Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Ratings "Czar" Donny Moore recently took over the official Madden Twitter feed and revealed some more Madden NFL 15 player ratings.
  • Brent Grimes - Overall 91
  • Julio Jones - Overall 92
  • Matt Ryan - Overall 87
  • Alfred Morris - Overall 87
  • Muhammad Wilkerson - Overall 93
  • Alterraun Verner - Overall 87
  • Tony Romo - Overall 91
  • Reggie Bush - Overall 85
  • Demaryius Thomas - Overall 93
  • Brady Quinn - Overall 72
RGIII and Terrelle Pryor are the fastest quarterbacks in the game.

Marquette King is the second fastest punter in the game. (I don't want to play the cheeser that asked this question.)

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 HarMor123 @ 07/31/14 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letemburn
Classic Romo hate. Nothing new...

I will ask you..

"Did you actually watch all of his games and not just watch BSPN?"

"One of the top statistical QB's year in and year out."

You will come back with...

"LOLOLOL look at all of his blown games."

"Homo cant win in the playoffs!"

I will come back with..

"You can put those losses on many more guys then just Romo."

"Look at all the games he brought us back in and won(more come backs then blown games)"

and last to "look up who has the highest 4th qtr QB rating in the NFL since he became starter? "

Then it could go on and on and on...No thanks, appreciate the offer...you can never change a Romo/Cowboy haters opinion. Not gonna try.
So this is you not trying? Let it go. Romo's just not that good. Put any 2nd stronger in at QB and you'll see an improvement compared to Romo. He's mediocre at best. I honestly don't see how he's still a starter.

Oh wait, I probably should have put that in quotes and said I'm not gonna say that...nah, I think you should know it.

I would be alright with a 91 Romo, if Brady wasn't 93. Brady's only 2 points better than Romo? I can't even conceive a possible scenario where someone could even make that argument much less that argument being true.

# 22 Letemburn @ 07/31/14 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarMor123
So this is you not trying? Let it go. Romo's just not that good. Put any 2nd stronger in at QB and you'll see an improvement compared to Romo. He's mediocre at best. I honestly don't see how he's still a starter.

Oh wait, I probably should have put that in quotes and said I'm not gonna say that...nah, I think you should know it.

I would be alright with a 91 Romo, if Brady wasn't 93. Brady's only 2 points better than Romo? I can't even conceive a possible scenario where someone could even make that argument much less that argument being true.
My first post was to try and avoid all of this but oh well, here we go...

Im not saying Romo is our savior and the best QB to ever play the game. I simply posted my opinion that I feel Romo was deserving of his rating and for some reason that was comical and you(?) suggested a 71-72 overall I think it was? If that isn't a biased opinion I dont know what is. Heck, maybe mine is even a little biased. Maybe you can knock him down a point or two. But with the way many QBs are rated every year, (outside of Brady's under rating this year) I feel 91 is very fair.

Let me try to explain to you why i feel Romo is very deserving of his rating...

Romo is 5th (4th among active QBs) in QB rating in NFL HISTORY only behind Aaron Rodgers, Peyton, Steve Young, and Rivers.

Romo is 6th (5th among active QBs) in pass completion % in NFL HISTORY.

Romo is 6th (20th in NFL HISTORY) among active QBs in comebacks.

Romo is 8th (31st in NFL HISTORY) among active QBs in TD's.

Romo is 10th among active QBs in passing yards, passes completed, and total yards.

Romo is 3rd (9th in NFL HISTORY) among active QBs in yards per pass attempt (4th and 3rd in adj yards/pass attempt)

Romo is 5th among active QBs in yards per passes completed.

Romo is 3rd (21st in NFL HISTORY) among active QBs in passing TD%.

Romo is 5th (4th among active QBs) in NFL HISTORY in net yards/pass attempt. (4th and 4th in adj net yards/pass attempt)

Romo doesnt have the highest 4th quarter QB rating in the NFL since he took over starter by accident.

