Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

NBA 2K15 gameplay footage has started to leak out from Gamescom. Check out the first clip at Gamersyde, featuring the Miami Heat vs. San Antonio Spurs.

UPDATE: One more video added. (Thanks @Swaguux5)

Let us know what you think.

Thanks EQuartz!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 jpshua15 @ 08/13/14 10:47 AM
That court is different from their current one

# 62 ForeverVersatile @ 08/13/14 10:56 AM
This isn't a current build per Ronnie2K.

# 63 Mintsa @ 08/13/14 11:01 AM
The shot meter thing might not be for all difficulty levels and can probably be turned off. Games past had the shot feed back as well. I'm almost positive this "meter" shooting WILL NOT be available for online ranked matches.

# 64 growndhawgg @ 08/13/14 11:06 AM
It looks like the Spurs will have a new court!!!

# 65 thedream2k13 @ 08/13/14 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
The shot meter thing might not be for all difficulty levels and can probably be turned off. Games past had the shot feed back as well. I'm almost positive this "meter" shooting WILL NOT be available for online ranked matches.
If it's to help casuals it will be in all online modes. Lowers the complexity of learning the game instead of teaching .

# 66 thedream2k13 @ 08/13/14 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheep2910
I agree. We can clearly see that the players are too big / the court is too small. This is one of the main reasons 2ks gameplay is SEVERELY flawed, and zone defense is so dominant. Idk why most call it "next gen" when the same problems that plague last gen still exist. It is CLEARLY the same game. Nothing but a over glorified ps3 port.
its basketball how in the heck can they make it look different every year?

# 67 jersez @ 08/13/14 11:15 AM
it's kinda funny I remember last gen, a big complaint was how everyone was the same size and you couldn't tell people apart.

# 68 bxphenom7 @ 08/13/14 11:16 AM
Game speed looks right. Looks like a real game in motion

# 69 stillfeelme @ 08/13/14 11:17 AM
2K team,

• First impression is I am loving the pace of the game. Please do not change the speed of the game. I hope the game ships with this speed and is not tuned to be much faster. I am loving the pace.
  • The passing animations have been redone. Checkout that one hand pass that Manu throws around 1:16 in that youtube video. One hand whipped out of his hand like he does. The catching and passing animations are noticeable
  • The animations look way smoother. Less sliding on the animation which means it takes more realistic steps to get up the court. Ecomotion 2.0? There is some sliding but noticeably reduced
  • New animations for rebounds looks better hopefully rebounding is improved.
  • Changing directions looks more realistic hopefully the control is better
  • Contesting shot animations look contextual look at around 1:02 how Manu contest the shot by the user and then look at how Diaw user controlled contests the shot by the Cole drive. I like how he contest not just aimless jumping. Also check out how Manu is contesting the same play with hands straight up wow just looks beautiful.

# 70 gremdog8 @ 08/13/14 11:27 AM
I'm not gonna take too much out of the video since when it started the dude was getting smashed 17-3 with a minute to go using the best offensive team in the league. It looks smoother and from what I seen the passing is vastly improved. Would like to see a video with a better player on the sticks.

# 71 Man2116 @ 08/13/14 11:31 AM
Thought it was Justin Bieber playing at first... looks like this may be the demo, very smooth, passes move faster, rim looks different, rebounding looks a bit better need to see more, size of court and players are still not right but looks good, they still have a good month to polish it up...looking forward to it.

# 72 turty11 @ 08/13/14 11:32 AM
i didnt see anything i liked nor disliked. Ill just have to wait till i play it myself

# 73 @marcusjiles @ 08/13/14 11:33 AM
Here's the issue with the size of the court that didnt change (surprise no. 1) - On the first possession, you look toward the nearest corner, there's a double on the post player while the defender is standing 2 ft away from the man standing at the corner spot. That's an issue by default. Imagine it in MyCareer.

EVEN IF players move slower (No chance, speed has been an issue for YEARS) it doesnt really matter because you're already in the vicinity of two players in two different spots on the floor.

Overall it looks largely the same. Doesnt have to be such a bad thing. Could mean they focused on other aspects to sure up.

Glad we've seen some gameplay, now we're not at the mercy of 2k playing their tease game. We've seen a game that looks largely similar, nuances be damned. Show me otherwise.

# 74 Kodii Rockets @ 08/13/14 11:40 AM
Was hoping they would do more in regards to court spacing/player model size, it seems I'll have to adjust those again in my rosters. Oh wells, I'm used to it.

Good to see the timeout situation on the overlay in right corner, just hoping that they added individual fatigue/fouls back to the quick sub menu. Don't know why that was taken out in the first place.

Overall looks solid, as usual. Still day 1 buy for me.

# 75 Vni @ 08/13/14 11:41 AM
Quote:
- Player models look to have been redone as well. Hard to tell to what extent from this short video though. But I will say they look more slim down like real NBA players and less bulky as in previous years.
True. I think that plays a part in my Live ish feel. 2K players model where more bulky in the past. I like that they made em slimmer.

# 76 lakers24 @ 08/13/14 11:44 AM
Those passing animations were sexy. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun to play team ball and work it around the perimeter just like the real Spurs(the speed at which the ball moves on the skip pass was on point as well).

# 77 thedream2k13 @ 08/13/14 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
How long does it really take to learn a jump shot? Like really? Lol.

Some people are a bit over dramatic with certain things. You can pretty much learn 95% of player jump shots by taking them to practice for two seconds. The rest just have the weirdest button releases.

You don't have to be some hard core gangsta 2k player to figure out how to get someone's release in previous games.
perhaps you missed the fact that most casuals don't use practice mode for jumpshot releases therefore they have to install mechanics to make it easier for them to pick up and play

# 78 Shaffer26 @ 08/13/14 12:09 PM
Man this looks so smoooooth. Can't freaking wait.

# 79 luda06 @ 08/13/14 12:13 PM
Kind of disappointed that post players don't try to fight for deeper position. They'll just stand there demanding the ball, even though they're not helping the player who wants to pass them the ball. The floor spacing still seems like an issue. Early in the clip, the Spurs loaded up the strong side, which is just a WTF moment. It was unbearable to watch. What is the ball handler supposed to do? Pass to a trailing Diaw, and let him iso 20 feet away?

# 80 cb1115 @ 08/13/14 12:41 PM
From this video alone, you can tell it looks more realistic than 2K14. That Durant video had me worried.

Games speed was little bit jarring at first but I quickly adjusted. Spacing and passing seemed to have gotten much needed improvements.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.