Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

VSNGaming has posted a videocast with Josh Looman, as they talk about Madden NFL 15 Connected Franchise. Topics include all of the new features in CFM including practice mode, random draft classes, team relocation and other updates.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 wordtobigbird @ 08/06/14 07:09 PM
While I'm bummed for those who loved to have real draft classes I don't mind that. IF they really fixed the draftees attributes and made realistic classes. I don't watch college football so I wouldn't know one name from the other anyway.

Pleased to hear about game prep. Looking forward to seeing more about that. Glad I can finally use a player in a skill drill and improve that skill/get experience points and buy the rating or however it works. I want to see the options and if going for long term develop or short term stat boost becomes a real strategic element. CFM needed something in between just playing the games. Hopefully this is similar to FIFA's form rating.

Thank you based god that they improved free agency. Last years was horrible. Going through the menu was a pain but there was absolutely no logic to what was going on. You just bid on a player. Advance the week. Sometimes on the final week advancement you wouldn't even know if you actually signed the player or not until you went to the depth chart. So hopefully they improved the UI along with the added depth to free agent decisions.

Having players be aware of who is on your roster before they sign is a step toward adding player roles in contracts. There must be some logic behind what role a player expects to have on a team if he looks at the starter and decides he won't get PT so he wont sign there. What about if you want to do something like have multiple starting caliber defensive lineman but rotate them. Will there be an issue of not being able to sign a LE because you already have a good LE? Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

They finally added the ability to advance more than a week at a time. Small but big.

Also relieved to hear that there will be screens where you can view a players progression/regression so you don't have to have players stats memorized. I'll take the added convenience to make me going into depth a little easier.

Weekly goals change every week. Maybe I'll actually pay attention to them now? We'll see.

They updated the OVRs so they dont change from menu to in game. Welcome fix.

Excited to get my hands on it.

# 42 wordtobigbird @ 08/06/14 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyColtrane
They made draft class changes to address people in online leagues going onto Operation Sports and gaming the system by reading the draft class guides.

Not to address the fact that we want to play with real rookies. these are their priorities...

:/
I think that is where the legal issues come in with them admitting they want to use college player likenesses in Madden.

# 43 ggsimmonds @ 08/06/14 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I don't see the issue with requiring 3 qbs. Much better than two qbs going down and you putting in the punter.

Granted, if they gave us practice squad, etc.. We wouldn't have to worry about only having 53 guys.
Wait until you play CFM and get to the preseason cut period and the game basically forces you to cut certain players in order to meet the position requirements.

The two QBs going down is part of the risk of opting to carry an extra WR or CB. I like my games to have choices and risks involved.

# 44 brent3419 @ 08/06/14 07:42 PM
can any one answer this question for me, when u draft someone will their attibutes show a rating or a number or do we have to do it like in 25 and spend xp

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 45 dat boi Q @ 08/06/14 07:53 PM
You can't edit draft classes in madden because of the same reason you can't do it on NBA2k.

# 46 sticks323 @ 08/06/14 08:17 PM
Some people are never happy. The news sounds good.

# 47 vc3616 @ 08/06/14 09:05 PM
Seems like good progress from last year still needs work though but I like the direction however I'm very disappointed in not being able to create a draft class possible deal breaker for me because it's hard playing with fake players just can't get into it feels cheesy and for the people comparing ncaa law suit to this its a completely different situation the lawsuit was based on the fact that the entire foundation of ncaa was based on users creating likeness of entire teams in cfb giving users a option to create fictional and drafts with players we either want or believe will enter the draft would not bring a lawsuit, in nba 2k people in the os community create years of fictional draft classes that are made up and given story lines some people make classes of the players they think will enter the draft, as a offline user I believe we should have the option to do this or use ea "random" rookie class because i really enjoy drafting 90 ovr rookies (sarcasm)

# 48 gzenius @ 08/06/14 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I don't see the issue with requiring 3 qbs. Much better than two qbs going down and you putting in the punter.

Granted, if they gave us practice squad, etc.. We wouldn't have to worry about only having 53 guys.
i'd rather have them fix the actual problem. roster requirements suck, we'll probably be forced to have 10 OL again when most teams only carry 9.

# 49 RogueHominid @ 08/06/14 09:52 PM
Okay, I really like that confidence never resets and reflects a cumulative judgment by the player on the roster moves I make as an owner. It really sounds like team-building strategy matters this year, which I love.

# 50 jmurphy31 @ 08/06/14 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Oh dear god, I just heard the part about the QB injury thing.

