Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Now that all of the team ratings are out, here they are ranked 1-32 by their overall rating:

1. Seattle Seahawks - Overall 91
  2. San Francisco 49ers - Overall 90
  3. Denver Broncos - Overall 90
  4. New England Patriots - Overall 88
  5. Green Bay Packers - Overall 88
  6. New Orleans Saints - Overall 86
  7. Cincinnati Bengals - Overall 86
  8. Philadelphia Eagles - Overall 85
  9. Carolina Panthers - Overall 84
  10. Baltimore Ravens - Overall 84
  11. Chicago Bears - Overall 84
  12. San Diego Chargers - Overall 83
  13. Indianapolis Colts - Overall 83
  14. Kansas City Chiefs - Overall 82
  15. Dallas Cowboys - Overall 81
  16. Arizona Cardinals - Overall 80
  17. Detroit Lions - Overall 80
  18. Atlanta Falcons - Overall 79
  19. Miami Dolphins - Overall 79
  20. New York Jets - Overall 78
  21. Pittsburgh Steelers - Overall 78
  22. St. Louis Rams - Overall 77
  23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Overall 77
  24. Houston Texans - Overall 76
  25. New York Giants - Overall 76
  26. Minnesota Vikings - Overall 76
  27. Washington Redskins - Overall 75
  28. Buffalo Bills - Overall 75
  29. Cleveland Browns - Overall 75
  30. Tennessee Titans - Overall 74
  31. Jacksonville Jaguars - Overall 73
  32. Oakland Raiders - Overall 72

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DUDERMAN @ 08/07/14 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
The Eagles defense gave up a lot of YPG last season, and they had 2 or 3 really bad games pointwise. But they had a pretty long stretch through the season when they gave up less than 20 points in each of the games. They were a bend and not break defense last season. Their offense was great so I think their rating seems right.
I think most of the ratings are accurate except the Raiders don't deserve to be dead last.
Eagles were ranked 29th in defense due to the large amount of yards given up. However, when you consider that they had the most defensive snaps in the league, that shouldn't be surprising. If you look at yards given up per play, they were 12th in the league.... that's pretty darn good.

They were also 5th in take aways and 17th in points (with only two real blowouts in the Denver game and Minnesota game).

The Eagles defense is not nearly as bad as people think and if they can generate a consistent pass rush, they will be a force.

# 62 HerFaceDoe @ 08/07/14 12:17 PM
The ratings are accurate for the most part. I think most of the debate is for the bottom tier teams. Seems like EA went purely by last year's outcomes and discounted off-season upgrades. I agree that the Raiders should not be at the bottom. Schaub is no where near as awful as he was last year.

# 63 raiderphantom @ 08/07/14 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSaints7
Still can not believe the packers are an 88. They won what? 7 games last year, or 8?
Rodgers missed half the season.

# 64 noplace @ 08/07/14 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtswag187
how are the Cards worse then the Cowboys?
Because they have more fans in Arizona than the Cards.. In all seriousness EA is a joke.. The Palace Cowgirls had the worst defense ever last season and lost their best players yet they still are rated in the 80's.. What a joke.. I assume FA and injuries don’t play a part in ratings.. Smh...

# 65 ZoNaCats @ 08/07/14 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyboy180
two words: Matt Schaub.
Haha that's awesome

# 66 noplace @ 08/07/14 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
The Redskins had the 9th ranked offense and a 18th ranked defense and they are at the bottom with the usual suspects. I understand that their record was suspect, 75. They are better than their record.

As long as dictator Donny is in charge, the Redskins won't get the favorable love given to the other teams.

Chisty!
Exactly, and Dallas has the worst defense ever and lose their top players like Ware, Hatcher and overrated S. Lee but still ranked ahead of Washington and NY? Dont get me wrong I hate the Eagles, Giants and Cowgirls but the Dallas love is kinda silly considering they did nothing to get better this offseason not to mention the loses in FA and injury. Everyone else got better....

# 67 ZoNaCats @ 08/07/14 01:05 PM
So my CFM is going to be one of these...

Tennessee Titans - Overall 74
Jacksonville Jaguars - Overall 73
Oakland Raiders - Overall 72

# 68 Gorilla Glass @ 08/07/14 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Because they have more fans in Arizona than the Cards.. In all seriousness EA is a joke.. The Palace Cowgirls had the worst defense ever last season and lost their best players yet they still are rated in the 80's.. What a joke.. I assume FA and injuries don’t play a part in ratings.. Smh...
I saw that too, but I ain't say nothing though.

