Home
FIFA 15 News Post

FIFA 15 will feature all 20 Barclays Premier League stadiums and over 200 new player head scans (see video here). The team has also posted a list of all FIFA 15 Barclays Premier League head scans here, including some from other leagues.

Make sure you check out the new screenshots of the stadiums and head scans here.

EA Sports and the FIFA 15 team captured cheers, chants and sounds from over 20 live Barclays Premier League matches. The game will feature realistic audio to goal reactions, misses, whistles and over two hours of crowd-specific songs. Click here to hear an example.

Press Release

Electronic Arts Inc. today announced that EA SPORTS™ and the Premier League have extended their existing agreement until the end of the 2018/19 season, which now incorporates the sponsorship of the League’s Goal Decision System.

As a longstanding partner of the Premier League, EA SPORTS has been connecting to real world football through a number of partnership initiatives with the Premier League, including the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index - an in-depth statistics matrix measuring player’s all round contribution – and the Fantasy Premier League game.

The new agreement will showcase the Barclays Premier League as the most authentic league in EA SPORTS FIFA 15, with an unprecedented level of detail in the players and all 20 stadiums, as well as the integration of broadcast quality graphics, audio and commentary that ensures FIFA 15 fans will feel the emotion and intensity of the most popular football league in the world. The deal has given EA SPORTS access to all 20 Barclays Premier League clubs to enable the FIFA 15 team to capture 3D head scans of over 200 players, build realistic stadiums for all 20 League clubs, and capture the emotion of the crowd by recording live match atmosphere during the 2013/14 season.

“We’re extremely pleased to announce the extension of our partnership with the Premier League, the most played league in EA SPORTS FIFA,” said Peter Moore, Chief Operating Officer, EA. “It brings our award-winning game to new levels of authenticity and realism, and enables fans to immerse themselves in the drama and emotion of the league. And as a life-long Liverpool FC fan, I know exactly how that feels!”

“EA SPORTS is a long term licensee of the Premier League and we are extremely pleased to extend our existing agreements with them, and to add new elements to our partnership including their sponsorship of the Goal Decision System,” commented Richard Scudamore, Chief Executive of the Premier League. “They have worked with our clubs to enhance the Premier League element of FIFA 15 like never before and, combined with their sponsorship of the EA SPORTS Player Performance Index and our Fantasy Premier League game, they continue to engage with football fans in a variety of innovative and exciting ways.”

The new agreement enables FIFA 15 to showcase the Barclays Premier League in the most authentic representation ever, by including the following features*:
  • Broadcast Graphics – Broadcast quality overlay graphics that are synonymous with the international TV broadcasts will communicate to fans all the important game information: team sheets, formations, score and clock, next fixture, player stats, and more.
  • Audio and Commentary – The ambience and cheers of over 20 Barclays Premier League matches were recorded and implemented into FIFA 15 to bring realistic audio to goals, misses, whistles, and crowd-specific chants. The Barclays Premier League Anthem will also play at the start of each League match up.
  • All 20 Stadiums – Every stadium in the Barclays Premier League is in the game and looks, feels, and sounds just as it does in real life, including authentic representation of animated LEDs and advertising boards.
  • Authentic Player Headscans – Using the latest 3D scanning technology, the FIFA 15 development team visited every Barclays Premier League club in the 2013/14 season to scan players and capture their likeness. Over 200 new player heads will be scanned into FIFA 15, giving them the most realistic player model possible.
  • Goal Decision System – Making its debut in FIFA 15, Goal Decision System will leave no question as to whether or not the ball crossed the line. Replay animations will emulate TV broadcasts playing after close calls and goal line clearances.

FIFA 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 VTPack919 @ 08/06/14 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutton
Where did you obtain the info that they have the ref referees? It was something I really was hoping for but didn't see any mention of it in the EPL trailer/info.

Referees are in? If so I am going studs up into Lee Mason.

# 22 Zac @ 08/06/14 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTimmyJim
I feel this way about Chris Mumple.

# 23 BrianFifaFan @ 08/06/14 04:43 PM
I am fully in "shut up and take my money!" mode now.....

# 24 irrelevant @ 08/06/14 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTimmyJim
I thought EA announced their partnership with the refs mid-season last year, hence we saw the EA badges on ref kits in the BPL.

I'm sending Mathieu Flamini after Mike Dean.

# 25 cdawg44 @ 08/06/14 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I am fully in "shut up and take my money!" mode now.....
Totally agree!!! As an EPL nut, I'm all in this year. As much as I'm bummed that there are no NCAA games anymore, FIFA has filled that hole nicely for me. Can't wait to drop points at Stoke and Swansea like usual... Sigh...

# 26 ERA @ 08/06/14 08:11 PM
I called it!

I couldn't be happier right now. I really hope Bundesliga gets this treatment some time in the future as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk now Free

# 27 dlxsf18 @ 08/06/14 08:53 PM
Was really happy to see this news today. THIS is effective marketing. Honestly I didn't expect any of it as we didn't have any concrete evidence of scans or new stadiums up until this point.