So they put position requirements back in. They are going to force me to carry 3 QBs and they are happy about that??

Why not just fix the bug?
According to a blog by a game changer he said this is fixed for 15. If you carry two QBs and now if your starter get hurts he stays hurt. You know longer have to carry 3 QBs for injuries to work.

# 51 friscob @ 08/06/14 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
You can't edit draft classes in madden because of the same reason you can't do it on NBA2k.
That's weird b/c i have used a draft class with wiggins, parker, randle, embiid, etc in 2K.

Great video. A few things i didn't like hearing but plenty of positives to make up for it.

# 52 NDAlum @ 08/06/14 10:59 PM
Watched the entire thing and Looman comes off as a great guy who really cares about the game. I like his vision and I respect the passion he shows.

Very pleased about what I heard in that video.

# 53 juduking @ 08/06/14 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens2052
Josh Looman is so far behind, he doesn't know what we truly want. He think he does, but yet he does something so simple as upgrading practice but neglects, FA/Draft AI, CFM presentation, he is clueless.

It's no wonder why EA keeps him, he is a perfect yes man. So many of us here on this board would do so better at making CFM, it seems he forgot how to bring coding from Head Coach to Madden. He gave everything we ever wanted in Madden in Head Coach. Yet refuses to bring any of it over. Shows he doesn't want to use the full potential of the PS4/Xbox 1. He rather leave it bare with minimal improvements.
Did you even watch the video? If not Ill let you in on something. Every thing you just complained about, Looman claimed they worked on or tweaked, or changed in some manner for the better. He is not clueless, as he states in the video that "every year he is trying to add more and more features from Head Coach 09". How exactly does that make him a "clueless yes man"?

# 54 danknerd @ 08/06/14 11:25 PM
Near the 10 min mark Josh said the amount of time for personal player drills is dictated by the time between games played, like if you play on Monday Night then on Thursday night... WAIT! WHAT? That never happens, it won't happen and as a person making a NFL game I expect you to know this! Even you aren't a fan of the sport you are required to know this, but if you are a fan of the sport who is making the only NFL game on the market and you don't know this? Well you are NOT a fan of the sport.

# 55 danknerd @ 08/06/14 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fearme504
So if a team has a Monday game and the next week has a Sunday game they don't have less time to prepare for the next game?
Yes they do, but no team will go from MNF to THF, to even add it to the comparison means he doesn't have the proper knowledge to make the only NFL game on the market. My favorite football video game is HC09, which he was responsible for... but maybe it was fluke or had a better, more knowledgeable team around him then.

# 56 m1ke_nyc @ 08/06/14 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danknerd
Yes they do, but no team will go from MNF to THF, to even add it to the comparison means he doesn't have the proper knowledge to make the only NFL game on the market. My favorite football video game is HC09, which he was responsible for... but maybe it was fluke or had a better, more knowledgeable team around him then.
I think your overreacting. Josh was simply providing an example and used an extreme situation to get his point across. I dont think that example makes him any more or less qualified for his position.

Just gotta say I loved this video and I'm truly excited to dive into a cfm. I feel like I may finally put some years into a franchise again.

# 57 DeuceDouglas @ 08/06/14 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danknerd
I think he probably just misspoke and was using the example of if you have a TNF game you'll have far less time than you would a Sunday game. And if you have a MNF game you'll have a little more time than you normally would. That's what I took from it.

# 58 hofields @ 08/07/14 12:25 AM
After watching the video I am even more excited to try out this years game. Lots of solid changes should provide even more replay value for cfm alone along with increased strategies and chess matches in online cfm.

If all of these features work and the gameplay changes are well implemented this could be a huge step for this gen and a long way ahead of the 2nd iteration last gen.

# 59 danknerd @ 08/07/14 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
I think your overreacting. Josh was simply providing an example and used an extreme situation to get his point across. I dont think that example makes him any more or less qualified for his position.

Just gotta say I loved this video and I'm truly excited to dive into a cfm. I feel like I may finally put some years into a franchise again.
I'm excited too, don't care about editing draft classes as I'm not into CFB and once 5-6 years in it doesn't matter what the draft class names are. Maybe I am overreacting, it just irked me hearing the lead dev of the game misspeak.

# 60 mavfan21 @ 08/07/14 01:11 AM
I'm in. 1 Hundo.

Sounds great and seems like it will feel very fresh and upgraded. A welcome change from the small improvement made between 13 and 25.

Can't wait.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.