How about how Donny raped RG3 stats back in 2012-2013? Andrew Luck throws a Int, he would receive a bump or nothing got touched, but if RG3 threw one he would take a hit or two.

Twitter was buzzing about how Donny rated the the Skins and mostly from non Redskins fans. SMH.

# 69 noplace @ 08/07/14 01:23 PM
Quote:
I saw that too, but I ain't say nothing though.

How about how Donny raped RG3 stats back in 2012-2013? Andrew Luck throws a Int, he would receive a bump or nothing got touched, but if RG3 threw one he would take a hit or two.

Twitter was buzzing about how Donny rated the the Skins and mostly from non Redskins fans. SMH.
Yeah his logic just doesnt make sense.. If you're gonna go by records from last season how is Houston rated above the Skins? If you're gonna go by projections based off the FA, draft and talent how is Dallas rated in the 80's and above the Cards or Skins when they got worse during the offseason? Makes zero sense...

# 70 rovert22044 @ 08/07/14 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanchus
its pretty nice to see the ravens having an 8-8 season and still ranked 10th

from the eye ball test one would say the Ravens would be 15 or below overall rated but with the roster moves and pitta being back and strong draft (very strong especially defensively) and the fact we got Gary Kubiak ( the most underrated move of the offseason, i think the is the biggest move by anyone we will finally get away from that stale piece of crock offense by whatever his name is cam buttmeron and jim caldwell keeping the same overall idea of the offense)

its refreshing to see that from teams 18-8 are only seperated by a few points

some teams are underrated and some are overrated but in total i think the ratings came out good at least team wise...
I'm going to stop you right here. I was reading this thread all calmly until I saw this sentence I bolded...

You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about if you think grabbing Kubiak is a good thing. If you watch any Texans' football the past 3-4 years, you'd see Kubiak is an atrocious coach and play caller. The main problem is not his knowledge, but how insanely predictable he is. Last year, we were made to be worse than we really were, but that's because Kubiak cannot make a play call to save his life.

Enjoy running the ball on 3rd down with 7+ yards to go. He basically gives up and goes, "Meh. We aren't going to convert on 3rd down anyway. Might as well get a few extra yards to get this punt closer to the goal line."

If anything, this move made your team worse.

/end rant

# 71 rovert22044 @ 08/07/14 01:42 PM
Quote:
Eh, Im not sure of the formula for putting together the overall rankings.

Maybe its just me, but a team that lost 14 games in a row, have the worst record and be ranked higher (whether 1 point or not) than teams that did better is wrong, regardless.
9 of our 14 losses last season were decided by a touchdown or less. We got rid of the two main problems in Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips (though he did good when he first got here, he was way too predictable), then toss in Matt Schaub. Pair that with a solid draft class (addition of JDC), the return of Arian Foster, and the return of Brian Cushing, I think we'll be better than ever. Not to mention we got arguably one of the top head coaches on the market in Bill O'Brien, who is a Bill Belichick prodigy (inb4sohesacheater).

The Texans got better this offseason. Not a huge amount better, but better. The fact that the Raiders are starting a QB that was our 3rd stringer last year and how ridiculously terrible he was speaks volumes (inb4OMGITWASONEYEAR).

# 72 Gorilla Glass @ 08/07/14 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
9 of our 14 losses last season were decided by a touchdown or less. We got rid of the two main problems in Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips (though he did good when he first got here, he was way too predictable), then toss in Matt Schaub. Pair that with a solid draft class (addition of JDC), the return of Arian Foster, and the return of Brian Cushing, I think we'll be better than ever. Not to mention we got arguably one of the top head coaches on the market in Bill O'Brien, who is a Bill Belichick prodigy (inb4sohesacheater).

The Texans got better this offseason. Not a huge amount better, but better. The fact that the Raiders are starting a QB that was our 3rd stringer last year and how ridiculously terrible he was speaks volumes (inb4OMGITWASONEYEAR).
Your defense kept you guys in games, but they spent too much time on field.
3 and outs killed you guys.

We're talking an attacking 34 defense. They need pace or a running game to keep them fresh.

Wade was far from your problem.

