Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

Last week we had a chance to sit in on a conference call to discuss the new mode in WWE 2K15, 2K Showcase. This mode will feature two of the top rivalries in WWE history, Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels from 2002 through 2004 and John Cena vs. CM Punk from 2011 through 2013. Yes, you read that correctly, CM Punk is in WWE 2K15 and featured in the new mode in a major way.

The rivalries will be played out over the course of 33 matches. It will also be presented like a mini documentary produced by the WWE themselves, so we will see live action interviews as well as other video cuts. 2K emphasized that they want moments played out exactly the same way they did on TV. Throughout playing the mode you will unlock wrestlers, game play modes and different wrestler outfits as well. They also stated that new rivalries would be coming out in the future via DLC, but they aren’t ready to discuss any of those right now.

The John Cena vs. CM Punk rivalry mode will be playable at Gamescom in Germany and over SummerSlam weekend in Los Angeles.

Shawn Michaels was on the conference call as well and stated that in his 25 years of wrestling, that having his face captured for WWE 2K15 on PS4/Xbox One was the most cameras he had ever been in front of at one time. He was very proud that his career would be exposed to future generations via this game and how lifelike it looks.

WWE 2K15 is set to launch on October 28th for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.

Read the full press release below.

2K today announced details of 2K Showcase, the story-driven single-player campaign in WWE® 2K15, the forthcoming release in the flagship WWE video game franchise. Through high quality cinematics and historic WWE footage, players will intimately explore two notable WWE rivalries: the bitter rivalry between Triple H® and Shawn Michaels® from 2002 to 2004, as well as WWE 2K15 cover Superstar John Cena® and CM Punk®’s spirited rivalry spanning 2011 to 2013.

“The moment Triple H ended his longtime friendship with ‘The Heartbreak Kid’ by slamming him with a Pedigree was a defining moment in WWE history,” said Chris Snyder, Vice President of Marketing at 2K. “No fan can deny the fierce competition marking the notorious battles waged between Cena and Punk. These two rivalries are firmly etched in WWE history, and 2K Showcase enables fans to take part in those memorable experiences.”

2K Showcase will tell the epic history of the two rivalries through documentary-style video packages of classic WWE footage, authentic WWE Superstar commentary and cinematic cut scenes. In the 33 available matches across the rivalries, players will be tasked with completing a set of bonus historical objectives that will unlock new WWE Superstars, Championship titles and alternate attire that can be used in all other WWE 2K15 game modes. With this wealth of unlockable content, players can recreate current rivalries or stage dream matchups between WWE Superstars of the past and present. Additional 2K Showcase rivalries will be made available via downloadable content following the game’s scheduled release on October 28, 2014 in North America and October 31, 2014 internationally.

“Featuring two of the biggest rivalries in WWE history, including my storied matches with Shawn Michaels, there’s no doubt fans will experience the thrill first-hand through WWE 2K15,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative at WWE. “2K Showcase brings WWE to life in a way our fans have never seen before through a video game.”

WWE 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view WWE 2K15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 EAGLESFAN10 @ 08/11/14 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
They always release information early in the day.
I must not notice it all the time lol

# 22 m1ke_nyc @ 08/11/14 10:55 AM
Cool. I'm already convinced this Punk stuff is a work and he probably comes back at RR and wins.

# 23 RyanLaFalce @ 08/11/14 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Cool. I'm already convinced this Punk stuff is a work and he probably comes back at RR and wins.
I think the Royal Rumble is Daniel Bryan's to win.

# 24 cbiscuit @ 08/11/14 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
I think the Royal Rumble is Daniel Bryan's to win.
Either that or Roman Reigns

# 25 Aggies7 @ 08/11/14 11:19 AM
Personally not a fan of the CM Punk vs John Cena rivalry, but if it gets CM Punk in the game I will take it.

I do like the HHH vs HBK rivalry.

Will be interesting to see how they add the other rivalries via DLC, I would think that would have to be a large download for each rivalry.

# 26 RyanLaFalce @ 08/11/14 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Personally not a fan of the CM Punk vs John Cena rivalry, but if it gets CM Punk in the game I will take it.

I do like the HHH vs HBK rivalry.

