Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

It seems WWE 2K15 will have more new modes this year, with two new primary single player modes to play through according to IGN.

The first mode is 2K Showcase, which will feature two historical rivalries you will play through in a sort of mini-documentary fashion. 2K hasn't spilled the beans on which two rivalries are being featured, but the working plan is for them to both be in-depth looks at two big rivalries from the past. Austin/Rock? Undertaker/Kane? HBK/Brett Hart?

So many possibilities.

Also, 2K will be taking a page out of NBA 2K's book by adding a MyCareer mode into WWE 2K15. This mode will allow you to take your created wrestler and work their way up through the ranks of the WWE. Expect motion captured superstars and authentic voice overs. This mode will only be on the PS4 and Xbox One.

WWE 2K15 features five times the animation data of WWE 2K14. Yes, you read that right. WWE superstars spent enough time to capture over 50 days worth of motion capture sessions at 2K's mo-cap facility. Needless to say, the game should look much better.

What do you think the two rivalries will be in 2K Showcase?

Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/04/14 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzMan
That showcase thing doesn't really sound appealing. Hopefully it doesn't push Universe out of the picture.
From the article it sounds like its only based off of two rivalries so it doesn't seem like its going to be this huge mode like Attitude Era were or 30 Years of Wrestlemania

# 22 friscob @ 08/04/14 11:15 AM
The ign article made a good point about how the cheesiness of mycareer never really worked that great in nba but should be a really nice feature in a wwe game. Anyone familiar with nba2k knows that the vc problems run a little deeper than just earning vc and buying overpriced in game items. It can affect your ability to play the game

# 23 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/04/14 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
The ign article made a good point about how the cheesiness of mycareer never really worked that great in nba but should be a really nice feature in a wwe game. Anyone familiar with nba2k knows that the vc problems run a little deeper than just earning vc and buying overpriced in game items. It can affect your ability to play the game
Well if they implement VC into Universe if the mode is in the game then there is issues. The reason MyGM felt awful was that it to relied on VC so if your doing both MyCareer and MyGM how in the world could you do both modes when your dropping VC to make rotation changes in MyGM and then having to improve shooting in MyCareer.

# 24 CM Hooe @ 08/04/14 11:19 AM
I'm going to guess that Cena v Orton is one of the two rivalries.

MyCareer sounds promising. I want to hear more details.

Hoping to hear something about Universe mode sooner or later as well.

# 25 countryboy @ 08/04/14 11:19 AM
Quote:
That showcase thing doesn't really sound appealing. Hopefully it doesn't push Universe out of the picture.
I don't think we have to worry about this happening.

If they push Universe out of the game, they will lose a TREMENDOUS amount of sales.

# 26 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/04/14 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'm going to guess that Cena v Orton is one of the two rivalries.

MyCareer sounds promising. I want to hear more details.

Hoping to hear something about Universe mode sooner or later as well.
I hoe that is not the case. Cena/Orton is one of the most overrated rivalries ever and I don't wish to replay it in full. The 2009 thing was awful with 5 straight PPV matches none of which were very good. Also title changes on 3 straight PPVs which.

# 27 bxphenom7 @ 08/04/14 11:40 AM
Quote:
I'm sure Universe is still there. Now there are just more options to have offline, which is great because I always felt I was done with WWE games too quickly in the past. Still got a whole month of WWE news left, no worries.

# 28 Gronk4M13 @ 08/04/14 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
Noticed no mention of GM Career/Universe.
Kind of worries me too, but the Gamestop strategy guide listing has universe mode in it. The rivalry mode doesn't sound that great but I'm looking forward ro career mode.

# 29 bluesfan13 @ 08/04/14 11:49 AM
Very excited for this. It will be the first WWE game I've bought in years. I'd love for career mode to start with you down in NXT and build friendships and rivalries there. This could be a really fun mode.

IGN certainly is right about how having actual WWE superstars doing the cutscenes, you could lose a lot of the cheesiness that we saw with the MyCareer mode in NBA. This should be great as long as Cena doesn't pull me aside and tell me I'm the future after 4 matches, I'd much rather hear that from HHH or someone.