# 73 tikibarber @ 08/07/14 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Exactly, and Dallas has the worst defense ever and lose their top players like Ware, Hatcher and overrated S. Lee but still ranked ahead of Washington and NY? Dont get me wrong I hate the Eagles, Giants and Cowgirls but the Dallas love is kinda silly considering they did nothing to get better this offseason not to mention the loses in FA and injury. Everyone else got better....
Man tell me about it, I can't understand it. How the heck does the cowboysfinish 1 game ahead of the giants, have a historically bad defense, lose Ware and Hatcher, have one of the worst clutch qb's in the game and finish 5 points higher...makes no sense.

# 74 Find_the_Door @ 08/07/14 02:49 PM
I think Dallas getting "worse" is a foolish assumption. Ware hasn't been the same since his neck injury against San Diego, and he rarely saw the field last season at full go.

The Cowboys have been playing without Sean Lee for quite a few games and have adequate replacements for him.

The addition of Melton is an upgrade over Hatcher when age is factored. Dallas wasn't going to pay an aged interior lineman after a contract year (smart move).

Dallas trimmed a lot of the fat - to say they made no progress is simply hatred, and is a bold statement coming from a team that performed as poorly as it did last year and has a new head coach because of it.

# 75 sdthadh @ 08/07/14 09:28 PM
Looks good I agree with the rating for the Dallas Cowboys,.

# 76 bmj2k7 @ 08/07/14 10:42 PM
Surprised CIN was in the top 10, and not CHI. CHI had a high octane O last season.

# 77 blklightning @ 08/08/14 08:18 AM
How bout them Cowboys. Didn't even think they'd be in the top 25.

# 78 William85 @ 08/08/14 10:30 AM
After looking over the rankings , they obviously got the top 4 right. After that , I see things a little different. I think NO and Cin should be moved ahead of GB. It think Chi and Ari should be a little higher. Ari had some good wins and finished 10-6 in the toughest division in football. Indy should be higher. Wins over Sea , SF , and Den last season and a pretty good team coming back. Dallas should be lower. They beat no relevant teams except Philly and the defense was horrible. KC is fools gold . Go look at who they beat. They played a last place schedule and beat up on the dogs of the league . They faced Probowl level QBs 6 times and only beat one ( Tony Romo). As for the bottom half , I guess I would move the Rams up a little. I also think the Redskins will be better , plus they get to be KC this year and play a last place schedule and beat up on some dogs. Oh , and I almost forgot about Carolina. Three words describe them to me ... First to worst.

# 79 IUxHOOSIERS @ 08/08/14 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by William85
After looking over the rankings , they obviously got the top 4 right. After that , I see things a little different. I think NO and Cin should be moved ahead of GB. It think Chi and Ari should be a little higher. Ari had some good wins and finished 10-6 in the toughest division in football. Indy should be higher. Wins over Sea , SF , and Den last season and a pretty good team coming back. Dallas should be lower. They beat no relevant teams except Philly and the defense was horrible. KC is fools gold . Go look at who they beat. They played a last place schedule and beat up on the dogs of the league . They faced Probowl level QBs 6 times and only beat one ( Tony Romo). As for the bottom half , I guess I would move the Rams up a little. I also think the Redskins will be better , plus they get to be KC this year and play a last place schedule and beat up on some dogs. Oh , and I almost forgot about Carolina. Three words describe them to me ... First to worst.
Well said. I'm glad a division foe agrees that my Colts should get some more love not only on Madden but in general NFL discussions. Our offense is lethal and people want to rip our defense but it's not that bad.

# 80 TeamHawkins @ 08/08/14 05:27 PM
These rankings are horrible which is why I can't stand Madden every year. They base the teams off what they did the previous year. With tons of player movement there is ZERO WAY a team should be ranked identical to the previous year. Example: The Chiefs were 4-12 two seasons ago. The following year in Madden, last season, they come in ranked awful. They have a great year and make the playoffs. EA rankings fail.

If player rankings matter in the game, then all the movement would effect overall team rankings heading into the year. But in this game they do not because everything is preprogrammed and already planned. Which is why you can't take your beloved team who is ranked 76 in the game, and expect to beat some bum online who has to use the Seattle Seahawks to even compete with you. But he'll win simply because the game is already programmed for your weaker team to lose no matter how great you are at the game, and how bad he is.

Enter - Glitching and Cheating. Which is why this is done year after year in this game because of all of the above factors that EA can't get right.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.