Apparently we've got reason to be excited for tomorrow as well. I would think a similar announcement is due sometime between now and Gamescom. I'm guessing either the Bundesliga (official partners with EA since last year IIRC) or Serie A (who had that press release with EA not too long ago) will get the same treatment... or maybe La Liga.

Hopefully EA can continue to make this kind of commitment to other leagues in the future as this made a lot of people happy.

# 28 ERA @ 08/06/14 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxsf18
Was really happy to see this news today. THIS is effective marketing. Honestly I didn't expect any of it as we didn't have any concrete evidence of scans or new stadiums up until this point.

Apparently we've got reason to be excited for tomorrow as well. I would think a similar announcement is due sometime between now and Gamescom. I'm guessing either the Bundesliga (official partners with EA since last year IIRC) or Serie A (who had that press release with EA not too long ago) will get the same treatment... or maybe La Liga.

Hopefully EA can continue to make this kind of commitment to other leagues in the future as this made a lot of people happy.
It's the Turkish League. I'm calling it right now. Futhead has been begging EA for the Turkish League for as long as I could remember.

# 29 VTPack919 @ 08/06/14 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA
It's the Turkish League. I'm calling it right now. Futhead has been begging EA for the Turkish League for as long as I could remember.

I really hope it is the return of the Turkish league.

# 30 OneDrop @ 08/06/14 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Totally agree!!! As an EPL nut, I'm all in this year. As much as I'm bummed that there are no NCAA games anymore, FIFA has filled that hole nicely for me. Can't wait to drop points at Stoke and Swansea like usual... Sigh...
We're gonna be able to fully experience a cold rainy tuesday night at stoke.

# 31 bad_philanthropy @ 08/06/14 10:42 PM
The good thing for the consumer is this puts a kind pressure on other leagues to lower financial barriers for their product to be represented in a similarly robust manner. Think about it, these leagues are competing in a market, and suddenly the BPL gains gravity in a sales tool hitting around 5 million annual units sold.

# 32 Ermolli @ 08/06/14 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
The good thing for the consumer is this puts a kind pressure on other leagues to lower financial barriers for their product to be represented in a similarly robust manner. Think about it, these leagues are competing in a market, and suddenly the BPL gains gravity in a sales tool hitting around 5 million annual units sold.
Which other leagues? There aren't many relevant leagues which aren't in the game already, FIFA has the Saudi Arabia league ffs

# 33 Rasco11 @ 08/07/14 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlxsf18
THIS is effective marketing.

I think I know exactly what you are referring to and I agree 100%!!!

Very excited to experience these various stadiums and crowd environments!

# 34 Matty Aqua @ 08/07/14 02:21 AM
This is great stuff!...looks fantastic, NBA 2k can really learn from this type of marketing!

# 35 BrianFifaFan @ 08/07/14 05:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
Craven Cottage would've been sweet. But this is fantastic news. I heard EA bought the rights to all the Spanish League stadiums as well, to keep them away from PES. I'd love those in as well

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
A full slate of La Liga stadiums would be awesome. But it would also be huge for them to have done the Championship, getting at least all of the teams stadiums in it. That way when a Fulham get promoted again, you have an authentic stadium. I'm just praying that the guys over at Moddingway decide to tackle the new game. One, Ariel is down in Brazil, and his league got dumped. Two, I know there is going to be a HUGE learning curve for those guys with the new engine. But, if they come through, with the new engine and all the bells and whistles that EA has ALREADY put into the game, I think it has a chance to be the greatest looking soccer title, ever. Take my money..... PLEASE!

# 36 Halloween @ 08/07/14 08:36 AM
I've heard they extended their partnership with the BPL...the question is, is it exclusiv or not?

# 37 KG @ 08/07/14 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Also mentioned in today's blog:

Good news all around.

I'm sure more stadiums (La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga) and face scans will be added to future FIFAs. This is probably all they could get done in a year's time.
The chants are cool but correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't FIFA already have goal-line technology? It's in there but it's just not reviewed like it is IRL.

# 38 pjburrage @ 08/07/14 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
I've heard they extended their partnership with the BPL...the question is, is it exclusiv or not?
It's a Premier League Exclusive deal, meaning the PL branding will only be in FIFA. The individual clubs can however make deals independently with Konami to be in Pro Evolution Soccer.

# 39 bad_philanthropy @ 08/07/14 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermolli
Which other leagues? There aren't many relevant leagues which aren't in the game already, FIFA has the Saudi Arabia league ffs
I mean to have the total image rights to all the stadiums and likenesses for leagues that don't package all of those things together. The BPL now has their league represented in more thoroughly in the game, and it makes it more attractive and notable for the players relative to other leagues in the game.

# 40 Ermolli @ 08/07/14 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I mean to have the total image rights to all the stadiums and likenesses for leagues that don't package all of those things together. The BPL now has their league represented in more thoroughly in the game, and it makes it more attractive and notable for the players relative to other leagues in the game.
Ok good point although I guess when they make individual deals with clubs they can already create their stadiums and chants besides scanning the players, something I don't see them taking much advantage of.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.