Home
EA Access News Post

The official EA Access twitter account today confirmed that the platform will only support six hours of Madden NFL 15 gameplay. Considering EA Sports Season Ticket offers Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users access to the game for three full days, this news comes as a disappointment for Xbox One fans.

Without a Madden NFL 15 demo, EA Access and EA Sports Season Ticket is the only way consumers can play the game early. Unfortunately, EA Access is exclusive to the Xbox One, which means PlayStation 4 gamers are left out in the cold on any early access period.

While EA Access certainly has its benefits with The Vault, the sports gamer looked at the deal as a no-brainer, since it offered early access to games. However, with time limits set to just six hours of gameplay, that could deter many of them.

While EA Sports has confirmed demos for both NHL 15 and FIFA 15, we would like to hear from the community concerning the six hour gameplay limit for Madden NFL 15 on EA Access.

Sound off!

Game: EA AccessHype Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 161 atc43 @ 08/18/14 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
Good post. Very helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im sorry but it's quite funny to see people's reactions to something I couldve told you was going to happen in the first place. If you dont look at history before evaluating these "great deals" then its your fault.

I said it when they announced this. EA Access is nothing more than a way to get people to pay for Demos. It was obvious as soon as they announced there would be no Madden demo. Essentially you are paying for $5bucks off your game and access to year old sports games that you may or may not be interested in. What is the value in that?

# 162 BreakingBad2013 @ 08/18/14 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oGFeRNie
Exactly my point,its not like EA lied to us,People just assumed it will be 5 full days early.If you go on the app on the xbox it clearly says Try ea games 5 days before release for a LIMITED TIME..
Wonder how much of this hate is coming from PS owners who dont have a demo or EA access.?
The art of omission is just as bad as a lie.

If you're married, and you asked your spouse if they cheated, and they beat around the bush, and deflected the question, and then you found out they did cheat, would you not be hurt? Same effect, obviously game vs spouse isn't my comparison, but the omission is the same as a lie. You still got cheated either way.

# 163 B1MM3R @ 08/18/14 01:46 PM
You have the option to do year subscription for $29.99

# 164 m1ke_nyc @ 08/18/14 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagrantwade
Pay $5. If your state has 7% sales tax then you get $7 off Madden.

So not only do you save $2 on Madden 15, but you get 6 hours of free gameplay 5 days early.

Please. Please. I am begging of you all. Explain to me how this is a bad deal. And without comparing it to Season Ticket which is irrelevant since it was already eliminated from next gen consoles a long time ago and cost $25.
I paid $41.03 for Madden 15, thought I posted that already ?????

# 165 aholbert32 @ 08/18/14 01:46 PM
Quote:

So not only do you save $2 on Madden 15, but you get 6 hours of free gameplay 5 days early.

Please. Please. I am begging of you all. Explain to me how this is a bad deal. And without comparing it to Season Ticket which is irrelevant since it was already eliminated from next gen consoles a long time ago and cost $25.
I already explained how its a bad deal for me. I have no interest in digital or DLC for the games I buy. I owned 3 of the 4 games in the vault and have no interest in the 4th. The early acess was the only thing I was buying it for.

# 166 charter04 @ 08/18/14 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dal_hawk
Can someone explain to me where they're getting the EA access cost is $30 dollars? 5 dollars a month for a year is 60 dollars, what am I missing?

It's because you can also pay for a full year for 30

# 167 icethorzeus @ 08/18/14 01:47 PM
In the long run this will be beneficial to everyone. EA will receive such negative feedback that it will force them to make adjustments in the future which will help all of us gamers. EA may change the policy this week due to negativity. EA early access would not even allow you to purchase with Microsoft funds but demanded a credit card. Fortunately I kept my 360 and will purchase Season Ticket if no changes by Thursday night.

# 168 vagrantwade @ 08/18/14 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
I paid $41.03 for Madden 15, thought I posted that already ?????
Okay? So you got over $20 off Madden 15. For $5 more which would be the price of EA Season Ticket, you can also get 6 hours of early game play.

