Home
PES 2015 News Post

PlayStation Access has just posted over 20 minutes of gameplay video footage from PES 2015. Your thoughts?

Game: PES 2015Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
PES 2015 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 P21J @ 08/14/14 12:52 PM
This video was, IMO, the best one I've seen thus far. The little contextual animations and interactions in the players is amazing. The player models are spot on as well, and the player individuality is a nice touch as well. I'm pretty hype for this demo release

# 2 RoyceDa59 @ 08/14/14 01:32 PM
Good video, I like how responsive the game looks.

# 3 Sigma4Life @ 08/14/14 04:54 PM
Very impressed. I've been 100% FIFA the past few seasons but it looks like I'll be picking up both this year.

# 4 RandyBass @ 08/14/14 05:15 PM
Where are the fouls? They don't appear to exist in this new engine. They're going to need to incorporate a risk reward system for challenges and tackling, and not just slide tackles either, so that when you contest a player with the ball there is not only a risk of a foul but also actual fouls. They don't appear to exist in this year's game.

# 5 LingeringRegime @ 08/14/14 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
Where are the fouls? They don't appear to exist in this new engine. They're going to need to incorporate a risk reward system for challenges and tackling, and not just slide tackles either, so that when you contest a player with the ball there is not only a risk of a foul but also actual fouls. They don't appear to exist in this year's game.
I am sure they will be there. PES 2014 now is filled with fouls since the last patch.

# 6 KG @ 08/14/14 09:12 PM
Best video so far by a wide margin. I don't know who the Brazil user was but you can tell he's played PES 14 because he was good on the ball, getting rid of it before the defense could close down. His 1st touches were good (wasn't holding down turbo when recv'ing the ball) and his dribbling didn't reek of too much turbo. I think a lot of FIFA players (myself included as I'm extremely guilty of this when I go back & forth between games) try to play PES like FIFA and then get discouraged when a better player and/or the CPU punishes me.

Positives:

Defensive positioning. The way the German defense got into position and cut off passing lanes while the user was pressuring the ball forced the Brazil user to play it around a lot in his area. They were really defending as a unit.

Love the movement on corners. Corners in real life are organized chaos inside the box. I thought it accurately reflected that.

On the 2nd goal. I liked the German user was punished for not hoofing it upfield with Hummels. He tried to play a pass in a tight situation and it went right to Oscar. I feel like the other game makes it to easy to play your way out of tight spaces when the realistic solution is to hoof it, re-organize, and regain your defensive shape.

Player ID for that 2nd goal in the 2nd game. Those little touches by Robben!

Negatives:

The 1st goal was bad Keeper AI by Neuer. Fernandinho got a lot of power on his shot but the keeper should have been shuffling his feet to cover the near-post giving Fernandinho the tougher shot, falling down, across his body to the far post.

Replays STILL have motion blur. This was back in 2011 and it takes away from seeing the actual replay, especially when the action is moving quickly.

Would like to see more fouls called on contact overall

Keeper parries need to be smarter. Not parrying the shot in the middle of the box when it's a shot that the keeper sees coming

Still liked what I saw overall though.

# 7 talucchesi @ 08/14/14 09:47 PM
All I can really say, Is WOW. I was not expecting this to be this good. The running, player turns, everything looked outstanding!

Looked like I was watching a real football match. Didn't hurt that the two people we're very good/sim players either

# 8 Ermolli @ 08/14/14 11:35 PM
Definitely helped that both guys broke the norm of subpar players that make any game look bad/mediocre.
The game speed looks better than I thought but still feel the game is a bit too responsive, not on players like Neymar or Robben but players like De Jong. Also a plus is that passes weren't always accurate, if they played on assisted (4 bars) then I think it's great because I felt that in previous games the passes were too accurate even when they shouldn't be. Still it bothered me that there wasn't almost any foul when at least there was like four occasions that should've been called, hope Konami address that. Finally, keepers are still bad, on the first game first goal the keeper should've saved that by covering better the first post and on the second game in the last goal Casillas was almost in front of his left post leaving the goal almost completely alone, I'm shacking my head that Konami after all these years can't have proper keepers.

They've time to fix those issues but this game has potential to be great, I really want to play the demo now which isn't that far away luckily.

# 9 bballshawn24 @ 08/15/14 02:31 AM
the only two negatives i see is. Keepers and graphics can be more polished. Liked that it wasn't fifa counter attacking football

# 10 Zac @ 08/15/14 02:23 PM
This video makes PES 15 seem like the better of the two games, game play wise. But that could also just be because these two actually know how to play the game. Regardless, just went from a probable day one purchase to I am buying this on its release day.

Also I think its great (although the wait sucks) that they are coming out two months after FIFA. Smart move. They will have almost two months to change/fix things based on what EA did. This could end up being the better game this year.

# 11 LingeringRegime @ 08/15/14 03:23 PM
PES 2015 won best sports game at Gamescom.

Very encouraging news.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.