Will be interesting to see how they add the other rivalries via DLC, I would think that would have to be a large download for each rivalry.
Hopefully with the HHH/HBK rivalry, chair shots to the head and blood are still in the game.

# 27 btrapp @ 08/11/14 11:33 AM
While I kinda understand hhh vs micheals, cm punk vs cena is in no way one the the greatest rivalries in wwe/wwf history. With all the rivalries they could have chosen, they picked that one.

# 28 King_B_Mack @ 08/11/14 11:34 AM
Wow, I stand corrected lol. This should be interesting to see how it works out. I like the HBK/HHH rivalry as that's never really been explored in depth before. The Punk/Cena is eh for me as it wasn't really all that great. The only great thing about that is going through the Summer of Punk which HHH/Nash ruined anyway. Definitely interested in the DLC rivalries and how they'll work as well.

Only thing I dread about the HHH/HBK one....

Spoiler

# 29 RyanLaFalce @ 08/11/14 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Wow, I stand corrected lol. This should be interesting to see how it works out. I like the HBK/HHH rivalry as that's never really been explored in depth before. The Punk/Cena is eh for me as it wasn't really all that great. The only great thing about that is going through the Summer of Punk which HHH/Nash ruined anyway. Definitely interested in the DLC rivalries and how they'll work as well.

Only thing I dread about the HHH/HBK one....

Spoiler
At first I thought it was HBK with the title that you dreaded. Then I read under the picture. Lol

# 30 Reed1417 @ 08/11/14 11:48 AM
I can't wait for this mode now! I get to re-live the HHH/HBK feud and I get to experience the Cena/Punk one as well! It's clobbering time!!!

# 31 Ermolli @ 08/11/14 12:32 PM
Since those those two rivalries are in the game which other wrestlers, alternative attires, arenas do you think will be included in the game?

# 32 bxphenom7 @ 08/11/14 12:42 PM
I'm excited! Especially since there will be more rivalries via DLC!

# 33 threattonature @ 08/11/14 12:52 PM
The real question is will the rivalry cover the WM main event that also featured Benoit.

# 34 Ermolli @ 08/11/14 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by threattonature
The real question is will the rivalry cover the WM main event that also featured Benoit.
Don't think so but then there's what 2K said to someone who went to the event:
Quote:
On Chris Benoit: 2K: “Can’t comment on it today.” It’s unsurprising, but also the quesiton I wanted to ask, given WM20. They’ll go into match details for the Showcase mode later on.

# 35 bigbob @ 08/11/14 01:13 PM
If Benoit was in the game.. Man. I'd love it. I've always loved his moveset and I'd put him in my top 10.

That said, I doubt it.

Shawn Michaels vs Triple H.. and than Hornswaggle interferes and steals the belt!

# 36 RyanLaFalce @ 08/11/14 01:16 PM
I thought Wrestlemania 20 was HBK vs. HHH vs. Vacant?

# 37 alifeincomplete @ 08/11/14 01:19 PM
That just secured a pre-order and I never pre-order games.

# 38 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/11/14 01:19 PM
I think they might let Benoit in the game and they will profit off it because regardless of what happen " off the Mat " he's still popular and respected for what he's done in ring . Nobody will condone what he did and they shouldn't but this is far as of recognition the WWE should go as of noticing Benoit along with the Network . I'm still a fan of beniot's in ring work and will forever be thankful for the shoes he put on . I hope they do add him for realism , you can't run from the past as much as you want ; better to stare it in the face . Sometimes the blacklash isn't as bad as you think . With Punk and Sting confirmed for this game already just adding Benoit will already make this one of the must owned WWE products .

# 39 CM Hooe @ 08/11/14 01:29 PM
I can't imagine WWE would let Chris Benoit appear in the game, or any game of theirs going forward. I would be genuinely surprised if he got in.

# 40 Reed1417 @ 08/11/14 01:36 PM
If Beniot isn't in then that kills the immersion of that feud for me. And 2k is all about authentic stuff. I can understand why the WWE wouldn't want him in and I get that but as many have said and I will say now, that one incident does not change what I think about the guy's in ring work. That's my focal point.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.