Romo doesnt have great statistics that rank near the top year in and year out by accident.

Romo isnt voted in the top 100 every year by his opponents and other NFL stars by accident.

Im trying to back my opinion with facts not comments such as "put in any 2nd stringer and youll see an improvement". Dallas fans have witnessed that when Romo has had to sit out games during his career that is not the case. How could you be fine with Romo being a 91 if Brady was rated higher but any second stringer would out perform Romo and bring better results to the Cowboys? I think that clearly shows that your opinion is very biased by basically contradicting yourself.

And where did i argue that Romo should only be 2 below Brady? I never said anything about Brady's rating. I totally agree with you that Romo shouldn't only be 2 "points" below Brady. That isn't because Romo is overrated, that is because Brady is underrated. You cant under rate everyone else because one guy is under rated.

Donny clearly sees this at EA year in and year out that Romo is not a bum as you suggest, constantly ranking Romo in the top 10 at the QB position. I am very happy he isn't blinded by the Romo hate as his opinion is what matters when it comes to ratings for Madden.

Dallas fans will miss Romo when he is gone and many people will see how talented he is when Dallas is stuck trying to find another QB if we dont start grooming one soon.

Everyone has an opinion though and that is yours, ill respect it, just dont quite understand it.

# 23 raiderphantom @ 07/31/14 05:21 AM
I would never want Romo in a big game or clutch moment, but the guy is a great regular season QB. Stats don't lie.

# 24 Letemburn @ 07/31/14 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
I would never want Romo in a big game or clutch moment, but the guy is a great regular season QB. Stats don't lie.
During first 12-13 weeks of regular season he seems to be fine in clutch moments, but like you said and i cant lie, in those big games he has made some very costly mistakes. I dont know if its just bad luck or if he really does get the "jitters" or what. I hope the team can give him the chance to knock that monkey off his back, i got faith he can do it if the team "allows" him and gives him that chance.

# 25 KANE699 @ 07/31/14 08:04 AM
People are still calling Romo a bad quarterback? What year is this 2008?

# 26 johnprestonevans @ 07/31/14 08:45 AM
Sad that this is what all the pre-release "hype" for Madden is about - players stats. Woohoo. Clearly the game hasn't made any big strides in its presentation (joke of a halftime show) and gameplay (looks to be about the same as it's been for the last few years). These articles comparing positional rankings is a lame way to keep "Madden 15" in the headlines.

# 27 underdog13 @ 07/31/14 11:16 AM
Came here to post that Brady Quinn should be higher in case Cutler gets hurt, find out Jimmy Clausen is the back up.....NotreDame QB's...... am I right?

# 28 XXstormmXX @ 07/31/14 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianski71
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL You're kidding, right? 71 would be more accurate.
The guy rating these players must be a Cowboys fan.

# 29 coogrfan @ 07/31/14 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
The guy rating these players must be a Cowboys fan.

Romo's 2013 td-int ratio: 31-10, passer rating of 96.7.
The same numbers for his entire career: 208-102-95.8.

Anybody who thinks he can't play simply isn't paying attention.

# 30 elgreazy1 @ 07/31/14 03:26 PM
Nothing but respect for Romo from me. The guy is gutsy and has carried the team on his back for years now. He's a guy who came from nothing: undrafted out of a D-II school who worked his way into being the starter for one of the premier franchises in the world. I would most definitely build a team around this guy.

Football is a true team sport where each of the 53-men need to contribute to win. Romo has not had that benefit during his career as with the abysmal collapse of the Dallas D last year. Even still, when the game is put on his back, he's faltered in some big moments and has a .250 winning percentage in the Playoffs. QBs today are no longer measured by stats but by wins and more importantly big wins (Playoffs, SB, etc). Unfortunately, Romo doesn't have many of those under his belt.

With that said, the guy totally deserves the 91 rating.

