Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Looking at the list of upcoming demos for the week (via PlayStation.Blog), it doesn't appear as though we will see a Madden NFL 15 demo this week and odds are we won't see one next week either.

Things could change, but it doesn't look like we get a Madden demo this year. It could have something to do with EA Access, but that is an Xbox One exclusive. Who really knows, but it certainly doesn't look promising.

We have sent a note to EA Sports and if we get an official response we will update this post.

UPDATE: Just received an official response from EA Sports. Confirmed: No Madden NFL 15 demo.

UPDATE #2: (Polygon received a more detailed response)

Quote:
Update: While EA initially declined to comment on the reasons for the lack of a Madden 15 demo, an EA representative reached out to Polygon after the publication of this story with the following statement to provide some additional context: "The difficult decision not to do a demo for Madden was strictly a result of the team's commitment to deliver the highest-quality game possible. We chose to put 100 percent of our development resources toward the full game."

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gorilla Glass @ 08/11/14 10:39 AM
If I ran EA, I would just release practice mode and skill challenge.

Maybe even give the customer some head to head skill challenges.

I can't wait til next week.

# 22 LovejoyOTF @ 08/11/14 10:42 AM
well this is a turn up for the books. maybe it is an ea access thing.

# 23 Gorilla Glass @ 08/11/14 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Just received official response from EA Sports, updated OP.

CONFIRMED: No Madden NFL 15 demo.
Wow, so it's official.

# 24 Benz87 @ 08/11/14 10:45 AM
I'm buying either way, but definitely disappointed by this. It does not concern me that something is being hidden, last year was a blast and I doubt the game will regress, but I don't buy it being a "business decision" as other are saying. With how much money EA spends on marketing, I have no sympathy or understanding on them pinching pennies. If it is any type of business decision, it is more along the lines of trying to give a push to EA access. I'm sure there will be some out there who will buy EA Access to get the first look at Madden, a first look that the demo would have fulfilled.

# 25 russellmorris52 @ 08/11/14 10:46 AM
Wow this is lame , i have xbo and EA access so i will be playing on the 21st but its really not fair to Ps4 owners and last gen guys especially, who havent even heard much about their version of the game (which will surely be different gameplay wise as seen with madden 25). They dont even know what theyre getting , sure it will have all the features but it wont play the same and they dont even get to see it before hand. No gameplay , nothing jsut gotta go to the store and buy it and hope its not that much worse than the ps4/Xb1 version.

# 26 SickDL @ 08/11/14 10:47 AM
Was to be expected with ea acces coming. Sucks for all the ps4 users, but ill doubt ea will sell less copies over it.
im glad I got both and will get ea acces.

# 27 brandon27 @ 08/11/14 10:51 AM
I'm surprised by this really. It feels like Madden has always had a demo. I always liked playing it a bit early, just to get a feel for it, but I do admit I kind of like the idea of getting it this year on release and having that be the first momment. Honestly, it looks like enough has been upgraded, and added from visuals, to defense, to presentation, to CFM that it's worth it to me. I do have EA Access for the month, so I will get a trial with it, but I would prefer a demo rather than a potentially time limited trial.

Just a bit surprised because they've always had a demo it seems, but really in the grand scheme of things theres so many games that get released yearly that don't have demo's anymore.

# 28 mestevo @ 08/11/14 10:51 AM
Almost certainly means EA Access will be available to all Xbox One users before 8/21 then too I'd think.

# 29 Millennium @ 08/11/14 10:53 AM
Folks, a reminder that the Zero Tolerance policy took effect today. Please compose yourself and think before hitting the 'Submit Post' button.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

# 30 DGuinta1 @ 08/11/14 10:53 AM
Have to rely on early access XBOX folks for some good early impressions.

# 31 callmetaternuts @ 08/11/14 10:57 AM
Wow. Color me disappointed. Was looking forward to trying it on PS4 and X1 to see which I enjoyed more from a controller standpoint, plus wanted to see if the AI was truly up to par based on what they were saying.

Counting on you OSers with the EA Access, early retail and such to provide us some clarity on all the above!

# 32 aceoye @ 08/11/14 10:58 AM
So confirmed.. I will get it early through EA access but im a bit suprised. That means not even a demo for 360/PS3 too. They have been getting madden demos since 2007 I think?

# 33 ZAN @ 08/11/14 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
Haha - I knew it.

EA more than likely canned the Demo in anticipation of its new Access service and from a business standpoint, it's a smart move.

On the other hand, customers may see it as herding.
Why would it be herding?

The consumer has a responsibility in this situation as well. If you don't want to pay $5 for a month of EA Access to test out Madden before you buy it (which is better than the rental store fee you'll pay on August 26th, if they have a copy waiting for you when you show up) then it's up to you. EA isn't making anyone buy the EA Access.

But another thing that many don't realize is that the demo is rarely the gold-build of the game. It's usually a late-beta without every tweak that has been implemented (see past Maddens and how changes from demo to retail have been noticeable); because getting a demo in and approved by MS/Sony is a time consuming process as well.

# 34 Gorilla Glass @ 08/11/14 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAN
Why would it be herding?

The consumer has a responsibility in this situation as well. If you don't want to pay $5 for a month of EA Access to test out Madden before you buy it (which is better than the rental store fee you'll pay on August 26th, if they have a copy waiting for you when you show up) then it's up to you. EA isn't making anyone buy the EA Access.

But another thing that many don't realize is that the demo is rarely the gold-build of the game. It's usually a late-beta without every tweak that has been implemented (see past Madden's and how changes from demo to retail have been noticeable); because getting a demo in and approved by MS/Sony is a time consuming process as well.
I know all of that (^^^).

Guys will feel dismissed, due to the fact that the annual demo was canned for a well timed service.
It's not me, but I know that if I can think it, others will run with it; just saying...

# 35 aholbert32 @ 08/11/14 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
This is why I play the demos. I dont NEED a demo, but I like getting back into the swing of things and seeing how the new features play out before the retail version hits. So am I upset theres no demo? no. But am I going to miss it, sure. 2 weeks, and it's go time.
Exactly. For X1 people with EA Access, its only 9 days.

# 36 Cowboy008 @ 08/11/14 11:07 AM
I'm a little disappointed that we won't be getting a demo. Probably should have saw this coming though since they have EA access now. I'm still going to pick this up on the 26th and hopefully people who have EA access will upload some videos.

# 37 ZAN @ 08/11/14 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Glass
I know all of that (^^^).

Guys will feel dismissed, due to the fact that the annual demo was can for a well timed service.
It's not me, but I know that if I can think it, others will run with it; just saying...
I'm speaking more generically since your quote was a few pages back. Didn't want it to seem like a random monologue in a long thread. Hahaha

# 38 Aggies7 @ 08/11/14 11:11 AM
Only have PS4 and I am disappointed in no demo. But honestly, I am a franchise guy, so usually the demo is just a tease and I only play 2 or 3 games and I'm done.

# 39 mestevo @ 08/11/14 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I'm a little disappointed that we won't be getting a demo. Probably should have saw this coming though since they have EA access now. I'm still going to pick this up on the 26th and hopefully people who have EA access will upload some videos.
You can be certain Twitch and Youtube will be flooded with content come early access time.

Now for the only way for everyone to lose - if the early access is unnecessarily restrictive (time, modes, etc)

# 40 Gorilla Glass @ 08/11/14 11:20 AM
With the announcement of no Madden 15 Demo and EA Access dropping soon on the XBO, are you more inclined to buy an XBO?

I think this ^^ would make a great poll. Somebody pull the trigger.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.