Home
NHL 15 News Post

There are a variety of rumors and a distinct lack of news when it comes to the popular EASHL mode and its status in the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version of NHL 15. Today, Best Buy Canada added a lot of smoke to the no EASHL in XB1/PS4 NHL 15 fire by posting gameplay specs which tend to indicate the game will only support two-player online play. In comparison, the Xbox 360 version's product page shows 2-12 players are supported online, which fits with EASHL's requirements.

Up to this point, there has been no indication EASHL is in this year's game on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with a feature list from the American Best Buy website completely omitting EASHL as well. It stands to reason that EASHL might have been a difficult feature to program on newer generation consoles and the NHL team simply ran out of time. However, given the relative popularity of the mode, the possible absence of EASHL is something which will not go unnoticed by the NHL community.

Now granted, this is NOT confirmation from EA that EASHL is not in the game -- and it is entirely possible it is a mistake, so let's not all panic just yet. With a month to go until release, there are obviously many features we haven't heard about, so it's premature to lift this above idle speculation -- but there are some dots beginning to connect on this story. We have reached out to EA for comment on this and we will certainly update this post if/when that comes back to us.

H/T to @grayisthecolor on Twitter for alerting us to the Best Buy page and sending us down this rabbit hole this evening.

Update (Tuesday 1:30pm CST): A user on Reddit is claiming that there will be no EASHL or GM Connected in the game on X1/PS4 and that confirmation will come within a week or two. Of course, this is an unverified user on Reddit, so let's not get too panicky on this one. What the post does do is it continues to add smoke to the fire. We still haven't received any word from EA on the matter, despite putting in a request for comment, which could mean anything. NHL will be shown at GamesCom, so it's likely we'll probably find out the truth one way or another within a day or two.

UPDATE #2: (Wednesday, 11:50am EST) EA Sports Hockey League (EASHL) is clearly indicated on 360/PS3 (via Amazon, Best Buy) but NOTHING for Xbox One/PS4.

Would no EASHL change your buying decision of NHL 15?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 thejudicata @ 08/17/14 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
I'll say those complaining of glitch goals aren't playing EASHL properly and that further goes to show why this game will suck with no EASHL.

When you play this mode 6v6 it is a great video game. When you put the broken AI in it gets painfully bad. I play sometimes 3v3/4v4 whatever it is, and I know no matter how hard you try to shut down the slot sometimes it will happen. 6v6 is the only way to play the game to avoid the glitches.

And why do I call them glitches opposed to saying theyre just good plays? When you have a penalty shot and you shoot from the top of the circles because you know you have a better chance to score shooting a snapshot from the slot that is a glitch.
Yeah I mostly agree. All these "glitch goals" have the perfect solution if you are playing with people that know how to defend against them.

I assume for the most part people are complaining about the charge up wrister at the top of the circle? Best way to combat is with forwards that play defense....

# 202 Matt_350z @ 08/17/14 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidraindrops08
They have to get position to do the glitch shots though. Don't them get to that area or just play with a goalie. You can't glitch on a human goalie.
My point isn't trying to stop the high percentage goals(or glitch goals). Through the years we have learned how to counter each one.

My point had far more to do with the fact that almost every team you face attempts the same 3 higher percentage goal scoring chances/moves. Whether you shut them down 30 times in a row or not.

That's the boring thing about EASHL to me. Nothing is organic(like real hockey) . Nobody tries anything different. It's dull and stale. So while it's unacceptable for them to remove EASHL after these past few years. I could honestly care less, as it's such a mundane expierience the past couple iterations.

# 203 Trevelyan @ 08/17/14 06:36 PM
No one should be in favor of ANY game mode being removed from the game, no matter your opinion on it. Unless your goal is to play NHL 18 in a few years, and all thats left is HUT, in which case carry on.

# 204 kehlis @ 08/17/14 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan
No one should be in favor of ANY game mode being removed from the game, no matter your opinion on it. Unless your goal is to play NHL 18 in a few years, and all thats left is HUT, in which case carry on.
Did I miss where anyone said they were in favor of removing it?

Not caring that it's removed is vastly different than being in favor of having it removed.

# 205 CRIXUS81 @ 08/18/14 01:48 AM
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li.../10145764.page

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet but apparently EA is going to announce the game modes next week. Until then I am so not going to stress over it.

# 206 JaoL @ 08/18/14 05:06 AM
I'm not going in to panic mode just yet. If it is indeed true that EASHL has been abolished for next-gen and we are left out of multiplayer, I will keep my money. But I'm waiting for EA to confirm or deny the rumours.

# 207 centauris @ 08/18/14 04:15 PM

# 208 TerminallyOdd @ 08/18/14 04:24 PM
As the link above shows, no EASHL achievements in the Xbox One version of the game. Looks like it's gone, fellas...

Then again, not seeing any Live the Life achievements, which was said to be seen in the menus at Gamescom.

# 209 NHL Kid13 @ 08/18/14 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminallyOdd
As the link above shows, no EASHL achievements in the Xbox One version of the game. Looks like it's gone, fellas...

Then again, not seeing any Live the Life achievements, which was said to be seen in the menus at Gamescom.
There are Be a Pro Acheivements, which are essentially the same as Live the Life, just a different name.

Fun Fact: Ea never re named the achievements in NHL 14 (and apparently 15) to "Live the Life" even though they removed Be a Pro and changed the name to LtL.... How pathetic lol

# 210 NoEAMonopoly @ 08/18/14 06:13 PM
lets just ask rammer
[email protected]

# 211 jaateloauto @ 08/19/14 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pujolsformvp21
I see this more as a sales tactic to squeeze out the last possible profits out of last gen. As opposed to it being to hard to implement on current gen or them being "lazy". Seems similar to what 2k has done this year with bringing back crew mode in full (5v5) on last gen only (for those not familiar with nba, crew is similar to eashl and like eashl it had an almost cult following by those who took the mode serious).

EA 1 You guys 0.
Except people who only play the game for EASHL will either only buy last gen game or skip this year completely (I have no intention of buying a game for the old consoles at this point).

You 0 - EA 0 - Fans 0.

# 212 Shaffer26 @ 08/19/14 04:23 PM
This game was a must buy for me. Now it's doubtful. Pathetic on EA's part. And you know they'll put EASHL in for next year and act like it's a brand new feature.

# 213 centauris @ 08/19/14 05:57 PM

# 214 bowld @ 08/19/14 05:59 PM

# 215 ricky24 @ 08/19/14 06:02 PM
Well that does it. Back to the drawing board EA. Let me know when eashl makes it to next gen.

# 216 VoItage @ 08/19/14 06:04 PM
Went from must-buy to "meh".

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.