Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

Check out the new screenshot of John Cena in WWE 2K15.

Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/04/14 12:10 PM
WOW, crazy!!

# 22 Ermolli @ 08/04/14 12:22 PM
A couple comments from 2K's Community & Social Media Manager of WWE:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared2K
To clarify a couple of points:

- Yes, that is an actual, in-game screenshot using developer screenshot tools (just like all the 2K14 screenshots you see us post on Twitter/FB). It was taken during gameplay, so it's not during an entrance or cut-scene or anything like that. The lighting, the depth-of-field, the light reflecting off the ropes.. it's 100% legit in-game.

- The really cool thing? It gets better. While this screenshot is impressive, it also doesn't get into the insane details of the character models. The advantage of both facial and body scans really comes through when you start noticing details about these people that you ordinarily take for granted, from bone structure to pigment variation to moles.. It's super nuts and it'll be a lot of fun to dissect each coming screenshot for these types of details.

- To that end, one detail that stands out to me here is John's veins. They're always very clear during a match, especially that squiggly one that goes down his right arm. You can see those here and rendered accurately, where in the past its always just been little highlights here and there. It's crazy.

Regarding how crowds look:
Quote:
Much better, actually! If you've seen the crowds in NBA 2K15 then you'll have some idea of what to expect. The movement is more organic with everyone moving at different timings. If models are repeated they're at least wearing something totally different. Variations in genders and sizes. MORE SIGNS! It's not mega mindblowing, but man is it ever a step up.

# 23 Pezell04x @ 08/04/14 12:41 PM
I wonder how CAWs will look compared to the modeled superstars. Something similar would be amazing to see.

# 24 countryboy @ 08/04/14 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
I wonder how CAWs will look compared to the modeled superstars. Something similar would be amazing to see.
I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully they will be just as good/detailed as the in game superstars.

# 25 TripleCrown9 @ 08/04/14 12:51 PM
Spoiler alert: Cena won this match lol.

# 26 mm boost @ 08/04/14 12:51 PM
Not only does John Cena look freaking insane, do you guys notice the lighting in the background??? It is mind blowing. I bet the entrance stages, the lighting and fireworks, and everything in between will be what I am most excited about, visually speaking. I am getting antsy now.

# 27 RyanLaFalce @ 08/04/14 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
The match was actually a staring contest.

# 28 Ermolli @ 08/04/14 01:05 PM
For comparison's sake

# 29 Sinner @ 08/04/14 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
No spoiler needed for that cause it's a giving. Now if he had lost then a spoiler and a sit down before you look would have been needed.

This is looking damn good, now i'm getting really excited for this. Hope we get a video later...I can't wait to see Sting, the Wyatts...AJ!! LANA!!!!

# 30 Steve_OS @ 08/04/14 01:11 PM
Just uploaded a higher res image of the screenshot to the OP.

Here is a comparison between 2K15 vs. 2K14

# 31 King_B_Mack @ 08/04/14 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
For comparison's sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Good lord man. These pics tell me I haven't played 2K14 in a while and these graphics are amazing because it's already that jarring look, like when I go back and play a PS2 game after playing PS4 to me lol.

# 32 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/04/14 01:27 PM
Idek Cena was that big(Pause ) . It's been a while since I've watched wwe

# 33 TripleCrown9 @ 08/04/14 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Idek Cena was that big(Pause ) . It's been a while since I've watched wwe
Disclaimer- I don't know how old this picture is.
Spoiler

# 34 Ermolli @ 08/04/14 01:43 PM
More comments from 2K's Community & Social Media Manager of WWE:

About entrances
Quote:
Entrances are definitely improved and are more accurate. Some of this comes from the superior visuals and lighting, and others simply from improved camera work. There are some new details under the hood in regards to how the camera can be manipulated by the developers. For example, during John Cena's entrance, when it sweeps over the crowd during the opening chords of his theme, it feels a bit more authentic. You get a sense that it's actually being operated by a crane and not just "its a video game so it moves how it wants." It's subtle but it helps it feel more true to life.

And since we've more or less revealed Randy Orton with his butt, here's another example. You know how during his entrance, there's that huge strobe light that turns on and fills the arena with each guitar riff? That looks utterly spectacular in WWE 2K15. With the new lighting engine Randy gains a natural back-light. It reflects off the ramp and the barricades, his shoulders and highlights his silhouette. It looks and feels just like it does in real life in a way that's very natural and, well.. not video-gamey. Needless to say, it is very, very cool.
Quote:
I would say similar to in the past. We're lucky to have some of the Superstars MoCap their entrances (I was there for Cesaro, actually!), but others are performed by actors. The 2K motion capture facility itself is fantastic. As the actors are performing they get visual and audio queues. They have instant access to both video of the actual Superstars as well as their own performance. Everyone on the roster got new entrances so you'll see improvements there for sure.

About Divas
Quote:
They look a lot better (obviously), but especially so on Xbox 360 and PS3. They definitely got the attention they deserve and you'll see some very dramatic differences between 2K14 and 2K15 with the Divas. You'll be hearing about the Divas come Summerslam along with the rest of the roster.

# 35 Reed1417 @ 08/04/14 01:51 PM
Holy ****,holy ****!! This screenshot is amazing! I never get hyped about screenshots but seeing as 2k14 is on 360/PS3 and this is for current gen systems....by god!!

# 36 countryboy @ 08/04/14 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

wow! just wow!

# 37 Russell1983 @ 08/04/14 02:21 PM
Awesome screenshot wwe2k15 will be nice.....

# 38 SoxFan01605 @ 08/04/14 02:40 PM
Damn...I only hope the CAW can stay deep while keeping up with the improved visuals.

# 39 Rams_3 @ 08/04/14 02:47 PM
Wow 2k does it again. Looks absolutely stunning.

# 40 EAGLESFAN10 @ 08/04/14 02:53 PM
Will they be releasing more screenshots today or is the news done for the day

Just wondering

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.