Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

As mentioned back in June, Scott O'Gallagher (AKA OG) left the NBA Live team. There was a very strong rumor leading up to today, that he was indeed heading to 2K Sports to join the NBA 2K team.

Doug Veney of GoodGameBro noticed a slight change in OG's twitter profile and it is now confirmed. Scott is now a Gameplay Producer for the NBA 2K series.

Hopefully Scott can chime in from time to time, with NBA 2K details, just as he did with the NBA Live series. Let's all wish him the best of luck.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 RocketTMac1 @ 08/09/14 03:04 PM
Welcome to the Dream Team. With MyLeague coming into 2K15 I say this is a great edition. As Leftos has explained this is a dream come true and has me even more excited for 2K15 and beyond for MyLeague.

# 22 strawberryshortcake @ 08/09/14 03:16 PM
Excited about NBA2k15, but this potential power move doesn't really change the way I feel. Won't really know what to make of it until '15 is released. The initial rumors about the move were true. Still buying '15 day one. Nothing changes.

Congratulations on the move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Maybe he can help improve spacing. That is one gameplay element that I thought was better between the '14 games. Anyways, congrats on the new job and good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
from the kd iso we saw spacing doesnt look like in issue.

granted its because all the defenders looked like they didnt know a play was going on and just standing on the perimiter lol
This lack of help defensive awareness was present from Live 14's demo. It is an unknown if this could be part of the O'Gallagher influence, or other factors at work. It's a waiting game at the moment. My excitement level for 2k15 is still the same ... buying day one.

# 23 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/09/14 03:20 PM
I hope we get some news about the gameplay news soon . Interested to see how he helped the team .

# 24 Sundown @ 08/09/14 03:23 PM
NBA LOLive

# 25 Vni @ 08/09/14 03:27 PM
I hope we'll get the Jesus Bynum feature for 2K16.

# 26 and1product @ 08/09/14 04:14 PM
Funny, what if this Scott O'Gallagher fellow pulls a Mike Wang and leaves 2k after one year and goes back to EA? He'll be like "I've got it, I've got 2ks blueprint and now We can save Nba live.

# 27 stillfeelme @ 08/09/14 04:50 PM
I guess this is something we thought was true already and this is the first confirmation.

I guess I hope he can put his foot in the following areas:
  • Signature dribbling smoothness of sizeups, crosses and transitions between animations
  • Team specific defense settings on defending the pick and roll and defense control in general.
  • Team specific offense sets updates say updating the playbook for plays that teams are running

# 28 turty11 @ 08/09/14 04:57 PM
still , from what we have seen in that 5 seconds of gameplay and been told its all there

# 29 stillfeelme @ 08/09/14 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
still , from what we have seen in that 5 seconds of gameplay and been told its all there

Yeah the smoothness is definitely improved. I really like what he did on that first year with the dribbling in Live. I just want the signature aspect and the rest of the bullet items which I think is right up his alley.

# 30 Guard-ian @ 08/09/14 05:27 PM
I don't know what the guy can do but, as an ex-professional player I hope he will help the 2k franchise to find the the Sim route again... I mean, playing basketball (with the game) should be as effective (if not more) than just playing around looking for exploits...

Cheers! ;-)

# 31 thedream2k13 @ 08/09/14 05:54 PM
Isn't he doing NBA live interviews ? Anyways I hope he has great influence on gameplay to make it more realistic.

I'm the words of the great Daniel bryant , YES YES YES YES YES YES

# 32 thedream2k13 @ 08/09/14 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Well whoever he is...i hope he help change the way game play work with 2k14. The game is basically hard to control due to heavy use of animations for gameplay.
Most of it requires timing to control aspects of the game. Nothing should be fully controlled or you have NBA elite

# 33 thedream2k13 @ 08/09/14 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
Hopefully he adds more live into 2k.
No please no

# 34 LingeringRegime @ 08/09/14 06:13 PM
Something that Live 10 did so well was the spacing on the court. I hope this can be brought into 2k15.

# 35 jadert @ 08/09/14 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
No please no
Lol. I thought this EXACTLY!

# 36 thedream2k13 @ 08/09/14 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
This is FACT, NBA live is superior to 2k in every way. 2K always switches who's guarding who even when u assign that player to stay with a certain man, Live didn't have this problem.
Switching defenders has nothing to do with spacing

# 37 youvalss @ 08/09/14 07:12 PM
One thing I hope he brings to 2K is the running animation from Live. You must be thinking I lost it, but no. What I mean is that if you look at how Roy Hibbert, for example, is running in Live - it's just like his real life running style (forget that everyone runs like that in the other game).

I hope that some day there will be several different running animations, so we can choose one running style for each player. Wouldn't it be great to have this?

# 38 23 @ 08/09/14 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
One thing I hope he brings to 2K is the running animation from Live. You must be thinking I lost it, but no. What I mean is that if you look at how Roy Hibbert, for example, is running in Live - it's just like his real life running style (forget that everyone runs like that in the other game).

I hope that some day there will be several different running animations, so we can choose one running style for each player. Wouldn't it be great to have this?

Well what you really mean is, 2k players sprint like the NFL2k players do.. which isnt shocking since some of them are likely on the team.

I also would like to see them run like athletes and not like theyre weighed down with invisible equipment

# 39 thedream2k13 @ 08/09/14 07:19 PM
Something I would like to see from live is the interior defense.when your strategy was to play zone and stop pip lovers it worked because Durant wasn't dunking on 3 of your defenders every time. 2k has had a paint scoring ease issue for years but it improved on nextgen 14.

Almost forgot the default online game speed of NG 14 is like playing sonic the hedgehog with the excessive recovery speed of defenders on the perimeter

# 40 turty11 @ 08/09/14 07:34 PM
if everyone runs the same speed in 2k15 this means nothing...

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.