Home
FIFA 15 News Post

FIFA's career mode is seeing some important new changes to it this year in FIFA 15. The focus this year is on managing and finding players, and making those tasks simpler for digital managers. Here is what you can expect:
  • Player Growth - FIFA 15 has a more realistic system for player growth and potential. Highly rated older players won’t retire as quickly and high potential players grow faster if you give the opportunity to do so.Global Transfer Network - Improved scouts will now automatically recognize squad weaknesses and suggest replacement players based on the team you want to build.
  • Intuitive Player Search - A new player search screen lets you find players faster and better suited to your team. Player names populate as you search.
  • Storylines and Presentation - Accurate and in-depth analysis around players, team and leagues during the match and throughout the mode as you progress your career.
Team Management

Customise up to six different Team Sheets per club and alter your strategy based on your next opponent, the changing tactics in-game and fitness of your players. Get your favourite team playing the way *you* want them to play.

Here are the four ways you can now manage your clubs:
  • Instructions - Player instructions can be applied to each of the 10 outfield players with multiple options per position - from defensive positioning and mentality to run types and attacking mentality.
  • Formations - Preset formations for any of your custom squads and pick one the best one to take on your next opponent.
  • Roles - Set roles like captain, set-piece and penalty takers for each of your squads.
  • Tactics - Set a default Team Tactic to each of your Team Sheets so your gameplan is locked before hitting the pitch. Or go deeper and add custom tactics to any of your line-ups.
These changes look like they're hitting the right spot, especially the player search and improved scouts, which were two of my main gripes about last year's mode. Look for FIFA 15 to drop on September 23.

FIFA 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view FIFA 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: FIFA 15Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
FIFA 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 NightmareBooster @ 08/13/14 09:42 AM
My initial reaction is that "Storylines and Presentation" sound like the same old news updates from the past 2 or 3 iterations. However, I am optimistic about a better model for player growth, youth academy growth in particular if it extends to that. Hopefully we'll now know BEFORE we sign a youth prospect what his work rates are. Very few things are more annoying than frothing at the mouth over a 70-74 OVR, 90-94 POT CF only to have him come in with L/L work rates.

# 2 GR5Noles @ 08/13/14 09:57 AM
hopefully by storylines they mean that managers can get fired. It's kind of annoying seeing Chelsea or Manchester United or another big club sitting mid-table and keeping their same manager. I also wish you could customize your manager more besides having the option of a handful of generic looking managers. I know the World Cup game had all the WC managers, so it would be nice to something like that for a few select leagues.

# 3 NightmareBooster @ 08/13/14 10:51 AM
Also, since we're on the topic of CM, once again I'm hoping they'll either take Manager Wages out entirely or give it some meaning.

# 4 JayD @ 08/13/14 11:12 AM
Global Transfer Network - Improved scouts will now automatically recognize squad weaknesses and suggest replacement players based on the team you want to build.

Thanks god!!!!!

# 5 HarlemYankee @ 08/13/14 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Also, since we're on the topic of CM, once again I'm hoping they'll either take Manager Wages out entirely or give it some meaning.
100 Percent. I don't get that at all. Why have some arbitrary number as a wage when it doesn't mean anything?

# 6 Zac @ 08/13/14 12:33 PM
Kinda bummed GTN is still in the game. That thing is the worst addition to CM in forever. But hopefully they tweaked it enough where its not total garbage this time around.

Also agree with the wage thing above. As someone else stated in another topic, it would be nice if a manger could save up those funds and buy out a team to be its owner. But then they would have to implement some sort of owner mode which they haven't done yet. So here is to hoping for 16 to have that.

# 7 GR5Noles @ 08/13/14 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac
Kinda bummed GTN is still in the game. That thing is the worst addition to CM in forever. But hopefully they tweaked it enough where its not total garbage this time around.
I actually didn't mind it. It made the transfer market a whole lot more realistic and gave transfers some 'boom or bust' potential. In previous FIFAs you could go out in the market and just looked for teenagers with 70+ overall and automatically know that he's going to be a star. This brought a different dimension to transfers which made it more enjoyable in my opinion.

