Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 cover athlete and NBA Most Valuable Player Kevin Durant released the first gameplay footage of NBA 2K15 on his Instagram account today. Here is the full video.

The footage features new animations and a sneak peak at some of the new crowd elements coming to the game.

NBA 2K15 arrives on October 7th for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 UNabomb @ 08/07/14 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim Ball
Well, a two-man posterizer dunk animation is honestly the last thing I wanted to see...

I know how you feel about it because I feel the same way, the only thing I got from that dunk is that we are still getting canned animations, again.

# 42 cthurt @ 08/07/14 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
As an equipment and accessories guy, disappointed but not surprised that shoes are still a mess, the new KD 7 is not a high top, not even close.
I feel you on this, I also noticed they still dont have the NBA logo on the socks again this year, I figured it wasnt in 2k14 becuase it was the first year on a new system but I see i was wrong.

# 43 iRatedxR @ 08/07/14 02:17 PM
I know this doesn't mean much but the net looks wayyyyy better

# 44 Daddy123 @ 08/07/14 02:17 PM
Nice little video, Steve posted a comparison on twitter.. the body in 2k15 looks more defined. I don't think they can get face any better, they went all out last year and exceeded everybody's expectations

# 45 ShaiLeGran @ 08/07/14 02:20 PM
Nobody else noticed the mascot in the beginning?

# 46 grodbetatted @ 08/07/14 02:25 PM
Looks like a shiny version of 2k

# 47 Factzzz @ 08/07/14 02:26 PM
They need to make more models of shoes, like the way they're shaped.

Right now i believe they only have 3, low, mid, and high.

But that's not nearly enough, all shoes are unique and it's a bad representation of the KD 7s.

# 48 Vni @ 08/07/14 02:27 PM
I can't tell if they made the court in a higher resolution in that clip. In 2K14 the court really stands out. It looks too clean, plain and not detailed.

# 49 tnixen @ 08/07/14 02:33 PM
I think I see team Mascots and possibly girl dancers now on the court in realtime

# 50 zizoux @ 08/07/14 02:34 PM
It looks like signature dribbling animations are back! Yayy

Also the rim and the net look way better

# 51 quehouston @ 08/07/14 02:36 PM
Dribbling is a lot smoother, lighting looks a little better, crowd details are nice.

But its time to start giving shoes their own models. It was such a letdown seeing 2k not improve in this area. That new KD7 silhouette is gorgeous, and 2k doesn't do them justice. Its time to get away from just skinning the Low, Mid, and High templates and give shoes their own unique shapes and models.

And i wasn't a huge fan of the canned poster animation, of course. But I expected no different. I would have preferred it been in a realistic context. He beat Iggy off the dribble, then posterized..Iggy. Why not show some help coming over?

All in all it looks like a tune up job of 2k14, which I'm absolutely okay with, as long as we get the improvements in the modes to support that.

# 52 NINJAK2 @ 08/07/14 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Nope. More on that later...

Nice little teaser..

Should the 360/ps3 versions expect a video of a new look durant as well?

# 53 woody47 @ 08/07/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
Nope. More on that later...
LD2k u guys have to have your trailer rosters on point and stop using templates! Those kd's are low top but you have the coding in a mid top template just like all the players last year! DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE WITH FILLING IN TEMPLATES NOT KNOWING THEY MUST BE CHANGED. Please olayer likeness is everything beside gameplay. Go to player edit and take his shoulders in and make his legs longer. I'm tired of doing this on my own it's getting old after 1 year already.

# 54 turty11 @ 08/07/14 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quehouston
. I would have preferred it been in a realistic context. He beat Iggy off the dribble, then posterized..Iggy. Why not show some help coming over?
because 2k15 is going to continue the trend of MIA help defense --watch the video they were all just standing there except someone going for a rebound...--- and canned/forced animations

# 55 Phreezy P @ 08/07/14 02:48 PM
Mascots are back.

# 56 stillfeelme @ 08/07/14 02:52 PM
  • Dribble animations sizeups much improved much smoother about the best thing I saw
  • Improved "sweat tech" on models
  • Improved footwork on models less sliding on the crossover
  • Fatheads in the crowd nice touch (hopefully other signs are there)

# 57 Gramps91 @ 08/07/14 02:56 PM
Fat head in audience was pretty cool. Still waiting on GM Mode news. Depends on what happens there really.

# 58 Bowinkle08 @ 08/07/14 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Same Durant from 2K14. The expression is likely throwing it off. Straight face, 2K14 had him dead on.

I like the fatheads, leg sleeves and dribble anims.
he looked different to me

# 59 JBulls @ 08/07/14 02:59 PM
I really, really hate that animation at 00:14.

# 60 sticks323 @ 08/07/14 02:59 PM
This was terrible and useless. Teaser trailers are the worst. Really crowd elements? So now every star is gonna have a fathead in the crowd? I don't care about that. What new animations were there in this slow motion pre rendered footage? Show in game footage or a trailer for a mode. No more teaser crap

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.