Home
NHL 15 News Post

There are a variety of rumors and a distinct lack of news when it comes to the popular EASHL mode and its status in the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 version of NHL 15. Today, Best Buy Canada added a lot of smoke to the no EASHL in XB1/PS4 NHL 15 fire by posting gameplay specs which tend to indicate the game will only support two-player online play. In comparison, the Xbox 360 version's product page shows 2-12 players are supported online, which fits with EASHL's requirements.

Up to this point, there has been no indication EASHL is in this year's game on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, with a feature list from the American Best Buy website completely omitting EASHL as well. It stands to reason that EASHL might have been a difficult feature to program on newer generation consoles and the NHL team simply ran out of time. However, given the relative popularity of the mode, the possible absence of EASHL is something which will not go unnoticed by the NHL community.

Now granted, this is NOT confirmation from EA that EASHL is not in the game -- and it is entirely possible it is a mistake, so let's not all panic just yet. With a month to go until release, there are obviously many features we haven't heard about, so it's premature to lift this above idle speculation -- but there are some dots beginning to connect on this story. We have reached out to EA for comment on this and we will certainly update this post if/when that comes back to us.

H/T to @grayisthecolor on Twitter for alerting us to the Best Buy page and sending us down this rabbit hole this evening.

Update (Tuesday 1:30pm CST): A user on Reddit is claiming that there will be no EASHL or GM Connected in the game on X1/PS4 and that confirmation will come within a week or two. Of course, this is an unverified user on Reddit, so let's not get too panicky on this one. What the post does do is it continues to add smoke to the fire. We still haven't received any word from EA on the matter, despite putting in a request for comment, which could mean anything. NHL will be shown at GamesCom, so it's likely we'll probably find out the truth one way or another within a day or two.

UPDATE #2: (Wednesday, 11:50am EST) EA Sports Hockey League (EASHL) is clearly indicated on 360/PS3 (via Amazon, Best Buy) but NOTHING for Xbox One/PS4.

Would no EASHL change your buying decision of NHL 15?

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 murph17 @ 08/12/14 05:05 PM
EA Gamescom conference streaming here 1am PST/4am EST

http://ea.com/gamescom

# 42 bluesfan13 @ 08/12/14 05:50 PM
I'll still probably buy, but I won't be happy with it being left out. If this is left out AND there is no GM Connected? Probably cancel my preorder and just get WWE.

# 43 juice2142 @ 08/12/14 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Södy
I actually think this is more like "How many players can play on ONE console".

I think EASHL will be in.
Even if that's true, it's a step back. On the 360, we could have 4 players on my 360 and play online against other users and their guests. So either way it's a step back.

Not a day one buy anymore for me if EASHL is out. Like a guy said earlier, they have had a two year cycle so excluding this is no excuse. I'll wait for it to go on sale. Not having an NHL game for the PS4 is my biggest regret selling my 360. Hope they announce this is in

# 44 Moneyballzs @ 08/12/14 07:24 PM
I think we've made way too big of a deal off a product description page. That information is no more accurate than when Amazon and Gamestop list something with a release date of 12/31/14. its just placeholder info until the official information is presented.

# 45 thedudedominick @ 08/12/14 07:45 PM
I wont buy on release without EASHL. Probably wait until a sale on it around black friday.

# 46 garyjr33 @ 08/12/14 07:49 PM
I am even more concerned about the hogwash about no GM mode. I spend the majority of my time there.

# 47 Arrowhead21 @ 08/12/14 08:00 PM
How in the world could they leave out a GM mode. What are we supposed to do, spend all our time in HUT? Im sure that mode will find a way in.

# 48 slowpokemcgee @ 08/12/14 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
How in the world could they leave out a GM mode. What are we supposed to do, spend all our time in HUT? Im sure that mode will find a way in.
Wouldn't put that past corporate, make the dev team focus on HUT instead to max out profits. No EASHL, no purchase for me. Hopefully, they'll preview it soon because I was unbelievably excited for this.

