Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

Our friends at ESG have posted this Madden NFL 15 video that shows end of season stats, league leaders, awards, division standings, and more. They also simmed the playoffs and Super Bowl.

For those of you interested in simulated stats, check out the results and leave your thoughts.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Old's Cool @ 08/16/14 02:10 PM
This has to be a joke. I doubt I'll be buying the game if this is what it is. I only play CFM and this pretty much kills the whole experience.

# 42 kaletore11 @ 08/16/14 02:14 PM
I was super excited and couldn't wait to get the game, but now I cancelled my preorder.

As a player who only plays offline ccm, I can't enjoy a game in which Peyton throws for 13tds and Vikes win the SB. This is a deal breaker for me.

If they patch it, I'll get the game and love it. If they don't, there's no point in getting the game for me.

# 43 bc21045 @ 08/16/14 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba2011
I just want to see more than one season before I make a decision either way. Off by what standards? Because Manning has never done it before? Dan Marino had a season of 3780 yards, 16 TD and 10 Int's. Is that really that far off?
Yes it is that far off considering Marino had seasons of 20, 21, 23 24 a drop to 16 at that point in his career is not shocking. It is for a QB who's never thrown fewer than 26 and is coming off the best season a QB has ever had. Combine that with the fact that we know there was no drop off in Manning's ability and it's completely ridiculous for him to throw 13 TDs in a pass heavy offense.

# 44 Sheba2011 @ 08/16/14 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
If this passing season were to happen in 2014 it would be the worst passing season for the league in like 30 years. There are fewer things less likely than Peyton throwing for 4000 yards and 13 tds in 2014.
Except for Eli Mannings 3818, 18 TD and 27 int's last year. I am not defending the game and I don't honestly think Peyton will only have 13 TD's next year. But I have been a fan long enough to know nothing is predictable in this league. We need the guys who have the game early to sim a couple of seasons and see if this was a fluke or if it really still is broken. I am not going to cancel my preorder based on one video.

# 45 StefJoeHalt @ 08/16/14 02:26 PM
Quote:
I just want to see more than one season before I make a decision either way. Off by what standards? Because Manning has never done it before? Dan Marino had a season of 3780 yards, 16 TD and 10 Int's. Is that really that far off?

By Manning standards..he isn't Dan Marino, different time..dan Marino played in a time when u could mug a WR..also Dan Marino played in a run heavy league..look at manning stats..no one else's we are using Manning as the sample
http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXMXXMannPe00.htm&t=0

# 46 JaymeeAwesome @ 08/16/14 02:30 PM
Can we stop using the word "broken"? It's overused when talking about video games. Sim stats aren't broken, they are inaccurate. Broken is where you get to a point in the game and can't progress. If the game crashed during every off season...that's broken.

# 47 mjavon @ 08/16/14 02:32 PM
Improvement over last year. Obviously still not there though. TD-Int's are still not right, it looks like teams won't score as many points in Madden as they will in real life. Too many ties, I think I saw 3 or 4. Summer sack totals are just a little high, but have been much worse. Completion percentages seem good! That was what killed franchise for me last year - when if you weren't Peyton Manning or Drew Bree's your completion percentage was usually 37-45 percent. The stats still need improvement (a lot) but I don't think they'll be a deal breaker for me this year

# 48 jpdavis82 @ 08/16/14 02:32 PM
This was 2 min quarters right?

# 49 roadman @ 08/16/14 02:37 PM
Sim stats for Madden have been underwhelming since the beginning of time.

# 50 juduking @ 08/16/14 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Ughhhh hope fluke..but have feeling it's not..sim stats have always been an issue
My first problem was when I saw Stafford with only 3000 yards passing, then to top it off he completed 65% of his passes? No way that they both happen. He either throws for 4500 yards with less than 60% or he's over 60% and under 4500. All stats across the board except for sacks were low, insanely low.
How does AP all day run for 1800 yards and only 12 TDs? How does Wes Welker have over 1000 yards receiving but not 100 catches? Ratings must be way off with the players or the sim stats are broken again. Not the end of the world, but it does break immersion.

