybe if it was a ign or gamespot stream where the quality of the video is HD.
But twitch streams make graphics of any game look grainy.

Well, in regards to my complaint about the dusk time lighting ... because it's all relative. Compare the colors & lighting in the Jags-Eagles game versus the Chiefs-Steelers game during the same livestream. Major difference.

# 129 Hoops737 @ 07/30/14 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Not really. Crank up the fatigue and edit the stamina and it worked fine. It takes a decent amount of effort though
LOL. This is so sad.

# 130 Junior Moe @ 07/30/14 07:32 PM
After watching an archived copy of the stream from start to finish, I can honestly say that this is about what I expected. The game looks pretty good overall and the gameplay is getting there. I like the presentation direction, too. We just need more. One thing that did stick out like a sore thumb was the generic looking throwing motions. What happened? I mean, I know that they don't trigger all the time but I didn't see even one. Also, EA really needs to get onboard with player "signature styles" (running, throwing, tackling, catching, etc.). Everyone animates the exact same way and it kills the immersion. I want to see different catch types for wideouts; different running styles depending on the back (maybe certain attributes...); "hit stick" like tackles from players with 90 plus hit power. I want to visually see the difference between player A and player B.

# 131 yardz23 @ 07/30/14 07:44 PM
Don't get the back lash to this broadcast.

I really liked what I saw, just hated the play calling and stick skills haha.

LOVED the run game between the tackles. The rb actually navigates through the hole realistically, unlike the last year getting stuck on your blockers.

Also, the offensive AI play has improved a lot. AI Alex Smith tore him up and has a nice scramble and throw play.

# 132 WakeUp_YoureDreaming @ 07/30/14 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdooky15
Did anyone else think the Steelers uniforms looked more Dark Grey than Black?
Yeah, absolutely. They are grey, and it truly annoys me. Especially when all the black colored player equipment (sleeves, half sleeves, elbow pads, wrist bands, gloves, cleats and ankle wrap) are actually black. There's a huge disparity between the black of player equipment and the "black" of uniforms. Because of this distinction, no matter what quality the video or color settings or time of day, the problem remains.

# 133 The JareBear @ 07/30/14 07:52 PM
The stream itself seemed very "grey" or "washed out" to me. I wouldn't worry about the colors from the stream

# 134 RyanLaFalce @ 07/30/14 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Hundreds of dollars? its only $60 once a year lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
No..this is called reaching lol .. $60 once a year isn't breaking anyone here....I think
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
If $60 a year is breaking someone, they probably shouldn't own a PS4 or Xbox One lol.

Anyways, the halftime show actually looked great for a first year attempt.

I like what I saw, but CFM news needs to hurry.
THANK YOU!!!!!!

# 135 friscob @ 07/30/14 07:59 PM
Hope this gets put up on youtube so i can watch it

# 136 Indyboy180 @ 07/30/14 08:01 PM
maybe this was an older build of the game? Maybe?

# 137 jpdavis82 @ 07/30/14 08:01 PM
The game looked grainier and more twitchy compared to the first stream. I had my phone hooked up to my tv both times and the first stream looked a lot crisper on my tv. The issue today was twitch NOT the game itself. Today was the first time I've seen the running not look as fluid and I could easily tell it was because the stream quality was low. RE-LAX people!

# 138 RyanLaFalce @ 07/30/14 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyboy180
maybe this was an older build of the game? Maybe?
Most likely, yes.

# 139 RogueHominid @ 07/30/14 08:08 PM
Something looks drastically wrong with the colors on the PIT jerseys and the KC pants. It looks almost like there's a translucent film over them distorting their proper colors and giving off too much sheen.

# 140 jpdavis82 @ 07/30/14 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Well, the coverage in the Steelers vs Chiefs footage is a lot better than the Jags vs Eagles footage, I will give them that. Smith's one errant throw seemed caused by pressure. EA has gotta get the pressure going from CPU teams. New in-game camera angles on replays are a step in the right direction
That's because the first game was user vs CPU, the second was user vs user.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.