# 8 NightmareBooster @ 08/13/14 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oulzac

Also agree with the wage thing above. As someone else stated in another topic, it would be nice if a manger could save up those funds and buy out a team to be its owner. But then they would have to implement some sort of owner mode which they haven't done yet. So here is to hoping for 16 to have that.
Ideally what I'd like is to be able to somehow put that wage money back into the team. In Madden you get XP for participating in practice challenges, which you can then spend on things for your team (scouting boosts, more growth at certain positions, etc.). They could do something similar just using manager wages instead of XP, with the best boosts being really expensive such that you'd either have to be managing a top flight club to be able to afford them, or you'd have to save up for a really long time.

Not only would it give the wages meaning (you'd actually consider offered wage when choosing a team, GASP!) but it would give the player another way to impact the team off the pitch. Hell, even if the feature sucks I'll take it over nothing at this point.

# 9 Altimus @ 08/13/14 01:06 PM
Wish they mentioned a full blown transfer market center where you can see ALL moves for all the leagues in the game.

I'm not sure why this is hard to implement year after year. The game logs moves anyway so why can't we see them?

Full player name - from where to where (full team name and not just logo) and price.

# 10 orion523 @ 08/13/14 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
I actually didn't mind it. It made the transfer market a whole lot more realistic and gave transfers some 'boom or bust' potential. In previous FIFAs you could go out in the market and just looked for teenagers with 70+ overall and automatically know that he's going to be a star. This brought a different dimension to transfers which made it more enjoyable in my opinion.
I agree, although the execution was a little bit clunky, the GTN in theory is a solid idea, and much more realistic and challenging than the old way. IMO, here's what they should do:

- Add in "ranges" for ovr and potential, and have the range shrink the longer you scout a player. For instance, say you want to scout Will Hughes from Derby County, the initial scouting report would come back with an ovr range of 60-75 and a potential range of 70-90. If you feel he's the type of player you'd want, you scout him further, after 30 days his ovr range shrinks to 69-75 and his potential to 80-90.

- another thing, once you out in the effort of scouting a player fully, that report should be valid for an entire year, not just a couple of months.

# 11 Zac @ 08/13/14 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
That is not what makes it bad. But that is not how I see it either. What makes it a terrible system is how its managed. You lose reports after 60/90 days. Why in the world? Who would throw reports away for someone on your shortlist. Meaning you have interest in them.

You can't search for specific positions. If you want a CAM you have to search for CM which includes CMs, CAMs and CDMs. Cluttering up the results. This is when you are searching, not using a scout. When using a scout you choose midfield or attacker. So it gets even more grouped together.

Scouts don't give you the proper reporting of the players ability. Which is no the bad thing. Its how they relay it that is the problem. This garbage of stat ranges is dumb and most of the time highly accurate. OVR means nothing. I only care about key stats for each positions. So it should be based off a scoring system. What does the scout think of his crossing ability, poor, below average, average, above average or good. I would much more prefer that. And each of those could have wildly different stat ranges in them based on the position and the scout. Don't show me all the numbers. Hide them all. Showing me the numbers makes me go nuts when scouting players. I spend way too much time on it. And I can always find the best player doing so. I have not had a bust pickup since my first season using it. It doesn't work as intended. Which just makes the whole thing feel busted even more. Basically lower level scouts need to be wrong more often. I haven't had a bust as you say in forever. The system is too easy to find gems.

Also let me compare scouted players side by side better. The current compare view is terrible. And it should be smart enough to compare only keep areas for that position. I don't need to see defensive stats for a striker.

Another problem with it is fact that the scout will run out of people to scout. Really? You mean in all of Italy you could only find 3 players? And now your giving up. What? There are surely more than 3 players in the entire country that meet my measly criteria. Which leads me to the next thing.

Scouts need to have traits and personalities. Every scout is exactly the same in the game, and I don't feel the need to spend the big money on a highly rated scout. Because I can do the same thing with a 2 star scout for much less money. That is how broken the system is. Scouts need to be widely different in decision making, ability to find talent, etc.

Maybe I want too much out of the game. But I spend a lot of my free time playing FIFA. And I would like a better overall experience in my CMs. I find this system so broken I don't even use it anymore. I just use the youth program to bring 3-4 a players a year (which is also pretty broken). And if I need a transfer I use the search system to find the players I want. I don't bother scouting anyone anymore. You can tell how a good a player is based off his value and wage. Why bother scouting when I know a player with a value of 7million and a wage of 50K that the team is asking 15 million for and is crucial to their squad, will be 75 rated or higher and be good at his position.

