Home
NHL 15 News Post

In a recent video on Twitch, an overview of the Xbox One NHL 15 achievement list seems to indicate that neither EASHL or GM Connected are in the game. This, of course, joins the plethora of evidence indicating that EASHL and GM Connected have not made the jump onto the new generation of consoles this year. We are still expecting official news on the fate of both soon.

If you are interested in seeing the achievement list itself, check it out starting at 1 minute, 8 seconds in.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 messngretz @ 08/19/14 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
Yes I'm not going to play it if if is not next gen. I'll find another next gen game to play. Only time I fire up my 360 is for gta right now.

Plus the AI was junk in NHL 14. NHL 15 will be an exact copy of that game last gen. I was hoping for eashl with improved AI.
Gotcha...I still have the Xbox 360, I never made the jump to the Xbox One because I had zero reason to do so - NHL 14 and GTA 5 both came out for the 360 last year and those are basically the only 2 games that I've played.

If I had already made the jump to the XBox One, maybe I'd feel the same way that you guys do.

# 62 JsMcbain @ 08/19/14 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianVM29
Could you kindly elaborate on that?
Even though I also understand the fact that it is a next gen console game so the price will be a bit higher, I honestly think that because some of the features are removed they should bring the price back down...You do not charge more for less... but I simply went with EA's kind of reasoning... therefore the ''But the box is Blue'' reply as the boxes of ps4 games are blue and the boxes of the ps3 games have no color and EA probably sees it as another upgrade. Elaboration complete.

# 63 bigwill33 @ 08/19/14 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by messngretz
I'm not being a dick here, honest - but if EASHL is all that you played, why would you just stop playing it? Because EA didn't put it in the next gen versions? They didn't even make it for the next gen systems last year and yet I never had a problem with a shortage of EASHL teams/players to play against.

I understand it's a principle thing, but it sounds like you're spiting yourself.
Answering honestly here; I cannot go back to older gens and buy new games when something newer is out. It is a mindset thing that I am not getting the best experience.

NHL is 75% of what I play any more in terms of video games. And EASHL/OTP is 95% of what I play in NHL. And the only reason that I am still playing that game is because of the people I play with. They have become close friends to me and some of them are spread out across the North Americas and I have never actually met them in person. But from playing together for the last 5 years we have developed a closeness.

It sounds dumb and if you haven't had it happen you may not understand and that is alright. But I love hockey and so do they and they are funny, quick witted guys. We get on late at night after the wives and girlfriends go to bed and we are home from a long day at work and we b.s. and play hockey. And we literally make people look foolish.

At least 3 of those guys I play with regularly are buying a next gen system solely for this reason. Sure we try other games to change up the pace, but we always come back to hockey because that is our common bond. We have all played the sport in real life and know the game inside and out. We also are stat junkies and love making the extra pass to create that rare, pretty play.

With each passing year the gameplay has been a letdown to us. Club especially. If you do not have a full squad and are relying on the AI it can become very annoying to lose a game where you are by far the better team and dominate all categories only to have the CPU decide that you are not going to win by giving the boost to the lesser rated team. (this is in the game, by the way)

So to invest $400-600 on a new console and game you kind of want to be wowed. You want to know you are playing the best. You want shiny and new. And I think that is what people are upset about here, or at the very least let down.

What you are suggesting would make sense, in a vacuum. But some of us in my group are trading in or selling their old system to update to a new one. And I know at least a few of us might not even get NHL if there is no online team options because that is pretty much all they do with the console anyway.

As strange as it may be NHL is a system seller for Sony and Microsoft to a lot of diehard hockey fans. The lack of communication and less than stellar games over the past few releases has left a bitter taste in a lot of our mouthes though. And I cannot blame any of those people that say they are willing to sit out a year if the game is not fully featured.

It might not even be a spite thing for some people, but more of a logistical reasoning, if you will.

# 64 messngretz @ 08/19/14 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMcbain
Even though I also understand the fact that it is a next gen console game so the price will be a bit higher, I honestly think that because some of the features are removed they should bring the price back down...You do not charge more for less... but I simply went with EA's kind of reasoning... therefore the ''But the box is Blue'' reply as the boxes of ps4 games are blue and the boxes of the ps3 games have no color and EA probably sees it as another upgrade. Elaboration complete.
I agree, no way they should be expecting people to pay $60 for a game that has a some features removed that they've offered in their game over the last 5 years...

# 65 bigwill33 @ 08/19/14 12:34 PM
They will certainly charge $60 or whatever full price is right off of the release. They have to for many, many reasons. But sales of the game, or a lack there of, might determine how soon the price will drop for it. If the sales are really struggling you could see a price drop by the holiday season.

I have no idea how the sales will be though. I think a lot of people will be picking it up just because it is the new hockey game. A lot will buy it because they saw the new graphics and fast gameplay and don't realize the flaws because they are not diehard hockey fans or simulation players. Some will buy it because the library for sports games are limited and they like sports games. Some will even buy it not realizing it is not fully featured. And a good bit will buy it and love it, just as a good bit will buy it and hate it and perhaps trade it in relatively soon.

But all of the aforementioned scenarios are purchases and help the bottom line. So for those reasons you likely won't see a price reduction anytime soon. The only way a company knows they have not reached their intended goals is by the bottom line. If people try this game with early access or the demo and it is a flop and is not fully featured, and then the word gets out about it... well that is about the only chance the game will "flop".

Just the same, word of mouth has helped to sale games before, too. That could easily be the case if the game is great. Time will tell. EA isn't doing much to spread that word of mouth themselves this time around, which is frightening though.

