Home
NHL 15 News Post

As promised, EA Sports has started revealing NHL 15 player ratings. They kick things off with the top rated goalies, along with new screenshots of each player.
  • Henrik Lundqvist - Overall 93
  • Jonathan Quick - Overall 93
  • Carey Price - Overall 92
  • Tuukka Rask - Overall 92
  • Pekka Rinne - Overall 91
Let us know what you think!

NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mkharsh33 @ 08/04/14 04:22 PM
As a roster editor, I really don't care about "overall" rating - what is important to me is having players do well or poorly at what their real-life counterpart does or doesn't do.

It's the imbeciles that complain about "overall" ratings. That's unfortunate, and has killed many games.

To boost an overall rating, you often have to make a guy do something better that he's not good at. I've felt the NHL series is one of the worst at making too many players alike - where the game becomes bland/vanilla because too many players do too much of the same things.

# 2 TheVoice97 @ 08/04/14 04:23 PM
New Mask for Price and Lundqvist ?

# 3 bigwill33 @ 08/04/14 04:26 PM
Those masks look... Well, not so good. This game needs a mask editor, pronto!

# 4 N2J NY @ 08/04/14 04:27 PM
Damn, that new Lundqvist mask looks close to the real one..

# 5 snc237 @ 08/04/14 04:54 PM
This is all fine and dandy however we are pretty much a month away from launch and still have yet to see some actual gameplay. I'm so excited for this game because nhl is my favourite sports game but I'm getting a feeling that the first gameplay video we will see is when the game actually comes out.

# 6 Simple Mathematics @ 08/04/14 05:20 PM
I have a busy night ahead of me, but I will do my best to post the Revamped Rosters top rated goalies later tonight.

# 7 drog1602 @ 08/04/14 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2J NY
Damn, that new Lundqvist mask looks close to the real one..

Not even close

# 8 drog1602 @ 08/04/14 05:27 PM
Overalls mean nothing in this game, heck most of the ratings mean nothing. This "reveal" of ratings, did not reveal anything.

EA leaves us scratching our heads.

# 9 shogunofharlem3 @ 08/04/14 05:27 PM
My 14 EA goalies are gonna be better than EA's EA goalies................wow, that was redundant.

# 10 N2J NY @ 08/04/14 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drog1602

Not even close
It's clearly based on his design last season:
At least much closer than the usual NYR masks.

# 11 drog1602 @ 08/04/14 05:39 PM
Quote:
Meh,,still not close but at least new.

# 12 bwiggy33 @ 08/04/14 05:43 PM
Is it bad that with every one of these screen shots I am just looking at the crowd trying to find the person who is texting?

# 13 blinkfan77 @ 08/04/14 06:48 PM
From what it looks like, still a fake Tuukka. Pathetic.

# 14 spidertour02 @ 08/04/14 09:36 PM
Quote:
It looks like the same exact mask, but with less points to the chin and crown. That seems about as close as you can get without being sued.

His FACE, on the other hand ...

# 15 blinkfan77 @ 08/04/14 09:52 PM
It's bothersome that EA never feels the need to make accurate goalie faces. Regardless of the fact that you only see them without a mask in cutscenes, fights and knock-offs, they're still stars of the game and you can still see them through the cage. There is no excuse to not have the likes of King Henrik and Rask among others...

Then again, the NHL team is abysmal when it comes to player faces, so I'm not surprised one bit.

# 16 richardc08 @ 08/04/14 10:30 PM
Those crowd signs are the little stuff that will make me buy this game

# 17 stevendah @ 08/05/14 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkfan77
From what it looks like, still a fake Tuukka. Pathetic.
Was the first thing I noticed too. So far from the screenshots and trailers I've spotted a few new face scans, but I fear there'll still be a lot of important players missing.

# 18 Sheba2011 @ 08/05/14 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardc08
Those crowd signs are the little stuff that will make me buy this game
The crowds are looking excellent in just about every screen shot I have seen. This could really make the game a lot more immersive this year, especially come playoff time.

# 19 Dolphins88 @ 08/05/14 08:49 AM
Ya overall ratings mean nothing when the players all play equally. If there is a difference in skills and unique abilities of players and goalies that is when this game becomes great. As of now the gameplay is vanilla.

# 20 Sparkles @ 08/05/14 09:41 AM
im guessing one of the main gripes they have about releasing gameplay footage is that they're still editing players and how they look (face scans, equipment, et.). I assume that because almost every screenshot that is released reveals something changed or different from the previous release. Its not a big gripe but that could be a small factor. who knows :/

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.