Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports will be releasing NHL 15 screenshots from every NHL arena over the next few months. Today they have released screenshots of the Wells Fargo Center and MTS Centre.

Quote:
The power of the next-gen consoles finally allows the NHL franchise to capture every detail of an NHL arena. Unique arena elements such as 19,000+ seat capacities, dynamic lighting, player entrance tunnels and much more are all captured with a level of detail not possible on the previous generation. This summer, NHL 15 will make home games will truly feel like home.

Your thoughts?

Previously released arena screenshots:

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bigwill33 @ 08/02/14 03:07 PM
The lighting in the WFC is night and day, no pun intended, in comparison to earlier screens. Much improved.

# 2 ERA @ 08/02/14 04:49 PM
Wells Fargo Center looks fantastic. Is it September yet?!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 3 Simple Mathematics @ 08/02/14 06:30 PM
Nice! Time to hang another Cup banner at the Wells Fargo Center.

# 4 GlennN @ 08/02/14 06:35 PM
It's really pretty. No surprise there. Now let's see about revising BeAGM. Let's get full career stats, bio and awards viewable. Let's get rosters easy to view. There's still work to be done!

# 5 gator3guy @ 08/02/14 08:21 PM
Where are the Sixers banners?

# 6 ERA @ 08/02/14 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Where are the Sixers banners?
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but this is an NHL game.. Not an NBA game.

# 7 gator3guy @ 08/02/14 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but this is an NHL game.. Not an NBA game.

I was half joking, but they have the Sixers banners up during hockey games. It's not like they don't have the NBA rights.

# 8 spidertour02 @ 08/02/14 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
I was half joking, but they have the Sixers banners up during hockey games. It's not like they don't have the NBA rights.
The rights for this stuff are not cross-game, so they would have to license the NBA logos for use in this game. (That's why NBA Live 14 had Madison Square Garden and NHL 14 did not.)

# 9 gator3guy @ 08/02/14 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidertour02
The rights for this stuff are not cross-game, so they would have to license the NBA logos for use in this game. (That's why NBA Live 14 had Madison Square Garden and NHL 14 did not.)
NBA Live also came out a couple months after NHL. NHL 15 has the rights to MSG now.

As I was saying I was half serious. It doesn't bother me, there are obviously more important things to worry about.

# 10 brandon27 @ 08/03/14 12:11 AM
looks great!

I swear some of the little things people complain about though just boggles my mind. Its like we just look for things to complain about nowadays.

I can't wait to play this game.

# 11 bigwill33 @ 08/03/14 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
looks great!

I swear some of the little things people complain about though just boggles my mind. Its like we just look for things to complain about nowadays.

I can't wait to play this game.
Not really trying to open a can of worms here, but who complained about anything in this thread?

# 12 Cardot @ 08/03/14 12:36 AM
Quote:
I wish they would just put up some generic banners with the appropriate colors. places like the Boston Garden just seems like it is missing something without the Green and White banners....and vice versa in the NBA games with no Yellow/Black.

# 13 Sheba2011 @ 08/03/14 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I wish they would just put up some generic banners with the appropriate colors. places like the Boston Garden just seems like it is missing something without the Green and White banners....and vice versa in the NBA games with no Yellow/Black.
How often during an actual game are you really going to be looking up at the rafters?

# 14 spidertour02 @ 08/03/14 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
How often during an actual game are you really going to be looking up at the rafters?
Actually, he has a point. Considering that they're both big bullet points that will likely be on the back of the box, the new presentation probably includes a ton of angles to show off the arenas.

# 15 ericromain @ 08/03/14 03:03 AM
When EA NHL started updating the arenas a few years ago, I thought they were including generic versions of the NBA retired number banners.

# 16 Sheba2011 @ 08/03/14 03:56 AM
Quote:
Actually, he has a point. Considering that they're both big bullet points that will likely be on the back of the box, the new presentation probably includes a ton of angles to show off the arenas.
There will probably be all sorts of angles but how many of them are going to be of the banners hanging in the rafters? Maybe a couple a game. Most of the new angles and shots will be of the "19,000" individually rendered fans they keep talking about. Would I like to see Celtics banners hanging in the Garden? Sure it would add a layer of realism. But it's something you will hardly notice during the course of a normal game.

# 17 drog1602 @ 08/03/14 11:17 AM
Yawn, I've lost interest in this game already. The lack of any real info or game footage is really off putting. Sure the arenas look good, but come on already!

# 18 Cardot @ 08/03/14 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
Not much, but EA is using them now to showcase the game. They are showing the authenticity of the arenas, but there is a gap when missing half the banners. I understand the license complications, thus just suggesting a quick generic fix.

# 19 SWEGAMER @ 08/03/14 09:04 PM
Why is everyone so bloody exited about the arenas? This is exiting for about one period after which you always skip to the next faceoff, it doesnt matter how the f*ck the roof looks or that they have 9000 different crowd models and all that. I will not be zooming in the stands to look at the amazing details nor will i zoom in to check the details on the puck or someones neck hair. Not to mention the jerseys, it doesnt matter if they move in a realistic way because once you play you don´t notice it, at all. Focus on the gameplay instead of putting all focus on zoomed in screenshots that does not matter at all.

What i will do is play the game and unfortunately it will look exactly the same as it has for the past five years or something and this really pisses me off. Its the same thing every year but at the end of the day the only thing that really changes from year to year when it comes to pure gameplay is the rosters.

Why has not EA put up more videos? The game will be out in about a month, I tell you why. It has got the same animations all over and it wouldnt surprise me at all if we see the same cut scenes we´ve been watching for the since 09 or something. What pisses me off more then anything is the fact that I will buy the game again.

# 20 canucksss @ 08/03/14 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602
Yawn, I've lost interest in this game already. The lack of any real info or game footage is really off putting. Sure the arenas look good, but come on already!
I hate to say this but you cannot blame EA...this is the ONLY thing that they did in this game... o yea...the puck physics...wait...didn't they stress this before??? Like you, I've lost interest in this stupid this weekly update of the ice. How many of us really look and play at these angles??? And yet EA would like us to be impressed about all these arenas. I haven't heard any news about the modes in the game.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.