# 66 MrYaz @ 08/19/14 01:52 PM
I suspect my pre order of NHL 15 may go towards GTA 5 now.

I don't know how you remove a cornerstone feature of the previous 3 + titles.

# 67 statnut @ 08/19/14 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYaz
I suspect my pre order of NHL 15 may go towards GTA 5 now.

I don't know how you remove a cornerstone feature of the previous 3 + titles.
Five titles. It debuted in NHL 09.

# 68 MrYaz @ 08/19/14 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by statnut
Thanks. I wasn't sure enough to say when I made the post, so I just went with what I remembered playing lol

# 69 m_maclean24 @ 08/19/14 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
They will certainly charge $60 or whatever full price is right off of the release. They have to for many, many reasons. But sales of the game, or a lack there of, might determine how soon the price will drop for it. If the sales are really struggling you could see a price drop by the holiday season.

I have no idea how the sales will be though. I think a lot of people will be picking it up just because it is the new hockey game. A lot will buy it because they saw the new graphics and fast gameplay and don't realize the flaws because they are not diehard hockey fans or simulation players. Some will buy it because the library for sports games are limited and they like sports games. Some will even buy it not realizing it is not fully featured. And a good bit will buy it and love it, just as a good bit will buy it and hate it and perhaps trade it in relatively soon.

But all of the aforementioned scenarios are purchases and help the bottom line. So for those reasons you likely won't see a price reduction anytime soon. The only way a company knows they have not reached their intended goals is by the bottom line. If people try this game with early access or the demo and it is a flop and is not fully featured, and then the word gets out about it... well that is about the only chance the game will "flop".

Just the same, word of mouth has helped to sale games before, too. That could easily be the case if the game is great. Time will tell. EA isn't doing much to spread that word of mouth themselves this time around, which is frightening though.

Will you be buying it? I'm curious because you seem to have sorted out what is wrong with the game...so if even you are buying it, there is no chance it flops.

# 70 statnut @ 08/19/14 02:00 PM
Quote:
Anyone know when EA's servers were "shut off" for NHL 13 last year? Just curious to see how long they allowed people to play NHL 13 online once NHL 14 launched...
I'm pretty sure the servers for NHL 12 are still active.

# 71 Pezell04x @ 08/19/14 02:01 PM
Quote:
If you want to play EASHL and EA is only offering it on the XBOX 360, then why NOT play it? Why not continuing to enjoy EASHL just because it's not on the next gen systems? I understand the disappointment and/or anger about it, but are you gonna allow that to prevent you from NOT enjoy something?
Some of us traded in our last gen consoles

# 72 jyoung @ 08/19/14 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Some of us traded in our last gen consoles
Even the people who did hold onto to their Xbox 360s may have switched over to PS4 and might no longer have an Xbox Live Gold subscription, which is required to play EASHL and GM Connected.

# 73 statnut @ 08/19/14 02:11 PM
For me, buying NHL 15 on the 360 as opposed to the X1 is, to me, giving EA money, which is something I don't want to do, considering my displeasure in (theoretically) removing EASHL and GM connected. I'm sure my money means nothing to them, but it means something to me.

# 74 ricky24 @ 08/19/14 02:23 PM
Quote:
For me, buying NHL 15 on the 360 as opposed to the X1 is, to me, giving EA money, which is something I don't want to do, considering my displeasure in (theoretically) removing EASHL and GM connected. I'm sure my money means nothing to them, but it means something to me.

You just have to hope the majority is like us. I'm not giving them 60 bucks for NHL 14 2.0 because they made a mistake developing on next gen.

If there is no eashl, which I'm sure there is not at this point I'll pick up NHL 15 on amazon for half price in 4 months.

# 75 Elite49 @ 08/19/14 03:32 PM
As someone who never played EASHL, it sucks that its out for those who played it. I love these Achievements/Trophies this year because not 90% are for online only. The worst style of Achievements are online ones.

# 76 bigwill33 @ 08/19/14 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_maclean24
Will you be buying it? I'm curious because you seem to have sorted out what is wrong with the game...so if even you are buying it, there is no chance it flops.
I'm usually a sure fire purchaser of the game. I've bought multiple copies in years past so that friends can play. I've bought this game and/or received it for free from EA every year since the first year it came out on Sega Genesis.

I can honestly say, it's going to come down to the demo and early access to decide. If the mode I play the most isn't in I just don't think I'll enjoy it much, personally. The AI isn't good enough for me to stay interested in playing and handicapping myself to get a sim result, historically speaking.

So to have a fan of the sport and video game, like myself, wavering on a decision this late in the process should speak volumes as to where the state of this game is at currently. It's not good right now. I can say that.

# 77 Denzel Washington @ 08/19/14 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_maclean24
Nhl is a niche sport, it can certainly be underwhelming and not make a profit for EA (although i doubt why they wouldnt be able to profit seeing as how barebones the game looks. they probably just need to sell a couple thousand to break even.)
We must hope for this so that ea either mandates their devs to patch in eashl and gm connected for this year or they cut the price quickly to reflect the value that their game presents in its current cut down state.

# 78 messngretz @ 08/19/14 03:47 PM
Quote:
Actually six

# 79 bigwill33 @ 08/19/14 03:49 PM
For the record, if the game is not fully featured from the onset I believe there is a near 100% that the missing modes cannot be patched into the game.

# 80 Denzel Washington @ 08/19/14 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
For the record, if the game is not fully featured from the onset I believe there is a near 100% that the missing modes cannot be patched into the game.
EA patched in UT to FIFA when it first came out

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.