# 31 w00dy Hayezz @ 07/31/14 04:26 PM
I am a Cowboys fan and i love Romo. That being said i think the 91 rating is about right from September to November, then should drop to about a 75 in December.

# 32 friscob @ 07/31/14 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
I am a Cowboys fan and i love Romo. That being said i think the 91 rating is about right from September to November, then should drop to about a 75 in December.
Lol cowboys fan and love romo... sure thing.

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com...-rivers/11472/

# 33 seanhazz1 @ 07/31/14 05:38 PM
I don't know why players aren't rated against all time greats now that we have MUT, should be easy comparison. Montana should be the 99 overall and everyone scaled down from there. Brady at 93 seems fair. Romo should be an 85-86. In his best year I'd give a 91 max. He hasn't been at his best in awhile.

# 34 hanzsomehanz @ 07/31/14 06:34 PM
Put Romo on the same Rank as Brady or 2pts down.

He is right there in the realm of the elite - where the Championship QBs would beat him out is w the Clutch trait: that is Brady's trump card over Romo buy in respect to capacity: Romo has all the tools they have and more than some others - see his maneuver/houdini ability in the pocket.

Romo is a great fit for the 'Boys. We were worst without him until he became a lifetime starter. If you want to knock QBs: look at how the Dolphins have fallen off w/o Marino and the Bills w/o Kelly.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 35 hanzsomehanz @ 07/31/14 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanhazz1
I don't know why players aren't rated against all time greats now that we have MUT, should be easy comparison. Montana should be the 99 overall and everyone scaled down from there. Brady at 93 seems fair. Romo should be an 85-86. In his best year I'd give a 91 max. He hasn't been at his best in awhile.
Overall is overall ability.

Guys like Montana and Warner do not have it all but they have the brains and a dominant arm. Sometimes a dominant arm is not even signified by power or accuracy but simply proficiency to reach your desired target - it also helps to have reliable, dominant targets
Stafford has a cannon that other Legends lacked but he also has Calvin and without him his stats would seemingly faulter: you need more than a cannon and bombs.

Look at Brady's scorecard from the combine and look at his statistics and accomplishments thereafter: do the same for those 1st rounders that belly-flopped in their NFL careers.

There are certain attributes that Madden does not measure by rating such as footwork and pocket presence & then there are alsi qualities a QB possess that are not weighed into an OVR rating, things such as Clutch traits, Release Mechanics (fast vs medium vs slow), and Strength within Systems.

A lot of the greats were products of their Coaching systems: West Coast reads w a power run game vs Air Coryell heavy pass game to setup limited runs.

It is to loose a statement to say, "Montana is at the top of the pecking order at 99 and then everyone else is 98 and below..."

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

# 36 Cowboy008 @ 07/31/14 06:51 PM
Are they not going to release the top 5 safeties today? It's almost 7 here and usually they come out before now.

# 37 azdawgpound @ 07/31/14 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Are they not going to release the top 5 safeties today? It's almost 7 here and usually they come out before now.

actually there behind by 2 days with the releases yesterday was suppose to be the top saftey's and today was suppose to be the top special team's.

# 38 huskerfan4life @ 07/31/14 07:09 PM
I am a diehard Redskins fan and I just love RG III but with his past knee surgery and the way he played last yr how can he be one of the fastest QB's in this yrs game

# 39 noplace @ 07/31/14 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerfan4life
I am a diehard Redskins fan and I just love RG III but with his past knee surgery and the way he played last yr how can he be one of the fastest QB's in this yrs game
Everything coming out of camp is that he has that speed back.. He's not that shifty but in a straight line he's as fast as any QB out there..

# 40 friscob @ 07/31/14 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Everything coming out of camp is that he has that speed back.. He's not that shifty but in a straight line he's as fast as any QB out there..
Heard similar things last year. At this point we just need to see it. It was amazing that Madden refused to dock his speed and acc last year in their weekly updates.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.