Still not seeing how it's a bad deal. At all.

# 169 dghustla @ 08/18/14 01:48 PM
Quote:

It's a bad deal because what many believed they were buying was not what they actually purchased.

# 170 vagrantwade @ 08/18/14 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I already explained how its a bad deal for me. I have no interest in digital or DLC for the games I buy. I owned 3 of the 4 games in the vault and have no interest in the 4th. The early acess was the only thing I was buying it for.
Then don't buy it? It's $5.

Or pay $5 and get 6 hours of early access. Completely optional.

People are really confused as to what a "deal" is.

# 171 Mauer4MVP @ 08/18/14 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You could go to Best Buy right now and trade in B4 and Fifa 14 for 43 bucks total and cover the cost of it and then some. Of course you could also use that money towards another game. I guess it's really what you value.

# 172 vagrantwade @ 08/18/14 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
It's a bad deal because what many believed they were buying was not what they actually purchased.
EA literally came out and said when it was announced that it was times access UP TO 5 days.

There was zero reason to assume otherwise other than people hoping it worked like Season Ticket.

# 173 charter04 @ 08/18/14 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atc43
Im sorry but it's quite funny to see people's reactions to something I couldve told you was going to happen in the first place. If you dont look at history before evaluating these "great deals" then its your fault.

I said it when they announced this. EA Access is nothing more than a way to get people to pay for Demos. It was obvious as soon as they announced there would be no Madden demo. Essentially you are paying for $5bucks off your game and access to year old sports games that you may or may not be interested in. What is the value in that?

I love the I already knew stuff after the fact guy. That's very easy to say you know after it happens.

Most were basing this on the past. You ever heard of Season Ticket? It gave 3 full days of early access trail. It's not unreasonable to think this could have been similar.

# 174 oGFeRNie @ 08/18/14 01:50 PM
Quote:
Then don't buy it? It's $5.

Or pay $5 and get 6 hours of early access. Completely optional.

People are really confused as to what a "deal" is.
Option to buy it or not..
Same people complaining about this same people who will go out and buy madden for $100 to play it early.

# 175 dkp23 @ 08/18/14 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
Key word "believed". People had a choice, they can wait and get full information since the game doesnt actually come out until the 26th or opt in based on their own expectations of "what they want". They did the latter, so the problems lies within each subscriber.

# 176 monegames @ 08/18/14 01:50 PM
Quote:
Okay? So you got over $20 off Madden 15. For $5 more which would be the price of EA Season Ticket, you can also get 6 hours of early game play.

Still not seeing how it's a bad deal. At all.
because for the last 8 years people have been able to get unlimited hours of early Madden gameplay for free through the demos.

# 177 vagrantwade @ 08/18/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
I love the I already knew stuff after the fact guy. That's very easy to say you know after it happens.

Most were basing this on the past. You ever heard of Season Ticket? It gave 3 full days of early access trail. It's not unreasonable to think this could have been similar.

So instead of just flat out reading what EA said EA Access included, they ignored it and just went with what Season Ticket (WHICH ONLY WORKS FOR SPORTS GAMES) had?

That doesn't sound very intelligent.

# 178 charter04 @ 08/18/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
EA literally came out and said when it was announced that it was times access UP TO 5 days.

There was zero reason to assume otherwise other than people hoping it worked like Season Ticket.

No they said 5 days but, no less than 2 hours. They were vague in purpose

# 179 dal_hawk @ 08/18/14 01:51 PM
Quote:
This just came out. What do you mean by second year?

This is just Season ticket with a spin on it. The vault is a nice idea but three last year sports titles isn't going to catch most peoples attention. BF4 is nice for people upgrading from 360 to x1, otherwise you already own it or don't want to play it.

# 180 orion523 @ 08/18/14 01:51 PM
They actually did pull a bait and switch after all, I'm shocked, and more importantly, I'm disappointed. Why on earth would they make such an awful decision so close to the release of two of their biggest titles(Madden and FIFA)

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.