Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just posted another NHL 15 blog. This one showcases the new Vision A.I. feature in the game. Players now have an elevated level of player intelligence. Vision A.I. features evolved awareness with players reading and reacting to potential plays. Scoring area recognition, pass anticipation, and enhanced team breakouts all improve the flow of the game.
  • Utilizing Vision A.I., skaters respond to the puck's current and projected position as they anticipate plays before they happen. With over 2,500 points on the ice – players will always look to be in the correct position in all three zones based on their player specific roles.
  • In the offensive zone, players will react dynamically to their teammates’ position, looking to open up potential passing and shooting lanes. Goal scoring forwards will look for soft spots in the defense and get to open shooting lanes.
  • Using just the D-pad, you can change your team’s strategy on the fly. All-new strategies include Quick and Controlled Breakouts that give you dozens of options as you carry the puck up the ice resulting in more rush formations and diverse gameplay.
NHL 15 is scheduled to arrive on September 9th for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One.

NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TjJunior @ 08/01/14 01:01 AM
They took the OTF coaching from 2k8 and called it new? Or will this do something completely different, because it sounds identical.

# 22 Södy @ 08/01/14 01:02 AM
Doesn't we have this awesome AI improvement since NHL 12 every year?

I sold my PS4 because NHL is the only game till late 2015 I would play on it and I am very sceptical, NHL 15 is worth 400+ bucks. Maybe I'm back for 16.

# 23 giantsharks @ 08/01/14 01:43 AM
two little positives from this are patrice bergerons player model looks great and sidney crosby looking back for the puck looks good too.

# 24 Qb @ 08/01/14 11:46 AM
Two things:

1. The snarky negative comments ARE getting old. Offer something constructive or keep it to yourself.

2. Frankly, I don't have the time or desire to moderate this forum with an iron fist. But I'm not going to repeatedly overlook insults just because it's from a "positive" user to a "negative" user. Bottom line... Don't make it personal when you disagree with someone.

# 25 canucksss @ 08/01/14 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
The part of the game that most of the people on this forum wanted to hear about. If only they had done something like the Madden developers did a couple weeks ago by making a detailed video breaking down the bad parts of the game the past few years and talking about how they improved them or are looking to improve them in the future. That's the type of stuff that goes a long way with people.

I've said it on here so many times, people would not be so harsh on this game if the devs actually appeared to give a damn. Look at the Madden forum right now. It's filled with hope and a lot more positivity because the devs have come out and showed they care. I just don't see it with NHL and I haven't in a very very long time. It's probably been since Littman and Richards were still a vital part of the development.
If EA NHL dev team will do the same as Madden - it will take 5 hours to make! (Because there's so many issues that EA needs to focus on that is vital in this game. I am not a fan of MLB but SCEA's MLB TS (RTTS mode) just wow me. I created 2 RTTS, 1 pitcher and 1 slugger. In my slugger RTTS I am now in my 4th season and I dont SIM! In my pitcher, I am about to finish my first season, again without Simming! Why? Even though the commentators keep repeating the same lines....the gameplay makes the BIG DIFFERENCE.

I've been saying all along....remove RAM....EA doesnt see that this current NHL dev team is worst in all sports...why....because its still racking up sales in spite of poor effort. It will take awhile or perhaps not even to have another Hockey Video game...I know that's painful to say....but the best way to get the attention of EA is not to purchase their series. Hurt them the most....by not putting your hard earn $$$$ to their pockets.

# 26 peter21 @ 08/01/14 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
Does this new great feature apply to defense too?
This was my first thought. These bullet points appear to only really benefit offense or transition to offense.

How about some improved AI that close gaps on defense and don't leave the front of the net uncovered with two forwards standing in front of the goalie? I'd like to see a bullet for that.

# 27 Qb @ 08/01/14 02:02 PM
There's no "censoring" or "tyranny", nor are only positive comments allowed. The desire to turn everything into some epic struggle against oppression is what's comical.

I recognize the valid reasons for criticism and skepticism of this series and its NG debut. What I'm saying is don't be a jerk about it or spout the same tired nonsense in every thread ad nauseum.

# 28 ChitownFan526 @ 08/02/14 11:32 AM
The simplicity and lack of video support for this blog is interesting. I believe most of the improvements to the game are focused on visuals and presentation, which is understandable moving to the new console. I also wonder how much have any of the game modes changed. I'd like to think the new consoles open up new windows for AI improvements. I guess we'll see, but for those of us hoping for AI improvements, this is awkward. But I come back to a point that I made in another thread, I think these information blogs are more to build hype and sell the game than to genuinely provide information that dedicated users want.

# 29 tabulaRasa @ 08/06/14 04:58 AM
Pokespam works With your back against the puck, chop puck is more accurate than a pass, dominating zone time and dominating passing is not winning you game as much as pokespamming and dekeing solo. Ea clearly knows AI and team sports.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.