Home
EA Access News Post

The official EA Access twitter account today confirmed that the platform will only support six hours of Madden NFL 15 gameplay. Considering EA Sports Season Ticket offers Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users access to the game for three full days, this news comes as a disappointment for Xbox One fans.

Without a Madden NFL 15 demo, EA Access and EA Sports Season Ticket is the only way consumers can play the game early. Unfortunately, EA Access is exclusive to the Xbox One, which means PlayStation 4 gamers are left out in the cold on any early access period.

While EA Access certainly has its benefits with The Vault, the sports gamer looked at the deal as a no-brainer, since it offered early access to games. However, with time limits set to just six hours of gameplay, that could deter many of them.

While EA Sports has confirmed demos for both NHL 15 and FIFA 15, we would like to hear from the community concerning the six hour gameplay limit for Madden NFL 15 on EA Access.

Sound off!

Game: EA AccessHype Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 SiNsinNatti @ 08/18/14 01:11 PM
As someone who purchased the EA Access it is technically a fair deal the MAJOR error is how they failed to mention up front that you'd only be able to play Madden 15 for 6 hours. That would have changed people's perspective on it and they knew this. That is exactly why they waited about two weeks to even mention it was only a 6 hour deal. It only cost me $5 to play FIFA so it was well worth it but the way they went about it was terribly unprofessional/bad business. Think they ever heard of the Better Business Bureau?

# 82 kehlis @ 08/18/14 01:11 PM
Also I feel some posters may want to step back and read the no tolerance policy of this site.

# 83 bigwill33 @ 08/18/14 01:12 PM
What!? You're really killing it, EA. Let me hand it to you.

So glad I only did one month of EA access. It will not be renewed after that.

# 84 dat boi Q @ 08/18/14 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwest718
You feel bad for someone who was going to pay 30 bucks to get access to a game 5 days earlier? Lol.
Yes, who thought they were going to be able to play it the whole five days. You need to understand that most of the people here only brought it because of that reason.

# 85 m1ke_nyc @ 08/18/14 01:12 PM
I mean give us the 72 hours just like season ticket if not the full 5 days. But cmon man 6 hours ? Its so freaking mind boggling how they come up with these poor decisions 1 step forward, 3 steps back.

# 86 aholbert32 @ 08/18/14 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
Done. Is there anyone else we can get to perhaps at Microsoft?
MS wont really care. This is just another app on the One. EA will feel the pain if there are mass cancellations.

# 87 tray03 @ 08/18/14 01:14 PM
Don't know if this was asked. So after the 6hrs will you then be able to purchase the full version? Or you gotta wait until tuesday? If I have to wait, id rather go buy the disk.

# 88 DaveDQ @ 08/18/14 01:14 PM
Wait a second. I pay $30 a year and am able to access a library of games at my convenience, and I'm privileged to (while time limited) an early access to other EA games? And I should be upset?

How many times on these forums have we seen people selling their souls to gain a few days early release to some of these games? Some have paid 20 to 30% more than the game is worth.

It's $30 a year. I'll be enjoying Madden early. I won't even have to leave my couch, while some are traveling to neighboring states to get a boner over their early copy.

# 89 aholbert32 @ 08/18/14 01:15 PM
Quote:
When they said that you would be able to get a trial of new games before everyone else did, what did you think the word "trial" meant?
Season Ticket offered a "trial" and it was available for 3 days. It was safe for people to assume this would be similar.

# 90 Retropyro @ 08/18/14 01:17 PM
So a $30/year program that currently has 4 titles included and will add more in time while never removing any, plus discounts on game and DLC purchases is bad? I'd rather have this then pay $25 for Season Pass that only game 72 hour access for 5 games (now 4) and some DLC discounts.

# 91 Mauer4MVP @ 08/18/14 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
More disappointed than outraged.

I've gotten my $30 pretty easily with the vault games and will be enjoying my 6 hours of Madden. Hope the feedback is deafening though and changes are made (while not consuming every conceivable thread even remotely related to it).

The Vault selection will have to significantly improve or early access terms change before re-upping, for sure, but no regrets about picking up the first year of the new service.
This is the appropriate reaction.

# 92 icethorzeus @ 08/18/14 01:17 PM
Glad I kept my 360, I will now purchase season ticket then buy for ps4 instead of xbox one.

# 93 l8knight1 @ 08/18/14 01:17 PM
I think the EA subcription for XBone has its merits, they just execute things poorly. They should have just done the M15 trial for both next gen systems and gave XBOX subcribers something extra, like Madden packs. Besides, last year's Madden 13 trial was terrible (players disappeared), and the PS3 launch of M13 was a mess (game didn't load every time until they patched). At least you xboners get a trial though.

# 94 aholbert32 @ 08/18/14 01:18 PM
Quote:
As a company, do you think it is wise to give a consumer, who is not guaranteed to purchase your $60 game, 72 hours of access to your product?

This site does have an age limit, no? I mean I hope I'm speaking to adults here and not wasting my time imparting logic into this conversation.
Couple of comments:

First, slow down with the insults. Most people here are adults and people have been addressing you in an adult manner. You keep going down this path and you wont have to worry about OS' average age because you wont be here anymore.

Second, EA has given 72 hr access to their sports games for 3 years and still has sold millions of games. If anything people playing the game for 72 hrs encouraged them to buy the games.

# 95 dkp23 @ 08/18/14 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats an assumption based on nothing. So you are assuming that most Madden fans only like one sport? They have no interest in Hockey, Soccer or Basketball? Or they dont like non sports games by EA?
this whole thread is an assumption like how sony passed on this because madden is 6 hour full demo.

Your response is an assumption that many were going to stay on, it goes both ways. There are people that are going to cancel after a month and those that wont cancel after a month.

The point is, the fact that people can cancel at any point in time if they chose the monthly option is probably the reason why they put a limit. As opposed to the ticket which was $25 upfront.

So it isn't farfetched to think that the people who are bitching up an down this thread were going to cancel after a month anyway. Especially those that are saying in this thread that they got the sub just for madden, so these same people who got this sub just for madden were planning to pay $5 a month or $30 a year for early releases of madden every year? Unlikely those that got this just for madden were planning to stay on.

im one of those that was going to cancel after playing early release and gettin gthe 10% discount.

# 96 rkocjay @ 08/18/14 01:19 PM
i want to apologize to sony(i have ps4) this is great thaey passed on this deal now having more detail

# 97 Reed1417 @ 08/18/14 01:19 PM
Ok, now that I have gotten over the shock of this. I'm glad I spent the 30 dollars because I got Battlefield 3,FIFA 14 and Madden 25 so now I'm not so mad. Yes that 6 hours is wack but hey we get 3 games and more to come for 30 bucks a year.

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 98 m1ke_nyc @ 08/18/14 01:19 PM
Quote:
As a company, do you think it is wise to give a consumer, who is not guaranteed to purchase your $60 game, 72 hours of access to your product?

This site does have an age limit, no? I mean I hope I'm speaking to adults here and not wasting my time imparting logic into this conversation.
Is this a serious post ? you get 72 hours of access to Madden 15 on 360 and PS3 with season ticket this year. And nobody is guaranteed to purchase after that time is up.

# 99 DaveDQ @ 08/18/14 01:19 PM
Quote:
You're paying $30 a month for this? Tell me more about this magical plan you've signed up for that is 3x the price of Netflix.

Typo. I fixed it. lol $30 a year.

# 100 SickDL @ 08/18/14 01:20 PM
Ea screwed everybody over, damn

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.