Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Between August 10th and August 16th you can trade in Madden NFL 25 at Best Buy and get up to $35 towards Madden NFL 15.

Source - Blu-Ray

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gorilla Glass @ 08/06/14 01:40 PM
Here's another deal for folks on the fence in getting an Xbox One.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xbox-one...at303600050004

# 22 Aggies7 @ 08/06/14 01:58 PM
As much as I like using BestBuy. I wish Amazon would come out with a similar offer as I won't be able to go out and pick it up this year since I'm off weekdays right now and have my 4 month old to entertain. Way too much to load him up and take him to store and deal with people. Could ask my wife to pick it up on way home from work, but I'm sure she will say "ugh why didn't you order it from Amazon and have it delivered"

# 23 roadman @ 08/06/14 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
As much as I like using BestBuy. I wish Amazon would come out with a similar offer as I won't be able to go out and pick it up this year since I'm off weekdays right now and have my 4 month old to entertain. Way too much to load him up and take him to store and deal with people. Could ask my wife to pick it up on way home from work, but I'm sure she will say "ugh why didn't you order it from Amazon and have it delivered"
Wives usually like the "cheaper" option. lol

# 24 Aggies7 @ 08/06/14 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Wives usually like the "cheaper" option. lol

Not if it forces them out of their way in rush hour traffic.

# 25 tyberious4now @ 08/06/14 03:32 PM
Just came from best buy they offered me 10 dollars trade in for madden...what a bummer!

# 26 michiganfan8620 @ 08/06/14 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyberious4now
Just came from best buy they offered me 10 dollars trade in for madden...what a bummer!
This doesn't start until 8/10 and only goes to 8/16.

# 27 mestevo @ 08/06/14 03:50 PM
Reward certificates aren't usually instant, are they? You won't be able to put that extra $10 towards Madden 15? I've got ~$55 or so banked so it doesn't matter, but just wanted to ask if others have taken advantage of similar offers.

# 28 michiganfan8620 @ 08/06/14 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Reward certificates aren't usually instant, are they? You won't be able to put that extra $10 towards Madden 15? I've got ~$55 or so banked so it doesn't matter, but just wanted to ask if others have taken advantage of similar offers.
I'm guessing it'll be able to be used. The game needs to be traded in between August 10-16 and you need to preorder the game there. It said $10 coupon off madden 15 and $25 gift card, so you should be able to use the whole $35 for Madden.

# 29 shylo3716 @ 08/06/14 06:36 PM
I apologize if I am totally clueless to the talk, but can anyone fill me in on the "digital" talk, I see you all speak of?

# 30 mestevo @ 08/06/14 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716
I apologize if I am totally clueless to the talk, but can anyone fill me in on the "digital" talk, I see you all speak of?
I bought 3 copies of M25, 2 digitally, that I can't trade in. Personally don't really care though, got my money's worth and the convenience is worth it.

# 31 JaymeeAwesome @ 08/06/14 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Already traded it in. smh

So this is essentially 35 bucks off Madden 15. How do they make any money?

EA gets their money because Best Buy buys the game at wholesale. They can then offer any deals to help lower the price of the game. The one thing Best Buy can't do is sell the game lower than retail cost at launch, so to increase sales and get people in their stores, they offer these deals. They are willing to take some small losses to get the foot traffic.

# 32 michiganfan8620 @ 08/06/14 07:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716
Digital means you buy the game on the Playstation Store or Xbox Marketplace, and download it directly to your system. No disk is involved, the full game is just saved onto your Xbox and able to be played, similar to how demos work. Although due to trade-in offers like this one where you get $35 for trading in Madden 25, it is difficult to justify. If they made the price of the digital download less than a disc copy, then it would be interesting. I feel like it almost should be cheaper to buy the digital version since you aren't getting a disc, packaging, no cost of shipping it to a retailer, etc. I know discs and packaging are fairly cheap to produce, but the work of burning the game onto the disc, putting together the packaging, etc that is saved would at least equal a little bit of money. Added to that, I'm not sure what the wholesale price of the game is for retailers, but EA makes more money off the digital download anyway, since they get the entire $60 I believe (I don't think Microsoft or Sony gets royalties, but I'm not sure), not just the wholesale price.

# 33 ODogg @ 08/06/14 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
Digital means you buy the game on the Playstation Store or Xbox Marketplace, and download it directly to your system. No disk is involved, the full game is just saved onto your Xbox and able to be played, similar to how demos work. Although due to trade-in offers like this one where you get $35 for trading in Madden 25, it is difficult to justify. If they made the price of the digital download less than a disc copy, then it would be interesting. I feel like it almost should be cheaper to buy the digital version since you aren't getting a disc, packaging, no cost of shipping it to a retailer, etc. I know discs and packaging are fairly cheap to produce, but the work of burning the game onto the disc, putting together the packaging, etc that is saved would at least equal a little bit of money. Added to that, I'm not sure what the wholesale price of the game is for retailers, but EA makes more money off the digital download anyway, since they get the entire $60 I believe (I don't think Microsoft or Sony gets royalties, but I'm not sure), not just the wholesale price.
You better believe Microsoft and Sony get their royalties off digital downloads, same exact royalties as store distribution.

# 34 TreyIM2 @ 08/06/14 08:18 PM
Whew. Glad I started getting into Madden 25 when the trade in price was $19 @ Best Buy, early June or so, because I almost traded it in. Took me a long time to really start playing it but next week, it goes in.

# 35 Iceman87GT @ 08/06/14 08:58 PM
Does anyone know if this applies to the Ultimate Edition as well?

If it does I'll be cancelling my Gamestop Preorder (I only preordered from them because they had the free $15 of MUT content and now that it appears every store will offer that I will definitely go for the cheaper option).

It would be awesome if we could stack the trade-ins because I have the PS3 and PS4 versions of Madden 25.

# 36 Unlucky 13 @ 08/06/14 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganfan8620
The PS3 copy of 25 is worth $25 off I believe. And with the PS4, keep an eye out in next week's target ad if you have one near you. I think I saw the target deal for buying a PS4 was $35 off 1 year of Playstation Plus (required for online play on PS4), whereas Best Buy is $10 off. Not sure what other places have. I also saw Sam's Club has PS4's at $350 right now as well.
Thank you, but I cant get broadband where I live, so that doesn't matter to me. I'll get it at Best Buy so I can use my credit card and get 18 months no interest.

# 37 Retropyro @ 08/06/14 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
This is why I cant go digital

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Meh, I sold M25, FIFA 15 & BF4 all for $30 each. Then I got that EA Access for $30 which just gave me those games again and I still have $60. Buy Madden 15 at retail and then sell it for $30 come next April/May and re-sub to EA Access and get M15 digital for free.

# 38 friscob @ 08/06/14 09:26 PM
Probably going to buy a copy of Xbox One madden 25 on ebay for like $12 and take it straight to Best Buy for my $35 towards M15.

# 39 Hender3 @ 08/06/14 09:45 PM
So I have Madden on Xbox 360.. Can I trade that in for anything? Im getting Madden 15 on ps4..

# 40 reyes the roof @ 08/06/14 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
The last sentence of this FAQ makes it seem like they won't be instant

Q3: What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
A3: If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS4 or PC prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.