Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

MMGN has posted their NBA Live 15 hands-on impressions. Just a few bullet points below, but make sure you read the entire article.
  • Shooting has been given a major tweaking, guided by an improved shooting ring on the floor around the player that uses green and red rhythm indicators.
  • No longer is Durant’s jumper lacking that recognisable style that defines his game. LeBron’s iconic one-step fadeaway jumper seems like something he would actually do.
  • Sometimes it works really well, and then other times it goes back into its shell, reliving the disastrous, outdated stylings of NBA Live from previous years.
  • The basketball fundamentals have been given a complex do-over, and for the most part, it plays like a basketball game should.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 thedream2k13 @ 08/14/14 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr2424
It shows the gap in expectations between the two NBA games when we're criticizing the most minute details for the other game while we appear to be missing some of the basic features (roster customization) from Live. I root for Live to close the gap but it seems every year the gap keeps widening. Still want to get my hands on the trial and hope the team has made considerable strides from last year.
unless you have a xbox one your first hands on with the game maybe when you first purchase

# 22 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 08/14/14 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
unless you have a xbox one your first hands on with the game maybe when you first purchase

Quoting what I said a few posts back when the exact same thing was said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRK41NOWITZKI
No I think it's for both PS4 and XBOX.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...rial-mode.aspx

# 23 youvalss @ 08/14/14 08:38 PM
This is big, if true:

Quote:
What I really liked about how the game played and looked was just that feel of power, collision and strength. That didn’t exist previously. LeBron feels powerful. It’s hard to put a finger on it...
I just posted on another thread a few days ago, that Live 14 lacked that power and explosion that is found in basketball, not to mention the NBA. Seems like they realized it from the start and worked on it. Good stuff!

# 24 ZoneSix @ 08/14/14 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
Ain't nobody hatin' on live we just want to see the game in Motion whether it's Trailers , presentation etc...

Y'all the ones taking this to heart
exactly. they pulled this **** last year and we saw how the game turned out...

# 25 seanhazz1 @ 08/14/14 09:13 PM
Quote:
It shows the gap in expectations between the two NBA games when we're criticizing the most minute details for the other game while we appear to be missing some of the basic features (roster customization) from Live. I root for Live to close the gap but it seems every year the gap keeps widening. Still want to get my hands on the trial and hope the team has made considerable strides from last year.
I don't think there is such a gap as there are different priorities in order to bring both up to speed for the fan base. It is well documented that only some of the major gripes have only been half answered/addressed at this point by devs of both franchises. One has the hurdle of bringing in increased customization, graphics, and animation fluidity, and the other has to work on actual working game modes and online server stability.

By either measure, I can't wait for actual gameplay footage and feedback on both.

# 26 loosey101 @ 08/14/14 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGLESFAN10
Ain't nobody hatin' on live we just want to see the game in Motion whether it's Trailers , presentation etc...

Y'all the ones taking this to heart
Coming from the guy who misunderstood the recap posted and took it to heart...

# 27 Jakeness23 @ 08/14/14 10:13 PM
I will say this about their graphics... the jerseys are much better. They fit and move correctly. Gameplay wise, I've thought that since Live 10 that EA has had better court spacing and I think that trend may continue for 1 more year at the least. This is why competition is a good thing. I like when devs push each other, makes it much better for the consumer.

# 28 Blue12 @ 08/14/14 11:12 PM
After reading the article for a second time, it almost gives me the feeling someone from EA wrote it. I'm hoping that there really is a leap, but they need to show it off.

# 29 The 24th Letter @ 08/14/14 11:27 PM
Quote:

As the community continues to grow, we'll get some normalcy back around these parts....right now EA could tell us they're not going to include nets in next years game and some guys would say they don't have an issue with it...

# 30 bumpyface @ 08/15/14 03:29 AM
No videos huh? SMH

# 31 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/15/14 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
As the community continues to grow, we'll get some normalcy back around these parts....right now EA could tell us they're not going to include nets in next years game and some guys would say they don't have an issue with it...
Come on with the hyperbole man lol . I wonder if NBA live team is short handed . You mean to tell me the whole team worked on gameplay ?

I plan to get both for a different experience of Bball but one just seems more complete .

