Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA posted a new blog doing a deep dive into the Skills Trainer Mode.

The mode, narrated by Coach Bill Courtney from the documentary Undefeated, will seek to teach real football skills and concepts to players in an environment which rewards them for completing increasingly difficult skills. This will all happen within the Football Concepts portion of the mode.

The first area you will see in Football Concepts will be how to attack coverages. The drills you'll see cover: Attacking Cover 1, Attacking Cover 2, Attacking Cover 2 Man, Attacking Cover 3, Attacking Cover 4, Attacking Cover 6, and Countering the Blitz.

You'll learn how to go through progressions and how each defense works and doesn't.

The next drills deal with passing concepts. Basically, you will learn how to throw passes in certain patterns: Curl Flat Read, Stick Read, Smash Read, Verticals Read, Slant Flat, Flood Read, Levels Pass, Drive Pass, Shallow Cross Pass, Spot Pass, Spacing Pass and Dagger Pass.

Be sure to read the entire blog to get the full details on how the Football Concepts mode will work. You can view screens of the mode here.

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Mauer4MVP @ 08/14/14 04:35 PM
These are actually pretty cool.

# 2 Bowinkle08 @ 08/14/14 05:55 PM
this is great. teaching new players and players who think they know

# 3 Cowboy008 @ 08/14/14 06:05 PM
I'm going to do the skills trainer right when I start the game up just to get used to playing Madden again.

# 4 bcruise @ 08/14/14 06:09 PM
I really like this. It's trying to teach people how to play football, not Madden.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

# 5 sticks323 @ 08/14/14 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I'm going to do the skills trainer right when I start the game up just to get used to playing Madden again.
Yea it's been a while since I played Madden also. This mode is great

# 6 coke hogan @ 08/14/14 10:01 PM
i remember something like this in madden 07 on the xbox/ps2.

I think it was in practice mode or something.

they explained the defense and where the weak points were.
they told u your reads and when u should throw the ball.

this seems to be the same only difference is, they put it in the skills trainer

# 7 The Visualizer @ 08/15/14 12:19 AM
this might be the thing I am most looking forward to and I'm a Madden vet

# 8 Trackball @ 08/15/14 01:19 AM
Is this the return of Football 101?

# 9 Khanchus @ 08/15/14 09:10 AM
always up for better competition and thats what this mode would mean hopefully....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.