Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 gameplay footage has started to leak out from Gamescom. Check out the first clip at Gamersyde, featuring the Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs.

UPDATE: One more video added. (Thanks @Swaguux5)

Let us know what you think.

Thanks EQuartz!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/13/14 08:23 AM
Improved spacing and passing will help a lot. Did I see new rebound animations?

# 22 Smirkin Dirk @ 08/13/14 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
Spacing definitely improved no New rim physics but new rim Sound on fiba Games
I'd hold off on that. It looked different to me.

# 23 MarkWilliam @ 08/13/14 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
Spacing definitely improved no New rim physics but new rim Sound on fiba Games

Any new net animations?

If so, would you say overall better or worse? Looked ok in the vid.

New rim sound is interesting (albeit only for FIBA). Would hate to think its a better sound and only FIBA get it - but it is only a rim sound I guess....

# 24 alabamarob @ 08/13/14 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
I messaged them about this all year.glad its fixes
With any sports game on any generation proper speed is important to a realistic game. Usually the faster the game speed the more cheesy the game is. A slower game requires more thinking, and strategy than a turbo fest. 2K14 is 75 percent stick skills and 25 percnet strategy. Hopefully we can get the opposite this year. I like what I see so far.

# 25 Smirkin Dirk @ 08/13/14 08:25 AM
The one thing NBA Live nailed was the look of their rim.

# 26 countryboy @ 08/13/14 08:31 AM
I'm loving the game speed.

Nice little spin move in the paint by Cole. Still liking the help D

# 27 aholbert32 @ 08/13/14 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Looks good. I was kinda hoping that the presentation got overhauled to a more authentic broadcast look. I hate that long substitution screen at the bottom. I do like how much more fluid the players move and shoot.
Didnt TNT use the long substitution screen? I think thats pretty authentic.

Like that player warmups are back and that different camera angles are sometimes used on inbounds.

# 28 Goffs @ 08/13/14 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers99_58_36
Did anyone else notice the different shooting mechanic or was it just me. It appeared to be there was a meter that filled up and when it was full it looks like you had to let it go, I can't tell completely my eyes aren't good enough to see that small.
Yeah I just read that hands on and quoted this....

Quote:
Before, you had to jump holding the button and release it at the height to run the best arc. Now, it has a kind of integrated power bar that appears at the bottom of the circle that usually surrounds a player when you have selected. In that bar, factors such as jumping, "timing" and the difficulty of the shot, so that if we stopped the meter at its halfway point, the chances of the ball through the hoop will be greater condense.

# 29 thedream2k13 @ 08/13/14 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers99_58_36
Did anyone else notice the different shooting mechanic or was it just me. It appeared to be there was a meter that filled up and when it was full it looks like you had to let it go, I can't tell completely my eyes aren't good enough to see that small.
yep looks like a "release when green" shot meter which takes away need to learn jumpshots. I hope I am wrong because that's ultimate hand holding

Or maybe they removed letter grades as in hoped and the meter measures shot release by either being green white or red

# 30 aholbert32 @ 08/13/14 08:59 AM
Quote:
yep looks like a "release when green" shot meter which takes away need to learn jumpshots. I hope I am wrong because that's ultimate hand holding

Or maybe they removed letter grades as in hoped and the meter measures shot release by either being green white or red
More likely than not its for lower difficulties. Casual fans need to learn how to play the game too.

# 31 countryboy @ 08/13/14 09:01 AM
I'm at work so I can't listen to the video, how is the in game sound? Or can it even be heard?

# 32 The 24th Letter @ 08/13/14 09:02 AM
Did Belinelli get hit on that 3?

I hope so, because if not that means the random flails after jump shots is returning..

Wasn't a fan of that at all last year...I get "not wanting all jumpshots to look the same"...but it should be within context.

# 33 Vni @ 08/13/14 09:04 AM
Quote:
Before, you had to jump holding the button and release it at the height to run the best arc. Now, it has a kind of integrated power bar that appears at the bottom of the circle that usually surrounds a player when you have selected. In that bar, factors such as jumping, "timing" and the difficulty of the shot, so that if we stopped the meter at its halfway point, the chances of the ball through the hoop will be greater condense.
Hmmmmmmmmmm. That sounds wierd.

# 34 thedream2k13 @ 08/13/14 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
More likely than not its for lower difficulties. Casual fans need to learn how to play the game too.
I would prefer them learning a post move or how to use the playbook . those are the 2 things hardly anyone does online or offline. If my assumption is true I hope it isn't present on hof Sim level games. We already shooting 70 off jumpers this will make it even easier

# 35 countryboy @ 08/13/14 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Did Belinelli get hit on that 3?

I hope so, because if not that means the random flails after jump shots is returning..

Wasn't a fan of that at all last year...I get "not wanting all jumpshots to look the same"...but it should be within context.
I personally thought he got hit, but really hard to tell from where he was on the court and the angle of the camera recording the action.

# 36 Junior Moe @ 08/13/14 09:06 AM
Quote:
Didnt TNT use the long substitution screen? I think thats pretty authentic.

Like that player warmups are back and that different camera angles are sometimes used on inbounds.

Yeah, TNT does use it in the same way now that I'm thinking about it. It's just that 2K's presentation is getting stale to me. When I say that, I'm talking about stat banners and such. The game itself is gorgeous. I just want (and it could be in this year, we don't know yet) to see more banners with pertinent info. When a player is at the freethrow line, I want to see what his percentage is and how he's doing so far in the game. It would be nice to have a small banner pop up pregame showing the star players' averages. That's the kind of stuff I want more of. It's small, but it adds to the immersion for me.

# 37 MarkWilliam @ 08/13/14 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni

To me shooting will be the same - there is just a bar beneath players indicating when to release/if released at the right time.

But the idea of releasing at height of jump would still remain.... this is how I understand it anyway....

# 38 aholbert32 @ 08/13/14 09:10 AM
Quote:
I would prefer them learning a post move or how to use the playbook . those are the 2 things hardly anyone does online or offline. If my assumption is true I hope it isn't present on hof Sim level games. We already shooting 70 off jumpers this will make it even easier
Casual fans dont have the time to do that. They want to pick up and play.

# 39 cthurt @ 08/13/14 09:11 AM
Im glad to see the annoying reflection off the court was toned down, and the game pace is a lil slow for my taste but still better then the out the box speed of 2k14, couldnt notice to much more watching it from my phone.

# 40 thedream2k13 @ 08/13/14 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Quote:
Casual fans dont have the time to do that. They want to pick up and play.
I know but I hope its just a shot quality meter to replace letter grades. Casuals aren't new to 2k they know they have to learn or lose.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.