Home
EA Access News Post

The official EA Access twitter account today confirmed that the platform will only support six hours of Madden NFL 15 gameplay. Considering EA Sports Season Ticket offers Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users access to the game for three full days, this news comes as a disappointment for Xbox One fans.

Without a Madden NFL 15 demo, EA Access and EA Sports Season Ticket is the only way consumers can play the game early. Unfortunately, EA Access is exclusive to the Xbox One, which means PlayStation 4 gamers are left out in the cold on any early access period.

While EA Access certainly has its benefits with The Vault, the sports gamer looked at the deal as a no-brainer, since it offered early access to games. However, with time limits set to just six hours of gameplay, that could deter many of them.

While EA Sports has confirmed demos for both NHL 15 and FIFA 15, we would like to hear from the community concerning the six hour gameplay limit for Madden NFL 15 on EA Access.

Sound off!

Game: EA AccessHype Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 m1ke_nyc @ 08/18/14 12:45 PM
Maybe I'll subscribe when more games are added to the vault. The only thing at this point that had me wanting to get it was the hope of getting to play the sports games for a full 5 days before release. Thats gone so theres little value in the program right now for me personally. BF4 is the only game in the vault I would play. So glad I waited. Was planning to purchase this on the 21st, but patience worked out.

# 42 CM Hooe @ 08/18/14 12:46 PM
It strikes me as poor form to change the terms of the early access program - which allowed around 72 hours of gameplay on XBOX 360 / PS3 via Season Ticket - to a new number which is 8% of the old value.

If you're an XBOX One owner and were looking forward to playing Madden 15 early via EA Access, I would assume you are upset and I don't really blame you.

EA is going to say it's not a "demo" because you're being granted the full game. In a sense, they are correct - you'll be able to start a CFM, or Ultimate Team, edit roster files, save Gauntlet scores, etc. etc. - but effectively it is a demo because of the extreme time constraint. I'm not sure there's really a precedent for this sort of thing in gaming, honestly.

If I were on XBOX One, I would be staying far away from EA Access as currently implemented.

# 43 StL_RamZ @ 08/18/14 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
It's $30, for a year......you get free games and they won't get taken out of the vault...why wouldn't you renew?
We still have no clue how often "The Vault" will be updated.

# 44 dkp23 @ 08/18/14 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Now I can see why Sony passed on this.
Sony didn't pass this up because of a six hour trial period.

Sorry, but this is EA Access to Madden 15, this is EA access. You still get four full games to play for $5 a month or $30 a year and trials.

While i think a trial limit doesnt make sense to me for sports game, still, it still a good value overall.

Those that make comments about this being the reason why sony passed, needs to think a little harder. EA access isn't just about trials, it is about the accessibility of a vault of games as well. Four full games right now for $30 in a year + trials regardless of limits is a bad deal? gtfo

# 45 m1ke_nyc @ 08/18/14 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGiants4Natic
Incoming: Sony Fans bashing a great service that allows Triple A titles unlimited with discounts on DLC and digital downloads and early access to games regardless of 6 hours or not.
From one Giants fan to another, while I have both systems i'd probably consider myself more of a Xbox fan but really im just all about playing great games. The service has just lost so much value with this announcement. Has nothing to do with being a Sony fan.

# 46 The GIGGAS @ 08/18/14 12:49 PM

Good job good effort EA.

# 47 Beardown @ 08/18/14 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
It strikes me as poor form to change the terms of the early access program - which allowed around 72 hours of gameplay on XBOX 360 / PS3 via Season Ticket - to a new number which is 8% of the old value.
This is what has me shocked. EA set a certain expectation with Season Ticket which I subscribed to every year. I do not care about the money it is the expectation that they created previously that still has me confused from a business perspective. Allowing unlimited time for offline franchise would not have hurt a thing.

# 48 HoundsOfHowl @ 08/18/14 12:50 PM
Here is my only complaint with the 6 hours, other than it being just six hours.

That's just about 1.2 hours a day you get with the game if you try to space it out. Most sim players 1 game last close to 30-45 minutes. There's almost no way to test sliders pre release

# 49 chrisphil1724 @ 08/18/14 12:51 PM
Does Microsoft need to step in now and fix this? EA's poor decision is now having a huge negative effect on their (Xbox) platform, that they themselves are still trying to rebuild after having a launch plagued by poor messaging.

