Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

As mentioned back in June, Scott O'Gallagher (AKA OG) left the NBA Live team. There was a very strong rumor leading up to today, that he was indeed heading to 2K Sports to join the NBA 2K team.

Doug Veney of GoodGameBro noticed a slight change in OG's twitter profile and it is now confirmed. Scott is now a Gameplay Producer for the NBA 2K series.

Hopefully Scott can chime in from time to time, with NBA 2K details, just as he did with the NBA Live series. Let's all wish him the best of luck.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Goffs @ 08/12/14 08:02 PM
What's up with people calling out devs all of the sudden?

# 82 OGSPORTS @ 08/12/14 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
this guy and his kobe responses
you got to love em right?

# 83 23 @ 08/12/14 09:13 PM
Kobe gifs are the best... just not enough of them out there. Appropriate for all of this "news"

# 84 2_headedmonster @ 08/12/14 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
you got to love em right?
you know it... i'm a 24>23 guy *runs before the tomatoes fly*

# 85 Haval93 @ 08/12/14 09:23 PM
Congrats Scott on joining the team. Regardless of what game you play, having more sim guys like Leftos and Scott are great for basketball games.

# 86 23 @ 08/12/14 09:31 PM
Quote:
you know it... i'm a 24>23 guy *runs before the tomatoes fly*
You gonna run with Paul George in 2k this year? Gotcha

# 87 OGSPORTS @ 08/12/14 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live2K
OG you still gonna play live? You hyped that game up pretty good as a more sim offering. Why should we trust you with your 2k endeavors?
Does KD watch film of the opposing team before they play each other?

# 88 Gosens6 @ 08/12/14 10:56 PM
After all the flack we gave 2K last year, I'm happy to see they're finally back on track with their sim first perspective.

It's refreshing to hopefully, finally have our beloved 2K basketball back!

Also, congrats OG! Another great addition to the team.

# 89 thedream2k13 @ 08/12/14 11:13 PM
Damn 2k has put together a dream team I don't know how the competition can compete anymore.

# 90 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/13/14 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
Does KD watch film of the opposing team before they play each other?
Surprise you didn't mention Kobe .

# 91 2_headedmonster @ 08/13/14 12:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
lol hopefully since we have another kobe fan on the team we can get him on one more cover. i mean A.I got like 30.

# 92 snocone @ 08/13/14 12:56 AM
Quote:
lol hopefully since we have another kobe fan on the team we can get him on one more cover. i mean A.I got like 30.
Lets just wait a few years for Julius Randle to do it

# 93 Matty Aqua @ 08/13/14 01:04 AM
Welcome aboard OG

# 94 OGSPORTS @ 08/13/14 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Haha... you got me. I can't believe I didn't mention him either. Weak move by me.

# 95 OGSPORTS @ 08/13/14 02:38 AM
As I scan through this thread, I would like to thank all of you for the very generous responses to my announcement! Community transparency is big to me, so receiving this type of response is humbling. Like Mike(Beluba) mentioned earlier, this is an amazing group of guys and it doesn’t take you long to figure that out. Mike is the leader of this gameplay ship and has been for a long time now, an amazing talent that I’m excited to work with. This studio has been making great 90 meta-critic basketball games long before I arrived; I’m just glad to be a part of this squad and excited to see what the future will hold.
#WinnersWin

# 96 23 @ 08/13/14 02:41 AM
OG will you get a chance to speak on some of the things you worked on at a later date?

If you've been there longer than 2 weeks that is

# 97 yungsta404 @ 08/13/14 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Something I would like to see from live is the interior defense.when your strategy was to play zone and stop pip lovers it worked because Durant wasn't dunking on 3 of your defenders every time. 2k has had a paint scoring ease issue for years but it improved on nextgen 14.

Almost forgot the default online game speed of NG 14 is like playing sonic the hedgehog with the excessive recovery speed of defenders on the perimeter
yea nba live 10's paint defense is legit. 2k's paint defense is a long legacy issue, so I dont think its something that can be fixed in a short period of time.

# 98 King_B_Mack @ 08/13/14 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoti34
#Winnersdon'trespondwithKobeGifs

Transparency means nothing to you. If so, you would be transparent on when you started with 2K and the role you are having on this year's game. Instead, you leave Leftos high and dry and respond with Kobe gifs. What does a Kobe gif have to do with your impact on 2K15? And then Mike chimes in with corporate speak. Probably cause Leftos's comments caught the attention of legal.

Captain Obvious (aka me), pumped the brakes on your hype train and you respond with Kobe Gifs. Kobe is a PR nightmare and so is your lack of transparency. You can take the man out of EA, but you can't take the EA out of the man.

If anyone thinks that someone with one sub 40 metacritic rated game under his/her belt, is going to come in and have a significant impact on a game that will hit the shelf's in 1.5 months, you're littering and smoking the reefer.

NBA 2K has hit the 'uncanny valley' of sports video game development. They will need a lot more than OG to get them out of it.

# 99 The 24th Letter @ 08/13/14 02:09 PM
aight Ghoti

# 100 23 @ 08/13/14 02:12 PM
Sigh...

I tried yall

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.