# 32 nick_sr @ 08/15/14 06:37 AM
Wonder if this guy was hand picked? Seems like he's the only one that has played. If that's the case, I don't feel too go about live15

# 33 thedream2k13 @ 08/15/14 09:25 AM
Looks like they went to gamescom just to talk and not show. They should have skipped it

# 34 NumberOneRB @ 08/15/14 10:47 AM
I'd also have to agree with most here that there's been enough "talk" about this game and its improvements. It's time to start showing some results.

# 35 shutdown10 @ 08/15/14 11:02 AM
Competition with the other game is not even possible with how Live is being managed right now. If there is a new found since of confidence in this title, then you have to show it plain and simple.

# 36 NimaAkaJoJo @ 08/15/14 05:06 PM
My two cents on all this hiding-from-the-public-strategy. In the first open letter from the team, they stated we would get a downloadable demo relatively early, usually a demo is out two weeks before release, give or take.. They want to minimize the exposure of the game till they are close to the demo release (witch is unknown). We already know when the game will launch, 7th October.. So now with all this info, when could the possible release be of the demo?

I'm hoping for an bold move and releasing it short after gamescom.
Could be that they're building up slowly to show us the game. First we can read, reflect, think about it, get excited and sceptic. Then they show us the game in motion, real 5on5 gameplay or just a trailer, and from there, feed the community with enough info. Then release the demo and let us dig in and feel the game for our selves.

The Live Team knows that in order for Live 15 to sell well, is to let the players feel the game, Live 14 sold because of the same tactic. We'll get a demo similar to Live 14's.

And man I'm excited to try it! I'm going to support Live in this journey, cause if this could in a year or two get to a point where it's a great ball game, then why not take the chance and support it. (I'm done with the other game) The Live Team obviously have the right vision on how a sim hoop game should play, if you ask me. And I'd rather support a good vision and see where it goes, then not.

My "two" cents....

# 37 King_B_Mack @ 08/16/14 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NimaAkaJoJo
My two cents on all this hiding-from-the-public-strategy. In the first open letter from the team, they stated we would get a downloadable demo relatively early, usually a demo is out two weeks before release, give or take.. They want to minimize the exposure of the game till they are earlier to the demo release (witch is unknown). We already know when the game will launch, 7th October.. So now with all this info, when could the possible release be of the demo?

I'm hoping for an bold move and releasing it short after gamescom.
Could be that they're building up slowly to show us the games. First we can read, reflect, think about it, get excited and sceptic. Then they show us the game in motion, real 5on5 gameplay or just a trailer and from there, feed the community with enough info. And then release the demo and let us dig in and feel it for our selves.

The Live Team knows that in order for Live 15 to sell well, is to let the players feel the game, Live 14 sold because of the same tactic. We'll get a demo similar to Live 14's.

And man I'm excited to try it! I'm going to support Live in this journey, cause if this could in a year or two get to a point where it's a great ball game, then why not take the chance and support it. (I'm done with the other game) The Live Team obviously have the right vision on how a sim hoop game should play, if you ask me. And I'd rather support a good vision and see where it goes, then not.

My "two" cents....
You know Live sold poorly right? Like...really, really poorly.

# 38 shutdown10 @ 08/16/14 09:19 AM
[quote=King_B_Mack;2046484546]You know Live sold poorly right? Like...really, really poorly.[/QUOT

Some people don't realize that this game sold under 200,000 units combined on both next gen consoles. How long will Peter Moore give us that we are here for the long haul talk while seeing those type of numbers on a year to year basis? Im not buying it with the way they are micro managing this game.

# 39 NimaAkaJoJo @ 08/16/14 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
You know Live sold poorly right? Like...really, really poorly.

I know, but the sales they got was either from hardcore fans or people who played the demo and decided to give it a chance. Im part of the last group.

# 40 NimaAkaJoJo @ 08/16/14 10:04 AM
[quote=shutdown10;2046484582]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
You know Live sold poorly right? Like...really, really poorly.[/QUOT

Some people don't realize that this game sold under 200,000 units combined on both next gen consoles. How long will Peter Moore give us that we are here for the long haul talk while seeing those type of numbers on a year to year basis? Im not buying it with the way they are micro managing this game.

Yep, and when I went online in Live 14 there were 100 people online, if less on Xbox One. It's a very small group who played the game on both consoles. Hopefully they'll win more people over this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.