# 49 bigwill33 @ 08/12/14 10:11 PM
Was there an achievements list detailing what xbox one achievements would be contained within the game? If there was, did it have any club achievements listed?

# 50 BigD @ 08/12/14 10:14 PM
One thing that sadly leads me to believe EASHL won't be included is the preorder bonus for this year. In the past some of the preorder bonuses were exclusive EASHL equipment and boost items for your player but there is nothing of sorts for this year, no boosts or exclusive equipment whatsoever. Seems a bit fishy. I certainly hope I'm wrong about it.

# 51 MavsUCCB @ 08/12/14 10:43 PM
Right now the only thing that I am counting on in the next gen experience is that 30 NHL teams are in the game and you can play with or against them in a game of hockey. That hockey game will look like it's being broadcasted on NBC. The players jerseys will move like never before. The arenas will look awesome and considering the ice surface takes up 90% of the screen when I'm playing I'm ecstatic about this feature....

That's all EA have given me to go on.

Everything else that we have come to be accustomed to when playing this series from game modes, different leagues, transactions, sliders, custom music, creation suite, online, etc has been totally taken for granted and if EA doesn't put it in the game well it will be an 'innovation' next year.

# 52 riichiieriich @ 08/13/14 12:01 AM
EA would be very, very stupid to leave this mode out of the game. I don't think it's true because so many people play that game mode. But if it were, I am definitely not buying the game.

# 53 Zuke @ 08/13/14 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Was there an achievements list detailing what xbox one achievements would be contained within the game? If there was, did it have any club achievements listed?
The 360 achievements list came out and it was the same as 14.

# 54 bigwill33 @ 08/13/14 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuke
The 360 achievements list came out and it was the same as 14.
Ok, but did the list for xbox one come out as well?

# 55 SinisterAlex @ 08/13/14 02:28 AM
If there's no EASHL, I and most of my friends will have to think about purchasing an NHL game for the first time in YEARS. I can't imagine EA NHL without EASHL. It's practically the go to mode of the game. OTP lobbies are always full with multiple rooms and EASHL itself is packed as well.

No EASHL = a probable no purchase for this long time EA Sports NHL player.

# 56 KNTTWD @ 08/13/14 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
If there's no EASHL, I and most of my friends will have to think about purchasing an NHL game for the first time in YEARS. I can't imagine EA NHL without EASHL. It's practically the go to mode of the game. OTP lobbies are always full with multiple rooms and EASHL itself is packed as well.

No EASHL = a probable no purchase for this long time EA Sports NHL player.
Exactly. I actually wouldn't know what to do with my life

# 57 SinisterAlex @ 08/13/14 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNTTWD
Exactly. I actually wouldn't know what to do with my life
Whenever I would play NHL 14 I would either go directly to the OTP Lobbies or EASHL if my friends were online. I barely touched Be a GM, Live the Life, or GM Connected. I haven't played a ranked versus game since NHL 11 (aside from playing friends of course).

EASHL revolutionized online sports gaming IMO and would be absurd if it was left out on NHL's first foray into next gen consoles.

# 58 KNTTWD @ 08/13/14 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
Whenever I would play NHL 14 I would either go directly to the OTP Lobbies or EASHL if my friends were online. I barely touched Be a GM, Live the Life, or GM Connected. I haven't played a ranked versus game since NHL 11 (aside from playing friends of course).

EASHL revolutionized online sports gaming IMO and would be absurd if it was left out on NHL's first foray into next gen consoles.
Club mode definitely revolutionized sports gaming, especially with FIFA and NHL. It gave a fresh and meaningful feeling to gaming in sports.

Since NHL 09....its always been
1. EASHL
2. OTP
3. HUT/VS when me and my buddies were finished clubbing for the night.

# 59 kicker @ 08/13/14 08:08 AM
No EASHL No Buy....simple as that.

# 60 brandon27 @ 08/13/14 08:50 AM
Not going to affect my decision, can honestly say I've never played the mode. I couldn't even tell you what it is.

It does however suck for those of you that do enjoy it. Hopefully it makes its way in, but it's not looking good based on what we're seeing.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.