# 12 Zac @ 08/13/14 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Ideally what I'd like is to be able to somehow put that wage money back into the team. In Madden you get XP for participating in practice challenges, which you can then spend on things for your team (scouting boosts, more growth at certain positions, etc.). They could do something similar just using manager wages instead of XP, with the best boosts being really expensive such that you'd either have to be managing a top flight club to be able to afford them, or you'd have to save up for a really long time.

Not only would it give the wages meaning (you'd actually consider offered wage when choosing a team, GASP!) but it would give the player another way to impact the team off the pitch. Hell, even if the feature sucks I'll take it over nothing at this point.
That would be good also. At least its something to do with it.

# 13 NightmareBooster @ 08/13/14 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altimus
Wish they mentioned a full blown transfer market center where you can see ALL moves for all the leagues in the game.

I'm not sure why this is hard to implement year after year. The game logs moves anyway so why can't we see them?

Full player name - from where to where (full team name and not just logo) and price.
I don't think the game actually simulates "real" transfers for the ones we don't see on the news ticker. It's my suspicion that a handful of transfers are "real" and involve a monetary transaction for the player, if only to give the impression that there's wheeling and dealing besides yours being done. The rest are just personnel changes from one team to another with no monetary exchange.

Keep in mind this is just my speculation based on EA's history for smoke and mirrors.I doubt that EA would spend the time properly coding a simulated transfer economy.

# 14 evanreyes @ 08/13/14 02:31 PM
I don't like the global transfer network thing. I'm really glad that the progression is being fixed. In FIFA 14, in my third year at Portsmouth, I sold my top 3 players, then signed Bakkali. He scored most of my goals, almost one a game (I played every game), he went up by 3. Not even an 80. I won the domestic cups so the competition was good.

# 15 Zac @ 08/13/14 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi286
Futhead posted a career mode impressions page, a guy played about 3/4 of a season in Fifa 15 career mode, if you want to read about changes being made.

http://news.futhead.com/posts/fifa-1...de-impressions
Good read, thanks for posting it.

# 16 JHedges2 @ 08/14/14 11:26 AM
Couple of n00b questions here...

1. Will FIFA 15 have a 'World Cup' mode? (Or, will the WC be integrated into the career mode when applicable (i.e. summer 2018)?)

2. What is the point of having different 'lineups'? I am new to soccer so, I don't completely understand it when I see teams 'sitting' their stars (for w/e reason). Seems these 'sheets' mentioned is a huge addition, any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

# 17 Murph @ 08/14/14 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2

1. Will FIFA 15 have a 'World Cup' mode? (Or, will the WC be integrated into the career mode when applicable (i.e. summer 2018)?)

2. What is the point of having different 'lineups'? I am new to soccer so, I don't completely understand it when I see teams 'sitting' their stars (for w/e reason). Seems these 'sheets' mentioned is a huge addition, any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!
1. There will be a World Cup in Career Mode, but in non-World Cup years, they call it 'World Championship' because of the lack of licenses. Since they're bringing back 'Custom Tournament', maybe you can have a separate World Cup mode there.

2. Clubs will often use bench or reserve players for Friendlies or Cup matches, while using their top players primarily for league games. That's why separate, saved team sheets (line-ups) will be very handy in FIFA 15.

# 18 OneDrop @ 08/14/14 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2

Thanks!
1. Most likely, however, it won't have the right presentation etc. It'll just be an international tournament.

2. Being able to have different lineups is huge because in domestic cup games you want to play your secondary goalkeeper and players who don't get a lot of gametime amongst some of your regular first team starters. In the past it was a hassle changing formation, changing the players etc. it was an annoyance. It's also handy because you can set up a defensive line-up and an offensive line-up. If you're Newcastle United and you're playing against Arsenal at Emirates you can easily field the defensive line-up without spending too much time on it. But then, you're down 2-0, you can easily switch to the attacking line-up without having to spend 5 minutes in the menu changing formation, tactics and players. It makes the manager experience better and fielding your team won't be as annoying as it was in the previous games.

# 19 Number999 @ 08/14/14 03:14 PM
As someone who has Career Mode as what he plays the most in FIFA, not too shabby.

# 20 LousyJackRanga @ 08/15/14 06:09 AM
No mention if it, but I'd like to see the option to turn off the GSN at the start of every career.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.