I'm also thrilled about the amount of presentation upgrades it sounds like the team made on this game. 5 times more motion capture should hopefully eliminate some of the monotony of the game. Hopefully finishers don't look the same every time and have variations.

# 30 Caveman24 @ 08/04/14 12:06 PM
MyCareer would be fine if it's unscripted. One thing I hate about MYPlayer is you always have to be the star no matter what. If the game lets you dictate your career it adds tons of replay value.

# 31 jaredsmith83 @ 08/04/14 12:13 PM
You know VC will be in there, it is 2K but its not a mandatory sort of thing to at least get going. I've enjoyed the PS4 version of NBA 2k14 and its MyPlayer mode. Yeah it can get cheesy but for its first run, it was pretty dang good and has kept me playing more than the MyPlayer did on PS3. Plus, look at it this way, the NBA culture expects a top tier draftee to come into the league and be that star. Its not too far off from the culture of the NBA.

# 32 Ermolli @ 08/04/14 12:24 PM
I hope I can play MyCareer as a current WWE superstar instead of creating a wrestler, despite that so far so good.

# 33 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/04/14 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
I hope I can play MyCareer as a current WWE superstar instead of creating a wrestler, despite that so far so good.
I doubt that. If we can't do so with NBA2K I doubt they would implement things into the WWE games. You could do so in the old Career Modes up until Smackdown vs Raw 2008.

# 34 PantherBeast_OS @ 08/04/14 01:44 PM
I love the idea of Career mode. Been wanting it for a long time for WWE games. My only worry is VC will be implanted into it. That something I will not be thrilled with. I don't have nothing against VC. But so long as it is connected to online. It kills VC period. VC should offline based instead. Online is a killer if the servers go down or people have no internet connection for a long period of time. That's why I'm against all this store crap online way. It just so risky for the long run.

# 35 Reed1417 @ 08/04/14 01:49 PM
Really looking forward to hearing more about the MyCareer mode and any updates to Universe mode!!

# 36 lynkraid @ 08/04/14 03:25 PM
Oh great MyCareer.. So does this mean when I want to wrestle a match I need to pay VC, or when I want to give my wrestler a new attire I need to pay VC. Its gonna be bad if they have any kind of such system. And I don't want a wrestling game that has to clone all of NBA 2k modes. I hate MyCareer...My Player same damn thing bad enough.

As for the rivals thing ugh.. We have all seen more then enough of the Rock & Austin feud, they have had these matches put in past WWE games, they are all over WWE Network, they been released upteen times on DVD already, besides having watched the whole thing play out, I really don't want any more Rock vs Austin matches. Just something WWE has done to death so much.

# 37 thesillyputty1 @ 08/04/14 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
From the article it sounds like its only based off of two rivalries so it doesn't seem like its going to be this huge mode like Attitude Era were or 30 Years of Wrestlemania
There's very little information so far. Sounds to me it's going to take a feud such as McMahon/Austin and go through the history of the matches starting with him winning the king of ring against Jake Roberts and going through the course of the feud up until 2000. There's a lot of layers to some of the feuds with multiple different angles/matches. My prediction of the two feuds are:

McMahon/Austin Hart/HBK

# 38 IIITRE @ 08/04/14 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesillyputty1
There's very little information so far. Sounds to me it's going to take a feud such as McMahon/Austin and go through the history of the matches starting with him winning the king of ring against Jake Roberts and going through the course of the feud up until 2000. There's a lot of layers to some of the feuds with multiple different angles/matches. My prediction of the two feuds are:

McMahon/Austin Hart/HBK
What about sting/NWO

# 39 Sepulchasm @ 08/04/14 03:47 PM
I wouldn't mind Cena / Edge as a rivalry - Cena is on the cover and is bound to be a big part of the game. I would have said Sting / Flair, but as Sting is pre-order DLC, I can't see that happening...

# 40 k2thaz @ 08/04/14 03:47 PM
they better have universe still in or it's a no buy. It'll be like UFC. No replay value

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.