Home
NHL 15 News Post

Sean Ramjagsingh, producer of NHL 15, is stopping by OS this evening for an open chat with NHL fans. In the comments below, you can ask Sean anything and he will answer as many questions as possible on the heels of his interview he did with us today.

If you haven’t done so yet, we’ve covered many of the basics of today’s news in our interview, that there will be no EASHL, GM Connected, OTP, or Life the Life in NHL 15. So don’t be that guy who asks the question which we’ve already answered! However, anything is fair game, and Sean plans to stick around for awhile and answer your questions under the EASportsNHL username.

Keep in mind that we will be patrolling the thread, cleaning up duplicate or ill-tempered posts — keep the questions clean, constructive, and to the point. Please remember that we are enforcing a Zero Tolerance policy towards anything that isn't constructive to this discussion. Think before you reply. We want this to be a constructive and positive experience for all participants!

So with that, ask away!

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 NyquistFan @ 08/19/14 06:30 PM
Can you list some improvements to the Be A GM gamemode?

# 22 statum71 @ 08/19/14 06:31 PM
Hey Sean,

It looks like Season Mode was also left out of the PS4/XBoxOne versions. Is there any multiplayer season option available? Can we control all teams in Be-A-GM?

# 23 yausser1017 @ 08/19/14 06:33 PM
Sean - it seems OTP and EASHL are kind if the same. If OTP is patched in, is there any chance EASHL gets patched in?

Ps... I'm cool with a port of EASHL from nhl 14

Sincerely,

One really upset loyal EA customer for 20+ years

# 24 jyoung @ 08/19/14 06:33 PM
Is the OTP mode that you guys are planning to patch into NHL 15 using created players (like in NHL 09 through NHL 14) or is it using real NHL players (like in NHL 08)?

If it's using created players, will OTP support the same attribute boosting microtransaction system from recent EA NHL games?

# 25 Zuke @ 08/19/14 06:35 PM
How similar will the patch for OTP be to what it is in 14? Like do we get to level up our player and How will this effect leagues like LG?

# 26 tannie97 @ 08/19/14 06:37 PM
Sean, I was just wondering when we will be getting a trailer for be a pro and if you could give some specifies on the mode and some improvements from NHL 14

# 27 Al_Tito13 @ 08/19/14 06:38 PM
Hi Sean. Are sliders exactly the same as NHL 14 or are there some new ones? Is the scale for sliders now going from 0 to 100 like other EA games (Madden, Fifa) or still a 0 to 6 scale?

Thanks!

# 28 AveragePro @ 08/19/14 06:39 PM
Can you confirm or deny shootout mode?

# 29 RedVikings @ 08/19/14 06:40 PM
With an emphasis on Authentic Arenas, how come you were not able to deliver the rights to the United Center? Its a disappointment to see Authenticity lacking in one of Hockey's biggest markets.

# 30 bad_philanthropy @ 08/19/14 06:43 PM
I play on SS, all manual and no pass assists with the speed toned down, I'm really impressed by the game flow and the extent of real hockey plays I have to make, in terms of gap control on defense, and the awareness of possession player handedness I need to have when trying to move the puck in different zones of the ice.

With that in mind I have a few questions

1) Does the cpu now use the chop puck? In addition to defensive situations, I'd like to see the cpu use it in the offensive zone because too often the cpu will attempt to possess an errant and end up offside or dispossessed by a defender. Instead a chop down the boards would have held the zone and gotten the puck back deep, and given them a chance to reload on the cycle. I wouldn't mind a bit more risk reward for the puck chop based on the defensive skill of a player, and the proximity of a defender.

2) A few passing questions for for 15. Could you discuss changes to passing for gen4? Any changes in response to the passing observations/feedback listed below?

In NHL 14, even with manual passing and the pass assist slider at zero, the saucer pass seems overly accurate, and generally too easy to complete by players of any skill attribute level, as well as too easy for players of any skill level to corral.

Also in this vein, shooting the puck up the ice is an overpowered passing mechanic. Long, hard passes at the speed of right stick shot passes should be defended better by the AI, and more difficult to connect with the receiver, and less accurate overall.

3) What tweaks have been made to goaltenders?

4) Any chance we ever get all leagues integrated into Be a GM ala FIFA? I concede it is a more complicated task since the junior leagues serve a much different function within such a scheme. International tournaments integrated as well. Would be awesome to have a World Junior modeled tournament draw the best under 20's from Europe and the CHL for a holiday season tournament. Could be a kind of replacement of the current prospects game as a scouting tool for the draft.

5) Also, a somewhat specific question: in BaP if you played a long CHL career, CHL teams wouldn't end up with new stocks of young players later in your career since there was no regen mechanism in place. As a result you would often end up playing on forward lines with defensemen. Is there a mechanism in place now that restocks CHL rosters according to need?

If the CHL was ever integrated as a playable league into a BaGM it would be neat to have a CHL draft in there.

5) I noticed in authentic arenas the retired/honored numbers banners in the rafters still haven't been updated since NHL 07 or 08. For instance the ACC is still missing #17, #93, and #13. Joe Louis Arena is missing #5.

6) Any chance we could get a force trades on/off that we can active activate/deactivate in Be a GM. I'd just like to be able to have the option to make trades to update rosters in my Be a GM to reflect real life, and switch back to trading with AI for transactions of a fantasy nature.

# 31 icranberry @ 08/19/14 06:43 PM
Hi Sean. Can you elaborate on what you mean by a EASHL committee?

# 32 Ronnie97 @ 08/19/14 06:46 PM
Hey Sean, what updates have you done to be a pro?

# 33 huntt26 @ 08/19/14 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedVikings
With an emphasis on Authentic Arenas, how come you were not able to deliver the rights to the United Center? Its a disappointment to see Authenticity lacking in one of Hockey's biggest markets.
Wait, the United Center is not in NHL 15 for Xbox One/Ps4??

# 34 tomosmithy @ 08/19/14 06:47 PM
Hey Rammer,

Looking on the brighter side of this unfortunate news, you mentioned a fan comittee of EASHL players. What will this comittee do and how do you look to become a member?

Cheers, tomosmithy

# 35 bigwill33 @ 08/19/14 06:47 PM
Could you see that he gets this, please?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-gameplay.html

Give him my contact info if he should wish to speak with me in private.

# 36 aholbert32 @ 08/19/14 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Wait, the United Center is not in NHL 15 for Xbox One/Ps4??
Its in the game. It just doesnt have the United Center name.

# 37 Zuke @ 08/19/14 06:49 PM
Will NHL15 have a roster share function like Madden25?

Will you have a blog for the changes made to Be a GM for example the change to potential and how it works.

# 38 strawberryshortcake @ 08/19/14 06:50 PM
Why does the puck still look like it's stuck/velcroed to the hockey sticks? When will real "live" puck and stick interaction be implemented? This is based on leaked gameplay footage.

# 39 jb1 @ 08/19/14 06:58 PM
Hey Rammer,

Have any improvements been made in NHL 15 (or are you planning any future improvements) in terms of the number of penalties against the CPU being brought up to a more realistic level or do you believe this is not an issue?

Many Thanks

# 40 RileySchentag @ 08/19/14 07:01 PM
Hi Sean,

Has the "Alternate" camera setting for single player been fixed for the PS4/XB1 versions of NHL 15? The past 3 or 4 years I feel like your only option when playing solo was "Always Up" regardless of what setting you used.

Thanks very much.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.