# 50 GrandMaster B @ 08/18/14 12:53 PM
It is still a good deal people.

# 51 m1ke_nyc @ 08/18/14 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisphil1724
Does Microsoft need to step in now and fix this? EA's poor decision is now having a huge negative effect on their (Xbox) platform, that they themselves are still trying to rebuild after having a launch plagued by poor messaging.
This has nothing to do with Microsoft/Xbox. This is about EA dropping the ball.

# 52 BreakingBad2013 @ 08/18/14 12:56 PM
Terrible execution by EA. Completely disrespectful to the fans, and subscribers. They should've said this day one, now they've "stolen" money from users that expected to get their favorite new titles, unlimited, that paid a premium of $30! That's half of an entire Madden copy itself lol.

Snakes. EA and Microsoft look like a bunch of crooks right now, I waited, but I'm fully offended. I was planning on having Madden Thursday, my day off, and now I'll have to wait that extra 5 days. Its not detrimental, but it is a pretty big let down, by companies that make Millions if not Billions of dollars.

Mom and Pop Shops and other places that sell Madden early just got a big boost in traffic, well once this gets around.

A demo has far more value as a Free, Unlimited In-Game Game-Play trial, than a trial for 6 hours for $30. . . offensive.

# 53 HoundsOfHowl @ 08/18/14 12:56 PM
Other than the vault, the early access was huge to me. Working 50+ hours a week, getting the game on the weekend basically was huge. Now this limits my time with the game and forces me to less time when it releases

# 54 dkp23 @ 08/18/14 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

If you're an XBOX One owner and were looking forward to playing Madden 15 early via EA Access, I would assume you are upset and I don't really blame you.

EA is going to say it's not a "demo" because you're being granted the full game. In a sense, they are correct - you'll be able to start a CFM, or Ultimate Team, edit roster files, save Gauntlet scores, etc. etc. - but effectively it is a demo because of the extreme time constraint. I'm not sure there's really a precedent for this sort of thing in gaming, honestly.

If I were on XBOX One, I would be staying far away from EA Access as currently implemented.
I had ticket for a year for madden early access. I dont think EA ticket included access to category of full games only access to early releases of sports games and discounts and ended once the game relases.

While similar concept, EA access is giving users early access to different genre of games and full games to play unlimited for only $5 or $30 for a year.

For those planning to buy physical copy with hopes to resell, this is probably not worth it. Still it may be since it is only $5 more to get hands on early.

For those purchasing digital, there is no negative impact. Effectively paying $1 less for 6 hours of access before release due to the 10% digital discount.

So depending on what you plan to do, this can vary.

While people may not like this deal or may not be "worth it", those that want early access have a choice to cancel after a month and giving up the $5 for 6 hours. While it may not be worth it for madden only people, it is far from being ripped off.

# 55 dat boi Q @ 08/18/14 12:57 PM
Where do you guys live. I can go out to a least ten different pawn shops and buy battlefield and FIFA for dirt cheap. I have a Xbox one and ps4. Most people were looking forward to playing madden 15 and this info just took a lot of wind out of their sails.

# 56 aholbert32 @ 08/18/14 12:57 PM
I'm out. Glad I only bought one month. 6 hrs is ridiculous. No need to make the limit shorter than EA Season Ticket.

# 57 drewst18 @ 08/18/14 12:57 PM
I was so pissed at Sony, now I see why Sony made the decision they made.

Thank you Sony for saving me from myself. I wouldn't be able to resist the urge even though I know its a terrible deal, I still likely would have purchased.

# 58 l8knight1 @ 08/18/14 12:58 PM
Can't wait to hear impressions of the demo. E3 version perhaps? Using the $5 my ps4 is saving me to load up on snacks for Madden full version sick day.

# 59 HenryClay1844 @ 08/18/14 12:58 PM
This is a company that just has zero ability to do public relations. I just can't believe how blind they are to grubbing every nickel they can get.

# 60 Beardown @ 08/18/14 12:59 PM
As an older gamer I do not know if six hours is enough time for me to make a decision on NHL 15. I have not played the game in the past and therefore do not know the control scheme.

Take UFC as an example I probably would not have bought it if I only had six hours as the controls took me a while to be able to start winning. But since there was a demo (not a trial) I was able to get more comfortable with the controls by putting in time and purchased the game when it was released.

I think EA Access is a good value just disappointed I will not have more time with a game before I have to make a decision.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.