# 51 mrprice33 @ 08/16/14 02:39 PM
Quote:
Except for Eli Mannings 3818, 18 TD and 27 int's last year. I am not defending the game and I don't honestly think Peyton will only have 13 TD's next year. But I have been a fan long enough to know nothing is predictable in this league. We need the guys who have the game early to sim a couple of seasons and see if this was a fluke or if it really still is broken. I am not going to cancel my preorder based on one video.
I'm talking about passing for the league as a whole. Only 2 4000 yard passers, best qb rating in the league at a 92, YPA in the 6s for most of the yardage leaders...

# 52 mrprice33 @ 08/16/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
Can we stop using the word "broken"? It's overused when talking about video games. Sim stats aren't broken, they are inaccurate. Broken is where you get to a point in the game and can't progress. If the game crashed during every off season...that's broken.
Whatever variables they use to produce the sim stats for passing are indeed broken. That Peyton Manning line is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen.

# 53 jmurphy31 @ 08/16/14 02:47 PM
Again, this is another example of EA focusing most of their resources on head to head and online gaming.

Could this be a random year, sure, but I doubt it.

Also Roethlisberger was the AFC Offensive player of the year. His team was 9-6-1 and he threw for 19 TDs. (Granted hes one of the top QBs because of all the low stats, but still)

If your playing in a franchise by yourself, you are probably be the league leader in everything

Being an offline gamer, this kind of bums me out a little.

# 54 Grey_Osprey @ 08/16/14 02:50 PM
Quick thoughts that came to mind after seeing this.

1. Only 1 season, but very unsettling considering it's history.

2. Makes me wonder about random draft classes. Yea, different group, etc, etc, etc. But still.

3. Think I have my answer regarding CPU AI. Sure, this was a "sim engine/program", but ......it's also Madden.

4. Can't wait to see the redesigned relocation uniforms (pet project; 8 months). I'm sure those uni's will go a long way toward overlooking silly stuff like realistic sim stats.

# 55 mrprice33 @ 08/16/14 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_Osprey
Quick thoughts that came to mind after seeing this.

1. Only 1 season, but very unsettling considering it's history.

2. Makes me wonder about random draft classes. Yea, different group, etc, etc, etc. But still.

3. Think I have my answer regarding CPU AI. Sure, this was a "sim engine/program", but ......it's also Madden.

4. Can't wait to see the redesigned relocation uniforms (pet project; 8 months). I'm sure those uni's will go a long way toward overlooking silly stuff like realistic sim stats.
In most cases the sim engine and AI have nothing to do with each other.

# 56 mrprice33 @ 08/16/14 03:03 PM
I would almost rather them tune the simulated stats a little higher than normal in order to keep up with the user's capabilities on offense.

# 57 Knelltone @ 08/16/14 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtswag187
Decent sim asside from some stat bugs, all the ties, and the fact that the ravens and vikings are in the superbowl while the seahawks are out of the playoffs
Seahawks AND Broncos.. despite having the being the highest rated teams.

# 58 MakaveliLPC @ 08/16/14 03:04 PM
This is unacceptable wtf. Seriously game breaking stuff. 13 passing TD's for Manning? I really hope the sim length of quarters were lower than 15

# 59 Knelltone @ 08/16/14 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir psycho
Very disappointing. Passing stats are horrible all around. It seems like every time I get excited about something with this game, some new issue comes up to take away the hype for me.
This is nothing new, passing stats were actually about as bad last year.

# 60 Sheba2011 @ 08/16/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
By Manning standards..he isn't Dan Marino, different time..dan Marino played in a time when u could mug a WR..also Dan Marino played in a run heavy league..look at manning stats..no one else's we are using Manning as the sample
http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXMXXMannPe00.htm&t=0
In the real life NFL there is no comparison to make but in today's Madden game there is no such thing as Pass Interference, Defensive holding or illegal contact they aren't called in the game and if they are it's once a year. With defense playing better this year and the lack of penalties it's fair to compare the game to what we saw back in the day when you were allowed to play defense.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.